Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Premium

Quick q, on Loch Lomond DCC ready only, does the car headlight come on or just the plated over boxes few vids I've seen does not appear to inc Sams rave 'model perfection' review.  Thanks.

44 minutes ago, IOW O2 said:

Quick q, on Loch Lomond DCC ready only, does the car headlight come on or just the plated over boxes few vids I've seen does not appear to inc Sams rave 'model perfection' review.  Thanks.

I think mine did when i gave it a quick test before putting the decoder in

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, IOW O2 said:

It does but it’s quite dim, which is prototypical, and in direct light can be hard to see. Run it in a darker room without lights on and it’ll be visible. Personally I hate led lights that look like fusion is occurring on the front of a loco, most out of the box lights are way brighter than high intensity headlights let alone lamps from the 80’s and before. One of the first cv’s I change on most locos is to dim the lights so I was pleasantly surprised these were good out of the box. 

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, RBAGE said:

I don't wish to appear impatient but I'm sure the Acc web site suggests the original 37s (EE type 3s) are due in late August. The silence on this matter is becoming deafening.

Bob   

If there is a change, we'll tell you :) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

A bit off topic but I'm rather curious as to why Accurascale has made so many DRS locos. They obviously sell well but by my count they've made 8 locos in a version of DRS livery, not including the heritage repaints like 37419. Compared to 7 versions in BR blue/large logo (And I think one of those is a DRS loco in heritage livery) and only 4 in BR green. 

Maybe they've paid DRS a big licence fee and want to get their moneys wroth. 

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, nightstar.train said:

A bit off topic but I'm rather curious as to why Accurascale has made so many DRS locos. They obviously sell well but by my count they've made 8 locos in a version of DRS livery, not including the heritage repaints like 37419. Compared to 7 versions in BR blue/large logo (And I think one of those is a DRS loco in heritage livery) and only 4 in BR green. 

Maybe they've paid DRS a big licence fee and want to get their moneys wroth. 

Hi @nightstar.train,

When a cornerstone of the range is the 37/6, then it is always going to be DRS heavy when it comes to the models released. DRS do not charge big licencing fees in fairness, but have been great to work with for this initial range. They were again brilliant earlier this year for run 2 to include their heritage repaint 37 in batch 2 and our Class 66 of course, granting us full permissions once again. DRS is indeed very popular livery wise. 

But don't worry, the love will certainly be spread around the other liveries in future releases.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @nightstar.train,

When a cornerstone of the range is the 37/6, then it is always going to be DRS heavy when it comes to the models released. DRS do not charge big licencing fees in fairness, but have been great to work with for this initial range. They were again brilliant earlier this year for run 2 to include their heritage repaint 37 in batch 2 and our Class 66 of course, granting us full permissions once again. DRS is indeed very popular livery wise. 

But don't worry, the love will certainly be spread around the other liveries in future releases.

Cheers!

Fran 

*cough* get on with it! *cough*

image.png.4c6a2f40447c868302ef4f7db5e28781.png

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, RBAGE said:

I don't wish to appear impatient but I'm sure the Acc web site suggests the original 37s (EE type 3s) are due in late August. The silence on this matter is becoming deafening.

Bob   

Never fear...

Screenshot 2023-08-22 at 15.38.31.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 2

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @nightstar.train,

Cheers!

Fran 

Spread that love Bro, Germans need a little hug so you can get on with….

IMG_8987.webp

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I was so tempted to get a second 37043 to be given a black roof and renumbered, but I’ll stick with the 4 I already have and wait for some different variants to come along. This variant was particularly memorable and it ended up being outshopped from Crewe at around the same time that 37119/ 37350/D6700 was outshopped in GFYE.

From David Burrell’s Flickr page 

BR Class 37/0 37002 - Cewe Works

Edited by 97406
  • Like 3