RMweb

AY Mod for PM?

Phil Parker

10 minutes ago, Metr0Land said:

What's his position on 'scale OO track' and will he keep to his word after the election?

No politician ever keeps their word after an election.  However, at least this candidate would know what 00 track is, even if he doesn't share your position.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

There was a time when the MRLP were a joke. Now they seem one of the preferred  candidates.

That bloke lurking by the edge of the road looks a bit lost...…...

Ar$£

Well, people like the MRLP ARE a joke. After all what is the purpose of them standing for election - other than because they can and are entitled to do so.

Funnily enough, here in Victoria we had a lady voted in as the Sex Party (now called the Reason Party). She has done a brilliant job of getting some key legislation passed. 

I won't post a link because it's against forum rules, but some of her Bills have been passed with bipartisan support, with the major parties.

• Friendly/supportive 2

If Andy fails in his bid over there, he could always run over here in Oz.

No, wait: he's not allowed because of his British citizenship. A rather silly rule considering how many Australians have foreign ancestry (including me). :)

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, SRman said:

No, wait: he's not allowed because of his British citizenship. A rather silly rule considering how many Australians have foreign ancestry (including me). :)

But if he renounces his British citizenship and has Oz citizenship then he can become PM if he wishes (and carries enough knives), but not the POTUS. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

It is interesting in politics: as Hacker pointed out once in Yes Minister, it's not because of the opposition you have to watch your back, it's the ones on your own team behind you (paraphrased somewhat!).

:laugh_mini:

• Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, SRman said:

My ancestry can be traced back to those who came from England in 1840 -1850 ,  does that still make me a British citizen >??

If we think about it,  all of us have foreign ancestry, even those who came here thousands of years ago......

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
45 minutes ago, Sol said:

My ancestry can be traced back to those who came from England in 1840 -1850 ,  does that still make me a British citizen >??

If we think about it,  all of us have foreign ancestry, even those who came here thousands of years ago......

And those of us in Blighty are no different .... pass the Spam!

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, kevinlms said:

Well, people like the MRLP ARE a joke. After all what is the purpose of them standing for election - other than because they can and are entitled to do so.

A friend of mine is standing as a MRLP candidate and she certainly isn't a joke.  She is doing so because after a long time in local politics where the sitting MP* hasn't served well she wants to give people a chance to say they are prepared to vote but not for any of the 'usual parties'.

*Nadine Dorries aka'Mad nad' the only sitting MP to go into "I'm a celebrity get me out of here" when she should have been in parliament. Should have been de-selected but not enough party members bothered to turn up.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Graham_Muz said:

That photo by @Phil Parker must have been PhotoShoped to remove the fact that @AY Mod was stroking his cat...

It wasn't a white, fluffy Persian, was it?

Also, has anyone noticed Andy putting one of his little fingers ('pinkies') up to the corners of his mouth?  :jester:

Edited by SRman
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, Graham_Muz said:

That photo by @Phil Parker must have been PhotoShoped to remove the fact that @AY Mod was stroking his cat...

NOT Mrs Slocum again!!!...but Andy come over to Oz now!!.........We need help:wacko:

Disillusioned of Croydon.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

I wish to register a formal objection to the photo comparisons in post four of this thread. Boris Johnson is nothing like the well respected, gentle and intelligent orang utan (jungle person). A baboon however...

6 hours ago, Sol said:

...If we think about it,  all of us have foreign ancestry...

Yes, but only in the sense that we cannot pinpoint the origin location.

No, in that what lies behind this is a category error. We are one species, 'foreign-ness' is a purely human construct. Proof. Snatch a newborn from any location, and place in a far off country's culture and she or he will grow up 'foreign' to her or his natural parents. What that person will still be is human.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Which is no different to other species - some are very pleomorphic, The Edwardian taxonomical splitters named numerous species of brown trout for example but subsequently science has revealed their common genetics - but modified by habitat.

No doubt it is the same with the MRLP ... moulded by their environment.

• RMweb Gold

@AY Mod if you do stand, can I have a job!? :D ;) 

I am here for the many, not the few.

I believe that the whole country should have access to decent 00 gauge model railway layouts. Protest movements, or splinter groups, such as the 18.2mm, or 18.83mm lot, may feel annoyed by my remarks, however, I truly believe that to obtain a practical and functioning model railway, 16.5mm between the rails is just about right!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1