• RMweb Premium

Sushila and Caroline have reported in and are speeding up. Sushila is just past half way at 4220 metres and completing 19 metres per day. Caroline is at 3812 and has managed 22 metres per day over the last fortnight. 

Jamie

• Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium

A video  of a site somewhere in Warwickshire.  As far as I can tell from Google Earth it's in the gap between Kenilworth and Coventry just north of the A46. I think that you can see the work on the bridge under the A46 in the distance.  Despite not knowing exactly where it is it does show two quite long sections of completed trackbed in cuttings that are greening up nicely. 

Jamie

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
56 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

A video  of a site somewhere in Warwickshire.  As far as I can tell from Google Earth it's in the gap between Kenilworth and Coventry just north of the A46. I think that you can see the work on the bridge under the A46 in the distance.  Despite not knowing exactly where it is it does show two quite long sections of completed trackbed in cuttings that are greening up nicely. 

Exact location ?

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map?x=429500&y=274500&z=120&sv=cryfield+grange&st=3&tl=Map+of+Cryfield+Grange,+Warwickshire&searchp=ids&mapp=map

Adrian

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, figworthy said:

There wasn't much space to thread it through between the city and the town,.. Good work. By the surveyors. 

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208

2 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Despite not knowing exactly where it is it does show two quite long sections of completed trackbed in cuttings that are greening up nicely. 

Jamie

I hope that's not completed trackbed, it looks to need drainage installing or services will stop after every rain.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 28/02/2024 at 15:10, APOLLO said:

As I understand it, they are routed like that to avoid the steep gradient from Man Vic to Miles Platting.

They use the direct route through Victoria and the Atherton lines with the empties.

Regards,

John P

• Informative/Useful 3

10 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Isn't it bad luck to rename a TBM, like ships?

Ships quite often change name, as they change owner/flag state/different company in the same group.

• Agree 5

5 hours ago, jpendle said:

As I understand it, they are routed like that to avoid the steep gradient from Man Vic to Miles Platting.

They use the direct route through Victoria and the Atherton lines with the empties.

Regards,

John P

That also keeps them on "quieter" routes, where it can, or on slow lines

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Wendover this morningI  and the new road is all ready  for use and the exit into Wendover is ready as well opposite there is a enormously deep cutting emerging from the chalk the exit from this is starting become obvious . Will see next week how much further progress is maybe the new rd will be open ?

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

They seem to have fixed the problem on the Colne Valley viaduct.  This video shows that the front section of Dominique is now across the Grand Union Canal. 

It really is looking stunning  as it stretche's into the distance. 

Jamie

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

The algorithm on Youtube popped this one up.  I found it quite interesting as it actually showed precast viaduct segments being moved around. 

Jamie

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Various TBM's have phoned home in the last few days.  

Emily, which has just started northwards from OOC  has now done the first 70m of her 5500 metre journey. 

Mary Anne, in the Birmingham suburbs is now at 1844m head towards Brum

Cecilia is slowly getting to the end in the Chiltern, just 10m this week with 73 to do out of 16060.

There are five TBM's running at the moment, Two more getting ready and one about to finish. 

Jamie

• Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Premium

Another video just posted re the progress with the Burton Green, green tunnel.  Some real progress.  The old GCR(I think) bridge has been demolished and they  are well on with the tunnel at both sides of the temporary bridge. 

Jamie

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
36 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

Another video just posted re the progress with the Burton Green, green tunnel.  Some real progress.  The old GCR(I think) bridge has been demolished and they  are well on with the tunnel at both sides of the temporary bridge. 

Burton Green was on the LNWR (rather than GCR).

Adrian

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, figworthy said:

Burton Green was on the LNWR (rather than GCR).

Adrian

On the Kenilworth to Berkswell line, which was closed in 1969

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

A bit more tunnelling news.  Emily is getting g into her stride as she goes north from OOC.  Now at 149 meters

And up to 8.5  per day from 5 last week. 

Cecilia has now only got 39 metres to go to finish so expect a breakthrough soon. 

Sushila and Caroline are now both over half way through their drives towards  the Greenford area.  They need to be finished and lifted out before Emily and the other one get there as all four machines are going to  be taken out via the same shaft. 

Jamie

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, ess1uk said:

GWR have been running test trains into other London Termini in prep for the line being shut at Wormwood Scrubs

Interesting. The usual London Terminus for GWR when Paddington is inaccessible is Reading.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ess1uk said:

GWR have been running test trains into other London Termini in prep for the line being shut at Wormwood Scrubs

Which ones?

In fact, which ones have the spare capacity to do that?

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

Waterloo has certainly been used in the relatively recent past.   Belive that a bit of electrification up Acton bank is going to be done so that IET's  can terminate at Ealing Broadway then reverse at Acton.  It would also give a vital electrified. Ink to Euston. 

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 3