Class 37, by Accurascale

49 minutes ago, nightstar.train said:

The only slight downside is for those that have ordered 92s, Mk5s and 37s. All these parcels arriving in a short span of time might raise questions with the domestic authorities. 

It’s a worry. 
My father in law said to my rose “I think Dirk may have about 10 engines.”  She responded “I think he has more than that.”

I said to my dearest  “yes I think I have more than 10. I should count them one day.”  Topic then changed to Amazon shopping for Christmas. I was safe!

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, gary_lner said:

That's a great achievement In shaving a couple of months off the schedule. Is this due to the night shifts that you requested the factory to work? I'm sure it's not an issue with all the work you guys have been doing but with night shifts quality of work can drop a bit, were extra checks put in place incase that was an issue at all? And are they also being shipped by air again?

Regards Gary

None of our factories work nights, and yes air freight. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 08/12/2022 at 08:57, 47423 said:

Will the Westie be easy to remove off 37409 as it didn`t have one for most of its time. Certainty not on the short set anyway.

All the decals will rub off with a little IPA and a cotton bud

Edited by McC
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

13 hours ago, McC said:

So much more :) 

TBH I don’t even look at the Hornby thread any more. For me modern image 00 means Accurascale, Revolution and Cavalex now.

With the occasional odd surprise from Bachmann/Kernow (I did get 37418 from the latter).

Long may it continue!

Edited by norfolkchinaclay
Edit
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, 47423 said:

Will the Westie be easy to remove off 37409 as it didn`t have one for most of its time. Certainty not on the short set anyway.

37409 will not have the Eastfield depot mascot, only 37402 will have that printed on the model

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, McC said:

37409 will not have the Eastfield depot mascot, only 37402 will have that printed on the model

So on https://www.accurascale.com/collections/class-37/products/37402 here it says 37409 never got the Westie but https://www.accurascale.com/collections/class-37/products/37409-lord-hinton shows otherwise. It might be worth making it clear that this is pre-production example on the webpage, especially for those who have pre-ordered based on this artwork / may be ordering a last minute example.

18 hours ago, nightstar.train said:

The only slight downside is for those that have ordered 92s, Mk5s and 37s. All these parcels arriving in a short span of time might raise questions with the domestic authorities. 

Accurascale should offer a paid locker service so we can have our 37s, 92s, mk5s and mk2s all in one box. 

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, norfolkchinaclay said:

TBH I don’t even look at the Hornby thread any more.

Well you maybe should as they do actually do some good things. My rolling stock collection (all of stuff on the network at the moment) would be far worse for having ignored Hornby. Just as it would be far worse for ignoring everyone else (except Heljan who do very little for present day).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, jools1959 said:

Can I ask in which batch 37402 will be in please?  After my disaster at Warley on the 27th (which @Accurascale Fran knows about), I’m having to shuffle pennies about to make sure I can pay for it.

Check out Accurascale’s blog for delivery dates:

https://www.accurascale.com/blogs/news/want-chips-with-that-class-37-update-october-2022

One thing Accurascale do very well is keep their customers up to date with project status and estimated delivery dates.

Cheers,

31B26ECA-064F-4170-A0EB-09B8203A6F0F.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, scumcat said:

To be honest with you I like the longer lead time. Has enabled me to buy more on the never never. I’m currently paying for a sound 89 over 6 months with two months left to pay I couldn’t possibly have afforded all that I am waiting for without this facility.

It is useful. I hope that if Accurascale announce a big unit type thingy that will run into many hundreds of pounds they can extend the instalments to 12 months to help afford it. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Chris56057 said:

All gone a bit quiet, I'm guessing because the 92 is stealing the show.. 👍

Hi @Chris56057,

We are still as per the last update, so take no news as good news!

1 hour ago, Lord Cooper said:

Just want to point out the ews 92 was out of this world . My main point/question is , is there a possibility of an ews class 37 in the future . I would not hesitate to buy a sound fitted one if this was the case . 

Hi @Lord Cooper,

We're delighted you like your 92 and we would certainly see an EWS tractor in our future. Is EWS hitting heritage "cool/nostalgic" status now I wonder?

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 7