Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Pete the Elaner said:

Have patience. They can't please everyone at once & they are producing a steady variation. Keep the savings steady & you may see 2 that you want announced together, then nothing more for a few months while your savings recover.

Exactly, they will come. Nothing on the second batch for me which is fine and I will just hope for some more that I want in the next batch. 

We just have to accept that the best models for a manufacturer are those with multiple liveries, but that can mean a wait for something that fits. 

Of course, when Accurascale launch a 40, that won’t be such as issue 🙂

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

But the point is, Accurascale have yet to announce any *Inverness* 37s, which had different embellishments, contrary to your post. So I can’t yet have an Inverness 37 to travel anywhere.

The West Highland Line was pretty solid Inverness locos. 

Roy

And I need ones from the 80s for a Kyle Line inspired layout build

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Pete the Elaner said:

They have already produced some Inverness locos & I am sure they will produce more .

Which ones ?

We’re all gagging for them!

No one *serious* has ever done the Highland 37/2’s, weve not had 37133 since Lima days, 37156 since vitrains.. ok Bachmann did 37025 and 114… both which grew wings and dissapeared from shelves.

The DRS 37/4’s are in their Grandfather days, not their Scottish youth.

1 hour ago, Roy Langridge said:

But the point is, Accurascale have yet to announce any *Inverness* 37s, which had different embellishments, contrary to your post. So I can’t yet have an Inverness 37 to travel anywhere.

The West Highland Line was pretty solid Inverness locos. 

Roy

Far north I assume you mean.

Bachmann didnt do a good job with Mainline livery on its 37/4’s…. One had a white band, the other had dark grey that was way too light.

The last accurate Mainline IS 37/4 we had was probably 37420 Scottish Hosteller from Vitrains… Bachmann got it ok with the recent 37401.. but I think their choice to do 37401 in Mainline was wrong myself.

Mainline livery was widely travelled too.. they migrated to the North West, Wales, Yorkshire and the Peaks in that guise… 

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

@McCa question re the pre TOPs locos if I may please… D6601/92 ordered regardless but more needed… 

The web site mentions D6600 is as built without the coupling reinforcement mod … but no mention of that on D6992/56 . Can’t see it on the artwork so is it omitted from those two as well? 

Many thanks in advance

Phil

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

@McCa question re the pre TOPs locos if I may please… D6601/92 ordered regardless but more needed… 

The web site mentions D6600 is as built without the coupling reinforcement mod … but no mention of that on D6992/56 . Can’t see it on the artwork so is it omitted from those two as well? 

Many thanks in advance

Phil

Hi Phil,

Missing on all three, hope that helps!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Pete the Elaner said:

A 37/4 with a Welsh name running around in the Highlands would be a bit of a surprise though.

37 411 ran in Scotland as Ty Hafan from April 1999 till March 2001 before name change to Scottish Railway Preservation Society.

37 428 ran in Scotland as David Lloyd George from May 1991 till June 1997 before name change to The Royal Scotsman.

37 430 ran in Scotland as Cwmbran from August 1992 till March 2000.

I recall seeing all of those on West Highland line operations during the 1990s.

Dates information from Class 37 loco group fleet histories database.

https://www.class37.co.uk/history.aspx

• Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

42 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Anyone smelling tractor clag yet,its the first week of April next week...............

A fragrance pour un homme or pour une femme ?

Edited by Chrisr40
  • Like 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Roy Langridge said:

Quite right, as @adb968008pointed out, I meant the Far North Line. My only defence is that since it changed to DMUs, I haven’t gone back!

Roy

The first 158 I ever saw was 158701 at Inverness back in 1989.

I took my daughter to the highlands for the first time in 2019.. first 158 she saw… yep 158701.

The only difference was back then it was in Provincial livery running to Glasgow, now its in Scotrail running to Wick.

ive a Scotrail blue 158 sitting on my pile to renumber.. Its an easy guess.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Bachmann did 37025

The only 025 model relevant to the BR era though was a Rails Ltd Edition wasn't it? The one they did a few years ago as a regional exclusive was as preserved. Unsure of the actual differences other than the logo is slightly smaller nowadays IIRC, (OHLE labels are perhaps different too?)

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

The only 025 model relevant to the BR era though was a Rails Ltd Edition wasn't it? The one they did a few years ago as a regional exclusive was as preserved. Unsure of the actual differences other than the logo is slightly smaller nowadays IIRC, (OHLE labels are perhaps different too?)

Yep, different OHLE flashes and an orange cantrail stripe on the “as preserved” version. 

Roy

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Will 37140 carry the RETB aerials on the noses? She gained the headlight for working across the East Suffolk line when it was converted to RETB working. We had 5 37s so fitted, 138, 140, 144, 216 and 219.

37140 2nd Aug 1986 Ipswich

Visible in the centre window is the RETB cab equipment, the grey box.

Although not the same loco this gives a really clear view of the equipment

37415 Cardiff Canton 01/02/1992

Andi

Edited by Dagworth
  • Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Roy Langridge said:

And how obvious the window frame recess is?

Roy

Indeed. There seems to be a degree of variance within the class, and also lighting will play its part. When you look at the latest pics of 37800 in ROG livery, it looks like they've been smoothed away with filler.

• RMweb Gold
On 31/03/2023 at 12:16, McC said:

Hi Phil,

Missing on all three, hope that helps!

Many thanks that looks right on D6992 … D6956 much more camera shy

• Like 1

On 31/03/2023 at 17:59, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Anyone smelling tractor clag yet,its the first week of April next week...............

I think that batch 2 has been announced, as a distraction for the inevitable froth. 

I went back to the October sound video the other day to listen.  Still undecided, wether it is too bass-ey or listening on phone that's the problem - if you listern to the start up ticking over, could be empty tin cans behind a car.  The thrash certainly sounds promising.  Will soon find out..... Certainly look the part, sound, hopeful! 

On the bright side, after these got the 31 to still use as a, ginnea pig before the all 'important' one!  Class 50!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
59 minutes ago, Torbay Express said:

That looks nice!  I take it that you have the Hattons wagons to accompany them! 

I’ve got 3 of the last ones they had in stock, plus some etched ICI letters for them.

EBB9D018-5B01-44CB-8216-23144C5868A5.jpeg

• Like 12

Well after harping on about Welsh centre headcode 37s on here for months, probably annoying the hell out of Fran,  I had bitten the bullet and preordered green D6600 anjd D6958 and blue D6992.  This increases my Accurascale loco fleet to five and I genuinely believe the company have a very reasonable price point set on all their locos. Why pay the RRP for a "red box" class 31 when the Accurascale product is cheaper but packed with more realism. 

The Chaldrons, NER 20T hoppers and the "Buckjumper" clearly display that Accurascale have no favours in terms of periods of modelling, and literally anything is now likely to be announced. I am still strictly transition era 1957-1975 but I have no doubts that they can literally chuck anything at us. I will therefore hint at an A44 Autocoach, a BR liveried LMS push pull motor train and an LNWR 1P 2-4-2 radial tank as wishes.  Fran.  Are you listening !!!  

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1