Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, sulzer71 said:

I'm currently looking for blue Scottish ones that match the details and would rather not be attempting repaints though I may have to resort to that yet

Yeah, similar here for the Accurascale ones, though as my layout is a fictitious location near Crewe works any 37 will do. The ones with the detachable ends lend themselves better for being resprayed into plain blue livery. Plus I have 37140 on order from A/S.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Yeah, similar here for the Accurascale ones, though as my layout is a fictitious location near Crewe works any 37 will do. The ones with the detachable ends lend themselves better for being resprayed into plain blue livery. Plus I have 37140 on order from A/S.

The only issue with a repaint is the roof fan , as James Wells has pointed out the fan itself is trapped between the grille and some plastic webbing , I was looking at repainting one into Large Logo so it would need a grey roof ,I was contemplating what solution to use for this , only ideas that came into my head were , most drastic - cut the webbing at the edges and glue back in once the painting was done or apply maskol to the grille mesh then paint the mesh by hand once the maskol was removed 

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

The only issue with a repaint is the roof fan , as James Wells has pointed out the fan itself is trapped between the grille and some plastic webbing , I was looking at repainting one into Large Logo so it would need a grey roof ,I was contemplating what solution to use for this , only ideas that came into my head were , most drastic - cut the webbing at the edges and glue back in once the painting was done or apply maskol to the grille mesh then paint the mesh by hand once the maskol was removed 

I’d probably brush paint the fan mesh, though the blue ones will all be weathered so the area will most likely be black.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 97406 said:

I’d probably brush paint the fan mesh, though the blue ones will all be weathered so the area will most likely be black.

That was my thinking , the mesh is so fine it's highly unlikely you'd notice any brush marks anyway

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, black and decker boy said:

a rather nice surprise turned up today. I’ll open the box later as wife going out. 🥳

not sure I can stop the thrash waking no1 son back up though 🤔

Ponders idea of blue tooth headphones ....hmm

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, E100 said:

Could Accurascale confirm this? I presumed that they had all the same gumbins just non chip or large speaker.

All the 37's have the hall sensors installed as standard. The DCC sound version adds the Accurathrash large speaker and the ESU Loksound 5, otherwise the models are identical. Hope that helps!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, McC said:

All the 37's have the hall sensors installed as standard. The DCC sound version adds the Accurathrash large speaker and the ESU Loksound 5, otherwise the models are identical. Hope that helps!

So you get the full Montey less the sound, you have just invented the perfect marriage........:)

• Funny 7

1 hour ago, McC said:

Are they on the 37/4? I dont recall seeing a F key for it on my Concrete Bob.

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, meatloaf said:

Are they on the 37/4? I dont recall seeing a F key for it on my Concrete Bob.

Says F11 on the sheet on the manuals page, and it’s automatic with the sensor. 

IMG_0214.png?v=1681920625

Go to Home page, 

Right down the bottom ‘Support’

Then Support from the list

Click on the manuals icon (< or click that)

choose locomotives 

Choose 37

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On 22/06/2023 at 14:03, fortesejunction said:

I recently bought the Accurathrash Class 37 Loksound (Refurbished) DCC Decoder and fitted it into 37423 however I don't seem to get any wheel flange sound on F11 at all. Is there anything I can look at before sending it back? All other sounds seem to work as expected!

2 hours ago, McC said:

So technically @fortesejunction F11 should be working with a self-installed AS Loksound decoder?

Presumably as this function would not have been tested at the factory, there could be a hardware glitch that is only coming to light when DCC fitted.

19 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

So technically @fortesejunction F11 should be working with a self-installed AS Loksound decoder?

Presumably as this function would not have been tested at the factory, there could be a hardware glitch that is only coming to light when DCC fitted.

So basically then I'll have to buy another Acc 37 to test. What a shame! 😂

I can live without the flange squeal. Having a roundy roundy layout I can appreciate the sound of the thrash more.

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, McC said:

As always - greatly appreciated and not at all surprised by the answer!

On 22/06/2023 at 09:03, fortesejunction said:

I recently bought the Accurathrash Class 37 Loksound (Refurbished) DCC Decoder and fitted it into 37423 however I don't seem to get any wheel flange sound on F11 at all. Is there anything I can look at before sending it back? All other sounds seem to work as expected!

I apologise if this is a redundant suggestion but have you run this on the layout rather than just on a test track? Since the squeal is triggered by the bogie pivoting on a curve in relation to the hall sensor position due to the rotation could it be that the bogie hasn’t rotated enough?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 23/06/2023 at 11:23, sulzer71 said:

Cool , please post your progress here , my second one has just landed and I need to decide on what to do with it

Here you go. I used IPA applied to the printed detail I wanted to remove with a cotton bud, then I agitated it with a cocktail stick which dissolved the printed detail. It can take a few applications. Finally wiped off with a clean cotton bud dipped in IPA and piece of blue roll with a little IPA.

image.png.e78f406cfaa33fb83b6f9c3f6adb7087.png

The communication doors are lightly glued on and can be popped off easily from behind.

image.png.cec21758584f7b8203e6048277e3b3a9.png

Edited by 97406
  • Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 2

Was there ever an update for the refurbished 37 sound profiles regarding the cold starts? I remember the accurascale guys saying they were going to record one and if the recording was up-to standard they would update the chips to include it, but can’t remember seeing anything since. Just asking to know if I should buy a sound chip now ready for 37 402 or wait for the update, as I’d quite like to have cold starts available on it without the hassle of sending the chip back for updates etc.

• Like 1

My Loch Eil has been delivered and I'm absolutely delighted with it! I grew up in a house alongside the West Highland Line in that era so have very fond memories of it and the other Eastfield machines.

It's first task on the layout was on a sleeper service - ETHEL in tow (I need to get a sound chip for that). Excuse the wife cursing in the background - I don't think she appreciates the thrashing as much as I do!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, sulzer71 said:

Has anyone managed to figure out the CV's to increase the lighting brightness yet please? Both the car headlights and the markers , also , I'm wondering if there's a CV to adjust the length of the spirax valve run time?

You will no doubt be disappointed to hear the car headlight brightness is already set to it's highest value (31), so I'm guessing the LED output is being moderated by a high value resistor.  If you'd like to check use Index CVs CV31=16, CV32=0, then look at CVs 311 & 318.

To change the markers you need to set Index CVs CV31=16 & CV32=0, then CV262 & CV270 with a value between 0 & 31.  They are currently set at 5, so you have a lot of scope to increase these in brightness.

Steve

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 24/06/2023 at 20:18, 55020 said:

There's been mention of the AS sound fitted models not moving off until about speed step 8 when the sound is enabled, at least for the unrefurbished locos.  This behaviour is matched by the engine revs not increasing until step 8, which in itself isn't a huge issue but it does mean that it's not possible to start with a crawl.

I've been trying to find an easy solution, and the best I can come up with involves amending only one CV.  If you change CV124 = 0, then this behaviour is no longer a problem.  (Note, to undo the change simply return it to its original value: CV124 = 4)

On my model I've also been able to reduce the starting voltage, and therefore have a slower speed step one crawl speed. 

Simply amend CV2 = 2.  (Original value CV2 = 3)

I've made a very amatuerish video to demonstrate the difference.  Please excuse the 'dining table toy train loop', as I though I might need a roundy roundy for the demo.

Steve

Thanks for that Steve. 

My problem however is the acceleration speed. Having been so used to the V4 in the past it was easy to alter Cv5 and Cv6, it worked a treat. Not so with the V5. I have been advised to try the decoder in another loco or on the Lokprogrammer. Any ideas?