Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, E100 said:

Anyone had any luck remapping this to another function key? Think it was F26 off the top of my head that was free.

I would have thought being able to stop the thing was high on the list for a pleasant driving experience so why put it so high on the list,the lower function number surely make more sence for go and stop and put the play factor stuff higher numbers........

Edited by ERIC ALLTORQUE
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

I would have thought being able to stop the thing was high on the list for a pleasant driving experience so why put it so high on the list,the lower function number surely make more sence for go and stop and put the play factor stuff higer numbers........

I'll be honest I have to agree. I do prefer the Bachmann way of having that on the non-latching function for most recent releases. I do feel that lesser used functions should be on F29 and upwards as there is a very large proportion of control systems that don't go above F28. Why this couldn't be changed on most handsets fairly simply with a firmware update though I don't know.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, E100 said:

Anyone had any luck remapping this to another function key? Think it was F26 off the top of my head that was free.

Remapping is easy to facilitate.  I'd post CVs myself, but don't have access to a model yet.  Hopefully my Scottish 37 will be heading this way soon.

Steve

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Mike Buckner said:

https://www.accurascale.com/collections/class-37/products/37425-sir-robert-mcalpine-concrete-bob?variant=31441938088049

This page shows "Spirit of the Lakes" nameplate on one side for 37425.  ?              

Good news!

Updated production photos are now online for 37419,37423,37425

Edited by McC
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, E100 said:

I'll be honest I have to agree. I do prefer the Bachmann way of having that on the non-latching function for most recent releases. I do feel that lesser used functions should be on F29 and upwards as there is a very large proportion of control systems that don't go above F28. Why this couldn't be changed on most handsets fairly simply with a firmware update though I don't know.

I'm not sure if F29 should do what F2 does and visa versa. We already know that the spirax valves are missing and that the marker light function is not as per the function card, but I could be wrong. Anyway, for me it was a simple mod with the loksound programmer, makes changes to the decoder very easy. I've also added a parking function, so both red tail lights show at each end,

3 hours ago, McC said:

Thanks McC, just bagged Concrete Bob. I wasn't going to buy this one, but the quality of these new 37's has impressed me so much I decided to get this one as well. Pity there was no sound option on this occasion, but I can always get a decoder once they are available.

• Friendly/supportive 1

With reference to the EM gauge wheel-sets. Would it be possible to have a tutorial on fitting them please?
I have successfully re gauged mine by pushing the wheels out on the existing axles, and the wheels remain quite firmly on the axles. The bogies aren’t straightforward to dismantle though, as the keeper plate is plugged into the side frames at each end. Cavalex have done a video on fitting scale wheel-sets in preparation for the arrival of their 56’s, and I wondered if something similar may be possible for the AS 37’s. Otherwise, I can see some having difficulties. 
Many thanks guys for a brilliant job. Very pleased with my Sprit of the Lakes. 
Keith. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Didn't really want 419 but just managed to get the last one, its a bit modern but its nice to have all the same.

This is the first one for me from batch 1 as I have some ordered from the  later batches.

Just wanted to get my hands one to see are they as good as everyone are saying.

Regards Baz

2 hours ago, bazil31 said:

Didn't really want 419 but just managed to get the last one, its a bit modern but its nice to have all the same.

This is the first one for me from batch 1 as I have some ordered from the  later batches.

Just wanted to get my hands one to see are they as good as everyone are saying.

Regards Baz

And once you’ve had your fill you can flog it on eBay 🤣

• Funny 1

I’m patiently waiting for an email from Accurascale for the locos I want once the spare stock is released after I registered my expression of interest online as we were told to.  However, logging on now it seems they’ve been released and have pretty much all gone, or am I missing something?

• RMweb Gold

With all of this praise and U Tube recording of these wonderful models ...... it's just not fair on the rest of us who have to wait soooo patiently for our later deliveries to arrive. Nearly bought Spirit of the Lakes when I saw it came up on the site. But my layout would have to go through a time warp.

• Friendly/supportive 1

3 minutes ago, zr2498 said:

With all of this praise and U Tube recording of these wonderful models ...... it's just not fair on the rest of us who have to wait soooo patiently for our later deliveries to arrive. Nearly bought Spirit of the Lakes when I saw it came up on the site. But my layout would have to go through a time warp.

Hang in there matey. It'll make the wait worthwhile all the more. I have all three sound versions from the first release and can confirm that they are the dogs Danglies in terms of fidelity, sound and accuracy. You will be absolutely blown away. I have four on order from the second batch and cant wait 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

I’m patiently waiting for an email from Accurascale for the locos I want once the spare stock is released after I registered my expression of interest online as we were told to.  However, logging on now it seems they’ve been released and have pretty much all gone, or am I missing something?

I got one for Bob. I think they get sent in order of registering so there may be a delay for it to get to you if there are lots of people in front - and I believe they stop being sent when out of stock again.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, CoBoLoco said:

Turns out it is not just the head/tail lights, but also the cab light, drivers desk, engine room. 

Exactly like the real thing 

• Like 8
  • Agree 6

32 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

A quick look online shows them pretty much sold out at retailers, 37425 especially seems scarce.

37419 and 37423 still show a couple of places (Gaugemaster / Olivias).

Looks like Arcadia still have 425 (and 419). There’re closed on Tuesdays so the next chance is to phone at 9.30am on Wednesday.