Class 37, by Accurascale

11 minutes ago, PjKing1 said:

Wheels have arrived!  Can’t wait for the rest of the loco now 🤗

Paul

IMG_5972.jpeg

IMG_5973.jpeg

I have a parcel sat waiting with a neighbour containing decoder/speaker/crew and those wheelsets , just waiting on the email from TMC saying 37027 has been dispatched

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

I have a parcel sat waiting with a neighbour containing decoder/speaker/crew and those wheelsets , just waiting on the email from TMC saying 37027 has been dispatched

I’m waiting on D6702 so I think I’ll have a little longer to wait unfortunately 😢

Paul

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

Loch Eil arrived this morning

DSC07747.JPG.33d7f6108b90a21baa93df9b0666cfb6.JPG

Stunned by the quality of the packaging, literature and of course the 37.

Reduced the volume CV63 to 120 (from max of 192), which was plenty for the room size.

Love the brake function on F2 which operated on the ECoS via a lever. This is the wrong era for me but rule 1 applied in this case.

Waiting for D6700 and D6703. Thanks AC for this superb model!

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, zr2498 said:

Loch Eil arrived this morning

DSC07747.JPG.33d7f6108b90a21baa93df9b0666cfb6.JPG

Stunned by the quality of the packaging, literature and of course the 37.

Reduced the volume CV63 to 120 (from max of 192), which was plenty for the room size.

Love the brake function on F2 which operated on the ECoS via a lever. This is the wrong era for me but rule 1 applied in this case.

Waiting for D6700 and D6703. Thanks AC for this superb model!

That's just teasing! I'm praying mine arrives this week

• RMweb Gold

Oh yes - 37027 has arrived and it as good as everybody has said. Only been unboxed so far, and wow.

Test track will be out later and I will get to hear that sound first hand.

Now to look forward to the others I have on order - lost count, but I think it is 4 5 more.

Roy 

Edited by Roy Langridge
Edit: corrected number remaining.
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, young37215 said:

Postman delivered my Loch Eil earlier today. Loco is currently running in with initial impressions matching up to the reputation earned to date. 

A big box with lots of packaging 

IMG_5079.jpeg.14986993dc93d44598dd6f6f70f21598.jpeg

looking good 

IMG_5082.jpeg.bf7efd1522fc54004f1d1ef4a64fbbfc.jpeg

in it’s natural environment 

IMG_5084.jpeg.94b2c8b1199cf12b00ad419e0465d2c2.jpeg

Arguably one for the realistic modelling thread that!

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, PjKing1 said:

I’m waiting on D6702 so I think I’ll have a little longer to wait unfortunately 😢

Paul

D6704 from the same batch for me! 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 09/06/2023 at 15:19, AY Mod said:

A statement is fact. Your comment wasn't.

Is it?

Dictionary.com defines statement as "something that someone says or writes officially, or an action done to express an opinion".

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

My Loch Eil arrived today.  Came in huge cardboard box with loads of packaging - great for protecting it in transit, and I need a box that size for a item I need to post.   The actual loco box is very big, going to be hard to store, but again great for protecting the loco.  Intetesting leaflet about the loco and a driver’s story.  Yes, the 37 looks great, the nice surprise is just how heavy the loco is, should have lots of pulling power.

One query, in the box there was a card saying which way the switches in the loco should be set for an ESU decoder, other make of decoder …. as my loco is sound fitted I’m assuming I don’t have to do anything?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, ColinK said:

One query, in the box there was a card saying which way the switches in the loco should be set for an ESU decoder, other make of decoder …. as my loco is sound fitted I’m assuming I don’t have to do anything?

Absolutely the sound models are good to go out of the box 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Got all excited earlier when I got a dispatch email only to find it was the screw couplings I ordered a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully next few days and 37026 will be heading this way along with a couple of sound decoders. 37027 is on order with a retailer so possibly next week. 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Got home last night and immediately unboxed my 37051. Very happy with it so far but I only have around 3ft of track to try it on.

Even with that, it sounds very impressive. I very much liked the 'heavy' and 'light' options and how they change the way the loco drives. The brake and drive hold functions are also very good.

Very much looking forwards to taking it up to the club on Thursday where it will be able to streach it's wheels and get run in.

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

13 hours ago, billywhizz said:

Got all excited earlier when I got a dispatch email only to find it was the screw couplings I ordered a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully next few days and 37026 will be heading this way along with a couple of sound decoders. 37027 is on order with a retailer so possibly next week. 

I got home to a parcel with my decoder/speaker/crew + wheelsets , same here , loco on order with a retailer , hoping I'll see it sometime this week

• Like 3

1 hour ago, se97mlm said:

My 37051 arrived this morning; it's great! Am amazed how well the flange squeal sensors work - that's a great feature!

Here it is in a very short clip pulling away on my layout:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ctbfp57gOwA/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Kind Regards

Matt

Completely forgot about them! 😬

Really looking forwards to running mine on Thursday at the Club where there's more space to try it all out.

Something that's grown on me is the AWS test when you change direction. Just need to remember to make the Cab Door sounds 😅

• Like 2

Mine pair arrived yesterday just after I left for work at 13:15. When I got home last night the power had been knocked out by the storm but was fortunately up and running again before bedtime. This morning I collected my box from the neighbour and excitedly took my locos out of the box. After reading the manuals etc the first was tested on the layout. Oh My. What a lovely model and the sound is another level to anything already In the fleet. First loco went on the rolling road for a decent running in and the second loco went on the layout for evaluation. I just couldn’t stop myself grinning like a loon watching and listening to these beauties. Absolutely fantastic stuff Accurascale. These are the first items I have from you and they’re unbelievable.

• Like 7

What the hell is going on with all this positivity? I don’t know about you but I want to see comments like “this model is, objectively, the best RTR model I’ve ever seen, but as I’ve had to wait a couple of weeks longer for it to arrive than I was originally told,  I now hate it and have just given it to a tramp to sell for food…”.

Edited by aureol40012
  • Funny 16

1 minute ago, aureol40012 said:

What the hell is going on with all this positivity? I don’t know about you but I want to see comments like “this model is, objectively, the best RTR model I’ve ever seen, but as I’ve had to wait a couple of weeks longer for it to arrive than I was originally told,  I now hate it and have just given it to a tramp to sell for food…”.

Nope, all good things come to those who are patient and wait 😁

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2