Class 92, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

it now has a sound chip with a Lima pancake motor recording on it.

Brilliant!   Nostalgia for the past, but mine* has a genuine pancake motor  lol.

* Q kits with cut down Lima Deltic chassis.  Runs alonside my IRM examples.

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Bucoops said:

Wow, is that kind of like revenge for Grandma got run over by a reindeer?

That is one of the most atrocious, annoying songs ever created! 

Edited by Hilux5972

• RMweb Gold

There is an eBay seller “amandajane” (AJM Railways Limited) offering Accurascale Class 92’s in various liveries for sale right now.  this includes locos listed as “sold out” by Accurascale.

Same price as the Accurascale website and with free delivery - seems too good to be true…

Cheers

Darius

29 minutes ago, Darius43 said:

There is an eBay seller “amandajane” (AJM Railways Limited) offering Accurascale Class 92’s in various liveries for sale right now.  this includes locos listed as “sold out” by Accurascale.

Same price as the Accurascale website and with free delivery - seems too good to be true…

Cheers

Darius

Yes, and there is another - username adca-3942 - who when watching several as I have - have been offered a sound fitted 92 for #265 - i am contemplating a counter offer lol ... for 92042 - but agree it does sound to be too good to be true ... but the 1331 transactions aspect of their ebay history make it look reasonable. They also have examples of the sold out GBRf liveries, it's funny that the GBRf ones are the popular ones, isn't it ?

Note these are for pre-order ... not as in they have them already

Edited by Johnson Street IEMD

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, Darius43 said:

Cheers

Darius

Hi Darius,

Would seem rather hard to have them in stock now when they've yet to land in our warehouse out of customs. Hurry up HMRC!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, spamcan61 said:

As we understand AJM have reverted to sole trader status, but are a retailer of Accurascale in good standing. 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 4

I have a DCC ready version on order - can somebody say which Decoder should I order - obviously a non sound version

Thanks

Peter

[Sorry if this question has been asked before - difficult to find an answer in the thread.]

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Peter749 said:

I have a DCC ready version on order - can somebody say which Decoder should I order - obviously a non sound version

Thanks

Peter

[Sorry if this question has been asked before - difficult to find an answer in the thread.]

We recommend the ESU lokpilot v5. We hope to have some ‘ready to install’ in stock shortly if it helps but any good 6 function decoder (ideally with stay alive support) will work well. All Of the integrated circuits to manage the pantographs are built into the PCB on board so the decoder doesn’t have to do anything clever. 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1

On 30/11/2022 at 15:27, Johnson Street IEMD said:

Yes, and there is another - username adca-3942 - who when watching several as I have - have been offered a sound fitted 92 for #265 - i am contemplating a counter offer lol ... for 92042 - but agree it does sound to be too good to be true ... but the 1331 transactions aspect of their ebay history make it look reasonable. They also have examples of the sold out GBRf liveries, it's funny that the GBRf ones are the popular ones, isn't it ?

Note these are for pre-order ... not as in they have them already

Pretty sure this is Adam Cann of Cann's Models, Okehampton. I would advise steering well clear based on his "too good to be true" prices being exactly that when his website had a sale on a few months back.

I don't know if everyone got their money back but a couple of us resorted to talking to his family on Facebook.

Anyhow, hopefully this week is going to see 3 of these beauties landing on my doormat (92020, 92010 and 92017 from Kernow), for now (and likely always), the price is the price for these.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, TomScrut said:

I presume that is the ordinary one rather than the "MKL" version?

Pretty sure it needs to be the Lokpilot/Loksound “DCC” version not the MKL, the MKL is the European version which is multi protocol where as the DCC version is just DCC, which is used in most of the RoW, I think people have had issues with some of the lighting functions using the MKL.

Can AS confirm this pleased/

6 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Pretty sure it needs to be the Lokpilot/Loksound “DCC” version not the MKL,

MKL and DCC are two separate parts of the specification on these. You can get DCC and standard MKLs I believe.

MKL is just that outputs 5 and 6 (from memory) are high output rather than logic level.

DCC and standard, both are fine for what most of us in the UK need it's that the standard one works on AC stuff and some other protocols (as well as DCC and analogue DC). DCC and standard do however have different acceleration values, i.e. a different method for calculating time to tip speed.

I expect it will be non MKLs, I just remember the Hattons 66s needing MKLs. Only UK loco I know of that does.

Edited by TomScrut

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

MKL and DCC are two separate parts of the specification on these. You can get DCC and standard MKLs I believe.

MKL is just that outputs 5 and 6 (from memory) are high output rather than logic level.

DCC and standard, both are fine for what most of us in the UK need it's that the standard one works on AC stuff and some other protocols (as well as DCC and analogue DC). DCC and standard do however have different acceleration values, i.e. a different method for calculating time to tip speed.

I expect it will be non MKLs, I just remember the Hattons 66s needing MKLs. Only UK loco I know of that does.

No one is disputing that, but it’s not the answer to the question.

The MKL version no longer has the “three step” accel/deccel settings, you have to use a speed map rather than what the U.K. has been used to since DCC first raised its head. That’s the real annoying change to the ESU decision to market this version in the U.K., after all the Maerklin/selectrix/Motorola system are almost unheard of here.

41 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

The MKL version no longer has the “three step” accel/deccel settings

According to the LP5 manual, you are incorrect.l, hence why I said what I said. MKL is only to do with the outputs to work with certain Marklin locos, and is available in standard and DCC format. The standard Lokpilot (i.e. not DCC) doesn't have 3 point acceleration table, MKL or not.

Anyway. We have gone off topic. 

• RMweb Premium
Just now, TomScrut said:

According to the LP5 manual, you are incorrect.l, hence why I said what I said. MKL is only to do with the outputs to work with certain Marklin locos, and is available in standard and DCC format. The standard Lokpilot (i.e. not DCC) doesn't have 3 point acceleration table, MKL or not.

Anyway. We have gone off topic. 

Definitely the European multi-protocol version only has speed map tuning, I found this out last Christmas when I bought five V5 sound decoders and got in a right pickle trying to use three step speed set up.

I have no idea what the LP5 manual is, sorry.