• RMweb Premium

And another one showing a section berween Burton Green and Balsall Common. At least in this stretch it's quite easy to see where the route is goi g to be. 

Jamie

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Heading into London last night, it looked as thought Dominique's London end was resting on the first pier after the canal span, so perhaps they've started moving it across for the next section.

Adrian

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium

HS2 Have just posted this video showing the completed arch over the Grand Union Canal. 

It does look rather graceful. 

Jamie

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1

14 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Nicholas Sunshine has just posted a long video showing OOC and the surrounding area. ……..

A few of points about that video.

He completely ignores, or doesn’t notice, the work going on to create the mainline side of the station.

Some initial foundations are already clearly evident.

He mentions the logistics tunnel, but appears to think it runs to the Victoria crossover box and not the Euston end of the OOC station box.

When looking down into the crossover box, he makes no mention that you can see tail end of TBM “Anne”.

Does he even realise it there?

There’s also no mention of TBM “Emily” when he notes the down tunnel portal, at the bottom of the adjacent ventilation shaft.

Also surprising that having spent time extensively covering Willesden, he doesn’t take a good look at Atlas Rd, where you can clearly see the logistics tunnel entrance.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Ron Ron Ron said:

A few of points about that video.

He completely ignores, or doesn’t notice, the work going on to create the mainline side of the station.

Some initial foundations are already clearly evident.

He mentions the logistics tunnel, but appears to think it runs to the Victoria crossover box and not the Euston end of the OOC station box.

When looking down into the crossover box, he makes no mention that you can see tail end of TBM “Anne”.

Does he even realise it there?

There’s also no mention of TBM “Emily” when he notes the down tunnel portal, at the bottom of the adjacent ventilation shaft.

Also surprising that having spent time extensively covering Willesden, he doesn’t take a good look at Atlas Rd, where you can clearly see the logistics tunnel entrance.

Yes I've pointed out several of those points to him such as the TBM's and the Logistics tunnel, in a comment on Youtube.  However hisvideography is of a higher quality than many. 

Jamie

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Another video from Karl Vaughan of the Waddesdon to Thame Valley Viaduct section.  Things are coming and there are even a few recognisable sections of trackbed. 

Jamie

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

And another showing progress on the Copthall tunnel

It does appear to be progressing well.  As it links up with the Colne Valley viaduct there is going to be a finished trackbed from Wendover to the south end of Copthall in a few months time.  I wonder if they will start fitti g out the track on this section that will be about 20km long. 

Jamie

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

46 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

....... I wonder if they will start fitti g out the track on this section that will be about 20km long. 

Track laying is a long way off, by all accounts.

They haven't signed any contracts yet for the supply of materials or the infrastructure and logistics.

• Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
On 31/03/2024 at 19:49, Ron Ron Ron said:

Track laying is a long way off, by all accounts.

They haven't signed any contracts yet for the supply of materials or the infrastructure and logistics.

I did read a report several months ago that the concrete slab track bases are being cast in a new factory at Merehead, maybe it hasn't been commissioned yet.  I suspect that rail will have to come in via Calvert and the plans for the depot and Infrastucture base have only just been approved. 

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Yes I've pointed out several of those points to him such as the TBM's and the Logistics tunnel, in a comment on Youtube.  However hisvideography is of a higher quality than many. 

Jamie

Probably due to those that are good at videoing aren't railway experts and railway experts aren't good at videoing🙂

I'm rubbish at both...........☹️

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

I did read a report several months ago that the concrete slab tracbasrs are being cast in a new factory at Merehead, maybe it hasn't been commissioned yet.  I suspect that rail will have to Co e in via Calvert and the plans for the depot and I frastucture base have only just been approved. 

Jamie

I'm sure there are those within Whitewall (plus certain political parties) who would love the opportunity to turn it into a pioneering self driving EV motorway instead.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

Just seen a topic on Nextdoor saying that a station  for Aylesbury  is being considered  on Hs2  cant see how this could happen    as  a  station will delay the overal timing anyone heard about this ?

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, lmsforever said:

Just seen a topic on Nextdoor saying that a station  for Aylesbury  is being considered  on Hs2  cant see how this could happen    as  a  station will delay the overal timing anyone heard about this ?

2024/04/01??

• Like 4
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

Simon has just posted a new video showing progress on the Colne Valley viaduct.  It is now over the canal and the center of the first of the Flying arches has been formed. It looks as if the first two of the arch sections have been placed.

Real progress. 

Jamie

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

And another showing the southern end of the viaduct. I think they have about 16 arches to go.  It also shows the north end of Copthall tunnel so e of which appears to ha e been covered over. 

Just one of the wall thought.  With all those long tunnels between Euston and Wendover I hope they have installed wifi cables in the tunnels or many of the passengers are going to need therapy after being deprived of wifi etc. 

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
56 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

With all those long tunnels between Euston and Wendover I hope they have I stalled wifi cables in the tunnels or many of the passengers are goi g to need therapy after bei g deprived of wifi etc.

The Tube network is currently having Wi-Fi installed, so I don't imagine HS2 will be without.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

In view of the apparent damage being caused by social media perhaps they shouldn't install cables.

Remember life before the internet and mobile phones?

But you remind me of my commuting days on Thameslink. Night after night commuters would join the train at Farringdon and KX and immediately phone home - to be cut off as soon as the train entered the tunnel after KX. And I am sure it was the same commuters each time but the never learned.

Jonathan  

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

7 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Just one of the wall thought.  With all those long tunnels between Euston and Wendover I hope they have installed wifi cables in the tunnels or many of the passengers are going to need therapy after being deprived of wifi etc

Jamie

There will no doubt be multiple leaky feeder cables installed for GSMR and ETCS use, emergency services radios, and probably for at least one mobile provider. There is probably already some in them for the TBM crews comms.

Edited by ess1uk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, corneliuslundie said:

In view of the apparent damage being caused by social media perhaps they shouldn't install cables.

But you remind me of my commuting days on Thameslink. Night after night commuters would join the train at Farringdon and KX and immediately phone home - to be cut off as soon as the train entered the tunnel after KX. And I am sure it was the same commuters each time but the never learned.

Jonathan  

I had the same experience leaving KX on ECML services with all the tunnels.  It was quite amusing to listen to. i was being a bit tounge in cheek.  The first thing my kids ask for when they come and visit is the wifi password. 

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, corneliuslundie said:

In most of the continental tunnels of Switzerland, Germany and Austria you have leaky feeder cables since more than 20 years. I agree that social media is not a must in the car, especially not for the driver (google maps excluded) but I feel pretty safe if I listen to the radio and the tunnel control centre can tell you over the radio channel if there are any incidents you should know about. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
On 07/04/2024 at 14:01, melmerby said:

The Tube network is currently having Wi-Fi installed, so I don't imagine HS2 will be without.

Belgium, Singapore, Hong Kong, Washington all had this nearly 3 decades ago.

Its strange to see why the UK likes to be so backwards and resistant to accept modern technology.

I remember 20 years ago the TV screen advertising that was flashing past outside the carriage windows in the tunnels of Hex and thinking the UK had finally come up with something cool in modern media… but it lasted what 6 months ?

Inside tunnel advertising using screens seemed quite a cool idea (and captive audience) to me.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Belgium, Singapore, Hong Kong, Washington all had this nearly 3 decades ago.

Its strange to see why the UK likes to be so backwards and resistant to accept modern technology.

I remember 20 years ago the TV screen advertising that was flashing past outside the carriage windows in the tunnels of Hex and thinking the UK had finally come up with something cool in modern media… but it lasted what 6 months ?

Inside tunnel advertising using screens seemed quite a cool idea (and captive audience) to me.

We don't like spending money on what we would call frills!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2