More model ideas

40 minutes ago, reddragon said:

Imagine heritage railway rakes! ...

The majority of heritage railway vehicles are little different from out-of-the-box standard coaches already available from the trade - though you might have to bite that ever-so-hard bullet and commit to renumbering ..... other coaches modified with wheelchair lifts or whatever are generally unique and would only have a tiny market in rtr model terms - but they could be produced from standard products with a little proper modelling !

• Like 1

A new tooled MK1 range of the gangway type providing some form of accessible variants would be interesting (if feasible), and given the longevity of the MK1s, you have to tool up a wide range anyway, personally I would be happy to see Accurascale produce MK1s as it's rather difficult to acquire SKs, SOs, etc as mentioned previously, not to mention would go well with practically the entire Accurascale range.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, Wickham Green too said:

Rather depends whether you consider moulded-on door & grab handles to be shabby, I suppose ??!? ( no hurry as far as I'm concerned - unless I have a sudden urge to change my modelling period )

TBH, I'm more concerned with the appearance of detail than how it's achieved.

John

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, BVMR21 said:

A new tooled MK1 range of the gangway type providing some form of accessible variants would be interesting (if feasible), and given the longevity of the MK1s, you have to tool up a wide range anyway, personally I would be happy to see Accurascale produce MK1s as it's rather difficult to acquire SKs, SOs, etc as mentioned previously, not to mention would go well with practically the entire Accurascale range.

I am goig to Comet for future ones looking at teh poor RTR availablitly

I can't be bothered to wade through 193 pages of this stuff, so I don't know whether or not it's already been suggested and I don't know if anyone from Accurascale even reads this , as it isn't a thread started by them, but please can we have a BR 21-ton hopper? There's nothing produced, except the Parkside kit. I'm no stranger to building kits but I can't get one of those damned things to stay square, run true, and stay on the tracks well.

I'd buy a dozen of them and happily take a hammer to my Parkside ones!

Edited by Ruston
  • Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1

2 hours ago, Ruston said:

I can't be bothered to wade through 193 pages of this stuff, so I don't know whether or not it's already been suggested and I don't know if anyone from Accurascale even reads this , as it isn't a thread started by them, but please can we have a BR 21-ton hopper? There's nothing produced, except the Parkside kit. I'm no stranger to building kits but I can't get one of those damned things to stay square, run true, and stay on the tracks well.

I’m almost certain it’s been mentioned , and it seems a popular idea 

• Like 2

I've made my thoughts on locomotive stock clear before here and elsewhere- I'm personally in favour of seeing a Gresley K2 or a Raven B16/1 in terms of locomotives; but having been thinking some more, and also in something of an aggressive mood today, maybe it's also time to fire a shot across Hornby's bows, and produce accurate, nay, prototypical LNER teak-bodied coaches.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Ruston said:

Accurascale are the people. It puts me in mind of whole trains of about twenty wagons individually numbered and detailed, which is where Accurascale started.

3 hours ago, BVMR21 said:

Mind you, Accurascale will be needing a beefy industrial to shunt these wagons at the Collieries... A 16" cylinder Hudswell Clarke 0-6-0T comes to mind...

Couldn't agree more. 😉

• Funny 1

7 hours ago, BVMR21 said:

Mind you, Accurascale will be needing a beefy industrial to shunt these wagons at the Collieries... A 16" cylinder Bagnall 0-6-0ST comes to mind...

or a Lambton Tank,  that is plenty of beef!

I'd like a NER T3 or Q7,  need something North Eastern to pull those Consett Hoppers!

There seems to be an interest in GWR steam locomotives, when not looking at the many 'industrial' tank engines.  How about a County 4-6-0?  It would be nice to see a high-quality model of this.

I've previously mentioned an interest in:

ex LMS 8F 2-8-0.   True, Hornby have re-introduced their quite reasonable model, but ....

ex LMS Jubilee - many variants.   Bachmann's is nice, but old now, and the really interesting variants are of the even older tooling.

ex LMS Parallel Royal Scot.   Bachmann's is old now.  This would be a superb addition for the enthusiast.

OK, I'm an early member of the 'please bring out an Accurascale BR Class 40' - still waiting ... !!

Other diesels could be the West Country based hydraulics - 35 Hymek, 42/43 Warship and 52 Western.  All 3 of these have a disproportionately large following.  Accurascale variants could be pretty interesting!!

Al.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Tbh I think I’d rather see resources used on new models that have either not ever been produced in RTR form, or at least not to current standards.  The Hawksworth County (and the Churchward 4-4-0) and parallel-boiler Royal Scot fall in to the second category, to which I would add the 2721, 81xx large prairie, and R1.

Never produced low-hangers might include the 3150 large prairie, Metro, 517, 2021, Austin 7, B16, and any number of South Wales and Scottish pre-grouping prototypes. 

The Stanier 8F is a very frequent player in this sort of wishlisting, and a very large class with a wide geographical spread and a common sight right up to the end of steam.  There is clearly a reservoir of demand for a new tooling but I am not aware of any particular deficiency with the current Hornby model.  No model of this loco has ever captured the character of the prototype as well as the Hornby Dublo, but surely nobody these days would want such a crude tooling; cab full of motor, flangeless drivers, no brakes, stamped motion, lumpen cast detail, boiler skirts….

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

Tbh I think I’d rather see resources used on new models that have either not ever been produced in RTR form, or at least not to current standards.  The Hawksworth County (and the Churchward 4-4-0) and parallel-boiler Royal Scot fall in to the second category, to which I would add the 2721, 81xx large prairie, and R1.

Never produced low-hangers might include the 3150 large prairie, Metro, 517, 2021, Austin 7, B16, and any number of South Wales and Scottish pre-grouping prototypes. 

The Stanier 8F is a very frequent player in this sort of wishlisting, and a very large class with a wide geographical spread and a common sight right up to the end of steam.  There is clearly a reservoir of demand for a new tooling but I am not aware of any particular deficiency with the current Hornby model.  No model of this loco has ever captured the character of the prototype as well as the Hornby Dublo, but surely nobody these days would want such a crude tooling; cab full of motor, flangeless drivers, no brakes, stamped motion, lumpen cast detail, boiler skirts….

Actually, once you strip the 2mm of paint off them, Dublo 8Fs are quite refined!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Going to be a bit of a hot take, but considering Accurascale went to Bressingham for GER 87, I kinda want RTR models of the other locos there.

I'd love to see one of LTSR's Thundersley as IIRC there hasn't been that many ready-to-run atlantic tanks at all outside of the Adams Radials made by Oxford and Hornby.

Edited by RailwayModeller927
Completely forgot that Hornby and Oxford Rail did Adams Radials
  • Like 1
  • Round of applause 1