Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

More model ideas

Possibly suggested before, but a depressed-centre cement/dry powder PCA would be very welcome indeed, as the Hornby (ex Lima) one has many flaws.  Obviously there were quite a few variations and it would be impossible to cover them all, but overall they were built in very large numbers and operated over a very long timespan (1966 to 2022).  Many modellers would want unit trains, so they could be sold in quantity like the MGR hoppers.  Also there were some quite distinctive liveries as well as the ubiquitous plain grey to add a bit of variety.

Edited by 64F
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

As you may know, we like to step back from this thread and let the free flow of ideas come from you all. However, as part of a teasing interjection we will have an all new OO gauge announcement on Monday, so feel free to wildly speculate on what it might be over the bank holiday weekend.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 10
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

21 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

As you may know, we like to step back from this thread and let the free flow of ideas come from you all. However, as part of a teasing interjection we will have an all new OO gauge announcement on Monday, so feel free to wildly speculate on what it might be over the bank holiday weekend.

Cheers!

Fran 

Steam, diesel or electric Fran?

An Accurascale Stanier 8F would do nicely thank you !

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Black 5 Bear said:

Steam, diesel or electric Fran?

An Accurascale Stanier 8F would do nicely thank you !

I never said it was a locomotive, but then again I didn't say it was not a locomotive!

(I think I got away with that....) 😆

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

Wild speculation hmm?

Pic unrelated 😉

FB_IMG_1654252218721.jpg.9292c629b0ceb5e06d99692ab4c727f9.jpg

Joking aside, I'd like to see another steam entry in the form of an L&Y Aspinall A class or Barton-Wright class 25. The latter could also lead on to a class 23 and there just happens to be one of each mentioned classes preserved.

Cheers,

Edited by 60800
Added the class 23
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

I never said it was a locomotive, but then again I didn't say it was not a locomotive!

(I think I got away with that....) 😆

So does that mean it’s a 50/50 chance of being a class 50?😂😂😂

• Like 4
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers!

Fran 

An 00 laser scanned Queen, joining your scanning session recently being the real reason she missed an engagement?

Roy

• Funny 5

A little bit left field due to a certain manufacturer having always had a monopoly on the class, but; 

An A4 Pacific. 

The Hornby model has plenty of accuracy and detail shortcomings, especially around the front end and specifically the cylinders.

Given that manufacturer's recent colossal price hikes and a number of variants that have not been done for at least a decade, I reckon Accurascale could be on to a winner. Imagine this for a first run;

Silver Link in *as built* condition with straight handrails, recessed front coupling and faired in tender

Silver Fox in single chimney, early crest BR green as per the Elizabethan 

Mallard in British Railways Garter Blue as E22

Sir Nigel and Bittern in LNER Garter blue with no valances as running in the 1960's

4489 as Woodcock in photo grey / apple green

Union of South Africa in full coronation fitment 

Kingfisher in final condition 

All the above (and many more) have never been done by Hornby (and only two were done by Bachmann). Coronation livery has never been done properly. The modern fitments on the preserved locos and things like like the brake pipes running down the left hand running board and brake cylinders under the leading driver etc have never been done. The valve gear has never been done accurately and we've never had cylinders or bufferbeam streamlining that correctly cuts under (which I know is not achievable in RTR for valanced locos without having alternate bits to swap out).

It's an open goal for Accurascale if you ask me. 

255695769_PXL_20220421_164049618.NIGHT2.jpg.ce8476d611fa4b5a496a57a20d941274.jpg

Cheers,

Edited by 60800
Clarification added
  • Like 2
  • Agree 5

1 hour ago, 60800 said:

A little bit left field due to a certain manufacturer having always had a monopoly on the class, but; 

An A4 Pacific. 

The Hornby model has plenty of accuracy and detail shortcomings, especially around the front end and specifically the cylinders.

Given that manufacturer's recent colossal price hikes and a number of variants that have not been done for at least a decade, I reckon Accurascale could be on to a winner. Imagine this for a first run;

Silver Link in *as built* condition with straight handrails, recessed front coupling and faired in tender

Sir Nigel and Bittern in LNER Garter blue with no valances as running in the 1960's

All the above (and many more) have never been done by Hornby (and only two were done by Bachmann). Coronation livery has never been done properly. The modern fitments on the preserved locos and things like like the brake pipes running down the left hand running board and brake cylinders under the leading driver etc have never been done. The valve gear has never been done accurately and we've never had cylinders or bufferbeam streamlining that correctly cuts under (which I know is not achievable in RTR for valanced locos without having alternate bits to swap out).

255695769_PXL_20220421_164049618.NIGHT2.jpg.ce8476d611fa4b5a496a57a20d941274.jpg

Cheers,

If you're right my wallet will be across the border inside of the hour!

Failing that I want exactly one thing

spacer.png

Edited by scots region
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, 60800 said:

An A4 Pacific. 

Cheers,

I wouldn't waste my time and effort as it's obvious that Hornby will be doing a new one seeing as they've just done the A1/A3.

Just more unnecessary duplication when there are hundreds of locomotive classes that have never been made RTR and many of them don't even have a "modern" kit version either.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

I wouldn't waste my time and effort as it's obvious that Hornby will be doing a new one seeing as they've just done the A1/A3.

Just more unnecessary duplication when there are hundreds of locomotive classes that have never been made RTR and many of them don't even have a "modern" kit version either.

Jason

I wish you were right, but the A1/3 has only been upgraded with flickering firebox and a new running board casting (as the old moulding was completely worn out) - The streamlined nose W1 has less detail than the old A4 and the same lower shape issues, so even if Hornby did do a new A4 it would be no better in any of the fields I have mentioned and would easily be £40-£50 more than any Accurascale offering - just look at the projected prices for the new P2 or second run W1 for example and you'll see why I think this is a good idea.

Cheers,

• Like 1

On 23/05/2022 at 23:02, Steamport Southport said:

spacer.png

I don't know why, possibly my medication, but when I read the announcement of an announcement on Monday the HTV "theme toon" came into my head

"Wibble wibble wibble wibble wibble wibble, Wibble wibble wibble wibble wibble wibble, Ta da!"

(Younger viewers may need to go to YouTube to get that)

To be fair, I always look forward to Accurascale's announcements.  Mk2c anyone? 

• Like 3

Official announcement of the MK2C? If so, can I have the London Underground owned SO (ex FO) 6411 in both of its LU liveries?

At Steam on the District 1990:

Steam on the Met 1994 (coupled between 20227 and a 4TC)

Edited by Paul.Uni
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, wombatofludham said:

I don't know why, possibly my medication, but when I read the announcement of an announcement on Monday the HTV "theme toon" came into my head

"Wibble wibble wibble wibble wibble wibble, Wibble wibble wibble wibble wibble wibble, Ta da!"

(Younger viewers may need to go to YouTube to get that)

To be fair, I always look forward to Accurascale's announcements.  Mk2c anyone? 

Thank you - I had completely forgotten that and needed it back in my head.  If you increase the dose, do you think you can retrieve any more lost gems?

Meanwhile I guess track pins, because Fran didn't say it wasn't. Blue track pins of course.