Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

20 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Tune in for more later this week.... #DelticDeco

1400400764_ImagefromiOS(22).jpg.536b1804ca1af9f72d6d75eb499d348a.jpg

Nice quiet news week for Accurascale then..!

Very much looking forward to seeing this. Thanks for all the updates.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, OliverBytham said:

Nice quiet news week for Accurascale then..!

Very much looking forward to seeing this. Thanks for all the updates.

That's an unnaturally restrained response. Personally, I'm on my third towel. #ParpVroom

• Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

sshh - I actually had a demand from my offspring to take them down to our then local station to watch it going through on its regular working for Cross-Country. That time I gave in ...

Oh dear, making a special trip to see it is a confession best saved for a quiet night on here when everybody is allowed to go back to the pub ;)

Roy

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Oh dear, making a special trip to see it is a confession best saved for a quiet night on here when everybody is allowed to go back to the pub ;)

Roy

In my defence I should add that It was only a mile to the station.  We could in fact have heard it from our garden because it was common with the wind in the right direction to hear EE Type 3s (Class 37s for younger readers) passing the station. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

5 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Tune in for more later this week.... #DelticDeco

1400400764_ImagefromiOS(22).jpg.536b1804ca1af9f72d6d75eb499d348a.jpg

Is there a date to accompany 'later this week'?

That teaser looks absolutely beautiful in terms of both etched and moulded detail and colouring.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Wait till you see purple Gordon! :lol:

Sounds like Gordon needs to see a doctor.

Theres always one freak in the decade

66587 - 2010’s

9016 - 2000’s

47803 - 1990’s

37093 - 1980’s

01001 - 1970’s - ok scraping the barrel there, but times were hard in the 70’s.

D5578 - 1960’s

41101 - 1950’s

36001 - 1940’s

10000 - 1930’s

6202 - 1920’s

paget - 1910’s

LaFrance - 1900’s

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Those fans look great ... would be nice to see them rotating ...

Many aren't, but I'm a fan ... pun intended!

Al.

Problem is it’s easy to get them rotating, as in the Hornby 31......but they rotate so fast you cannot see them anyway, they need to rotate very slowly, as if they are just ticking over and cooling down.......managed to do that on all my Heljan 7mm diesels but it took some doing.

17 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Problem is it’s easy to get them rotating, as in the Hornby 31......but they rotate so fast you cannot see them anyway, they need to rotate very slowly, as if they are just ticking over and cooling down.......managed to do that on all my Heljan 7mm diesels but it took some doing.

Rotating so quickly that all you can see is a blur – is that not the point? Servo motors linked to the sound would be, I think, very desirable. Very difficult to do, I think.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

I know and appreciate what you're saying, particularly with a '100mph' (rumoured to achieve anything up to an indicated 120mph according to one contributor on here) Deltic.

The Hornby 'fan-spinners' are such quality, you can see them rotating slowly as they crawl so well as well - just love little gimmicks like that - opening doors as well!

Al.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

I know and appreciate what you're saying, particularly with a '100mph' (rumoured to achieve anything up to an indicated 120mph according to one contributor on here) Deltic.

The Hornby 'fan-spinners' are such quality, you can see them rotating slowly as they crawl so well as well - just love little gimmicks like that - opening doors as well!

Al.

Until they cause poor running, almost all of the fan mechanisms put stress on the motors and inhibit good running. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, Class 158 productions said:

Until they cause poor running, almost all of the fan mechanisms put stress on the motors and inhibit good running. 

I've heard this, but have never encountered it.

I've run all of my 'fan locos' perhaps a total of 100+ hours without problem.

All I do is add a dab of oil in the bushings like you would in the drivetrain.

Not saying you haven't encountered this problem, as I've read it a lot - just never had a problem.

Al.