Brian's 7mm Diesel Workbench, Belated up-date!

You might want to revisit the lamp irons Brian, they are offset on NBL machines.

Also, you are a member of the middle wicket dodgers club, the horizomtal handrail has a centre stanchion.

Mike.

Those bottom lamp brackets basically need to be swapped over I recon so will have a go at that later. I was thinking if I could solder a middle support in or not, will have a go next week as I am away now and Bristol Sunday.

Also note the seem under the headcode does not squeeze up fully so will try and sort that next week. This was a pre-production model so might be moulded a bit wonky in which case a bit of filler or something will have to go in there as I am sure it will show as it's yellow all over and not the join between two colours.

Edited by brian daniels

• RMweb Gold

You might want to revisit the lamp irons Brian, they are offset on NBL machines.

Also, you are a member of the middle wicket dodgers club, the horizomtal handrail has a centre stanchion.

Mike.

Ah - so that's what that means!!!!!

Think Mike has us as the founder members of that club Brian - welcome on board!

Phil

Edited by Phil Bullock

• 3 weeks later...

Warship is on hold for a bit until I get some rad fan etches from Pete Harvey to see if we can improve the top. So in the mean time I have doing a bit of C&W work.

At Bristol I bought this pipe load from Skytrex to go in my pipe wagon.

post-6766-0-50597500-1518191327.jpg

This M&M plate wagon had Slaters wheels in it that decided to shed it's tyres so I managed to get them out and replace them with Peartree ones. Am now trying to weather it a bit.

post-6766-0-39402300-1518191339.jpg

And have re-painted this ABS mineral from dark early grey to late light grey along with re-transfering it. Again trying to weather/rust it up a bit but I must admit this is not mu forte

post-6766-0-53647800-1518191348.jpg.

• Like 8

Whilst I am in the wagon mood I have dug out my Skytrex PCA's to finally add the etched walkways that I had done by Pete Harvey along time ago. Unfortunately I am one etch short, 5 out of 6 wagons done but it does leave one to show how it was originally. On wagon 10862 I got a set of M&M roller bearings to see if made much difference to the rolling of these. It does now roll away with a bit of wind behind it but these wagons are so heavy I am not sure it would make that much difference if I did all of them.

post-6766-0-40120000-1518191623.jpg

New etched walkway and grab handles on tank side.

post-6766-0-71489300-1518191633.jpg

post-6766-0-07826000-1518191645.jpg

I also picked out a few details on the solebars.

post-6766-0-56662300-1518191654.jpg

post-6766-0-87617400-1518191664.jpg

I also added some JLTRT airpipes to represent the two pipe system as built.

post-6766-0-68407200-1518191673_thumb.jpg

Changed the buffers aswell for Appleby ones.

post-6766-0-69933200-1518191687.jpg

So there we go after painting the new bits and blending in the weathering again they are ready to go.

post-6766-0-31848800-1518191695.jpg

post-6766-0-34572600-1518191705.jpg

Edited by brian daniels
  • Like 15

• 2 weeks later...

This is very sad news to hear it seems that JLTRT are going to be no more for all us modellers,kit bashers etc in 7mm.

I need some of their eth box equipment too!!! - not sure where to get all those bits from in future?

Such a shame - hopefully it can be resurrected in some way?

post-33936-0-74050700-1520372289_thumb.jpg

Yes getting there Pete but it's a bit repetitive doing those sides and ends but it does help that the tabs go into the slots perfectly!

Looking good!

I found it all went together well but you are right to identify the roof as the only tricky bit in this kit - I didn't quite succeed in avoiding a wavy edge as the attached photo shows.

• Like 6

Nearly done. I just added some EDM plastic bolts and washers to the corners seeing as Peter Warren has on his but I am in two minds whether to add the bolts on the vent runners as it's a very thin etch to try and drill through. Doors and body not fixed yet just in case I need to get into it as I am still not sure it's totally finished yet so I will just look at it for a while and see if I think off anything else to do.

post-6766-0-12284600-1520958615_thumb.jpg

post-6766-0-55653600-1520958698_thumb.jpg

post-6766-0-65296900-1520959241_thumb.jpg

Edited by brian daniels
  • Like 10

Nearly done. I just added some EDM plastic bolts and washers to the corners seeing as Peter Warren has on his but I am in two minds whether to add the bolts on the vent runners as it's a very thin etch to try and drill through. Doors and body not fixed yet just in case I need to get into it as I am still not sure it's totally finished yet so I will just look at it for a while and see if I think off anything else to do.

Door top runner covers. :good:

Looking good Brian.

Hi Brian,

The VIX looks very fine, I'm looking forward to seeing how you paint it - masking the red/grey was hell on the livery I chose!

You are right, I did use EDM 1/2" bolts, as they are so noticeable on photos of the real thing, although on the model they look a bit more prominent than I hoped. I added them to the door top runner covers too but I could not drill holes for these so they are bonded in place with adhesive.

If you are looking for extra work, I noticed after I had finished and painted mine that there was no representation of the wagon repair label clip(?) seen on the lower edge of the panel to the left of the door. These appear to have been omitted from this kit, a pity as PH includes very nice ones with his KFA kit.