Mark 5, By Accurascale

11 hours ago, newbryford said:

TPE Mk5s invoices being issued.....

8 weeks to go.

I'm looking forward to these more than big blue/green/purple throbbing things.

Likewise on both counts. I have had the invoice for one of my sets and these are far more essential to my layout than a Deltic.

Couldn't use the word throbber as I sorta think that applies to the 68 too!

Edited by TomScrut
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Ruairidh T said:

The year and a half since I ordered a rake has flown by! Not yet got my invoice for pack 1, I assume they're being sent out over time?

just the processing of invoices got impacted by Deltic landing. Normal service should resume Monday!

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
On 22/06/2022 at 22:12, TomScrut said:

Likewise on both counts. I have had the invoice for one of my sets and these are far more essential to my layout than a Deltic.

Couldn't use the word throbber as I sorta think that applies to the 68 too!

Yup,the TPE sets will be something else,probably the best sounding and looking train on the network now.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Not sure where best to put this (probably not this topic) but since there are a few of us needing 73/9's for our Mk5's I thought here as a first port of call.

Might be me being new to the hobby and not patient enough but KMS said they'd have something to announce back at model rail scotland on the future of the 73/9. Nothing happened and now starting to wonder if they'd dropped it since accurascale dropped it. Just seems a long time to wait from when they said they had news on it and then didn't announce anything (spoke in person and said there'd be something shortly). I asked through social media a couple of months ago to follow up and nothing. Very conscious they'll be people with mk5's landing soon and no certainty on traction options so may buy an alternative. E.g. a GBRF 66 instead of 2 73/9's though I know the 66 always runs with a 73/9 on fort william runs at least.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, E100 said:

Not sure where best to put this (probably not this topic) but since there are a few of us needing 73/9's for our Mk5's I thought here as a first port of call.

Might be me being new to the hobby and not patient enough but KMS said they'd have something to announce back at model rail scotland on the future of the 73/9. Nothing happened and now starting to wonder if they'd dropped it since accurascale dropped it. Just seems a long time to wait from when they said they had news on it and then didn't announce anything (spoke in person and said there'd be something shortly). I asked through social media a couple of months ago to follow up and nothing. Very conscious they'll be people with mk5's landing soon and no certainty on traction options so may buy an alternative. E.g. a GBRF 66 instead of 2 73/9's though I know the 66 always runs with a 73/9 on fort william runs at least.

Hi @E100,

Well, there is the forthcoming (and rather tasty if I do say so myself) Class 92: https://www.accurascale.com/collections/british-rail-class-92/products/92010

Cheers!

Fran 

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @E100,

Well, there is the forthcoming (and rather tasty if I do say so myself) Class 92: https://www.accurascale.com/collections/british-rail-class-92/products/92010

Cheers!

Fran 

To be fair I do have 92038 (for the roundels over 92010) on order but very much a rule 1. I am hugely  looking forward to it based on my deltic! My day to day needs to be a 73/9 (either by itself / x2 or with a 66) as there's no OLE.

What are people planning to use away from the wires for the CS Mk5's?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, E100 said:

To be fair I do have 92038 (for the roundels over 92010) on order but very much a rule 1. I am hugely  looking forward to it based on my deltic! My day to day needs to be a 73/9 (either by itself / x2 or with a 66) as there's no OLE.

I'm in the same situation, needing a diesel. As good as it looks I won't be purchasing a 92, as it just won't look right. In the interim, I will be using EWS/DB class 67/66 or class 37's from my existing fleet. I am also considering picking up a GBRF class 66 in the future.

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Iskra said:

I'm in the same situation, needing a diesel. As good as it looks I won't be purchasing a 92, as it just won't look right. In the interim, I will be using EWS/DB class 67/66 or class 37's from my existing fleet. I am also considering picking up a GBRF class 66 in the future.

How about a 92, and 37 to rescue / drag it ;) 

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, E100 said:

There was a possibility of the ex-Colas 67s 023/027, but it seems to have gone quiet on those.

• Like 1

Just now, newbryford said:

There was a possibility of the ex-Colas 67s 023/027, but it seems to have gone quiet on those.

TBH they'd be ideal wouldn't they? 

Are they being repainted or are they in the queue like some of the ex Colas 60s?

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, newbryford said:

I was wondering if they were intended to replace 37’s on test trains down here.

GBRF doesnt seem in a rush though, of the 5x class 69’s, one year later there is only 1 diagram daily out/ret for 5 of them.

Gbrf still has a few 73’s in store, and 73202 will on the market soon, i’d imagine 73235 wont be too much behind it if they wanted more for CS.

Though the Euro Sheds, get pressed straight into use.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, newbryford said:

I’d heard they were for the sleepers as I said I’d refresh them and put them back on my traction card when we got them but was told they were off to Scotland so no point  

• Informative/Useful 2

@Accurascale FranI noticed in the recent Dapol announcement of a 2nd run of their class 68's, that they are advertising magnetic couplings (not sure if they were included first time round as I haven't had chance to check) - is this in collaboration with yourselves (sorry if this is industrially sensitive) to link up with the Kinematic system you provide as an option?

8 hours ago, atom3624 said:

No magnetic couplings in the 1st run that I've ever received - I'd noticed the magnetic coupling reference as well!

Al.

Damn, just as I suspected. Might enforce a 2nd purchase. 

• RMweb Gold

All of the accurascale mk5 sets include magnetic scale couplers between all vehicles plus spare for your loco. Hope that helps. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Graham108 said:

@Accurascale FranI noticed in the recent Dapol announcement of a 2nd run of their class 68's, that they are advertising magnetic couplings (not sure if they were included first time round as I haven't had chance to check) - is this in collaboration with yourselves (sorry if this is industrially sensitive) to link up with the Kinematic system you provide as an option?

Hi @Graham108,

No collaboration, but as @McC states above we will have a magnetic coupling to swap onto a loco in the box. I've no idea what form the Dapol coupling takes. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1