Planet Industrials - Kerr Stuart Victory RTR in OO...

James Hilton

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Craigw said:

Well, they cannot be too far off now.

Yes, in assembly Stephen said so just the vagaries of shipping to contend with next 😉 

Paid the balance on mine too. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Started to panic this morning as I couldn't get the payment sequence going and website wouldn't prompt for forgotten password.

Had a bit more time this afternoon and realised I'd done the pre-order without opening an account (D'oh).

Set one up, paid the balance. Quick and easy. Panic over....Apologies to L.R.S for asking the silly question!

My plain black one will get finished as BR but as it won't have the cab to match 30948, I'll look for a plausible number that BR didn't use.....

John   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dunsignalling said:

Started to panic this morning as I couldn't get the payment sequence going and website wouldn't prompt for forgotten password.

Had a bit more time this afternoon and realised I'd done the pre-order without opening an account (D'oh).

Set one up, paid the balance. Quick and easy. Panic over....Apologies to L.R.S for asking the silly question!

My plain black one will get finished as BR but as it won't have the cab to match 30948, I'll look for a plausible number that BR didn't use.....

John   

It’s a bit of a coincidence but I did exactly the same - including “the silly question” ! After reading the above post it’s all sorted and balance paid. Thank you Dunsignalling for getting me out of a tizz.

PL.

I've ordered the green one and, thanks to livery information from PI, I have a matching green YE 'Janus' waiting for it to join my industrial 'fleet'.

I had a rattle can of the same RAL green paint made up, and the resprayed 'Janus' looks very smart indeed.

'HERCULES' plates have been fixed to the Janus, and 'VULCAN' plates await the 'Victory'.

CJI.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
On 03/08/2022 at 10:36, BVMR21 said:

Hopefully a newsletter isn’t too far away to give a full update. 

We're working on a full newsletter update, but the headline is that assembly is due to conclude soon and then we "just" need to get them to the UK. Fortunately our shipping agent is also a customer so hopefully this will go as smoothly as you can hope in the current climate.

On 03/08/2022 at 17:09, Dunsignalling said:

Glad to hear you got there! My hope was that the "self service" settlement process would be less admin than manually raising an invoice for everyone and so it has proved so far.

On 05/08/2022 at 14:44, JSpencer said:

I was wondering if there was any update about EKR transfers?

Not particularly a meaningful update, but we still intend to do them and they should be on sale from the time the loco is delivered.

5 hours ago, Wickham Green too said:

..... or possible cab roof extension kit ?

James has had one of the prototypes in bits recently working out how best to do this and the Lambton cab so watch this space...

If anyone has paid a deposit for a pre-order and NOT received an email this week explaining what to do next please either check your spam folder, or get in touch at info@planetindustrials.co.uk and we can sort you out.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Informative/Useful 2

Happily paid for my green example the other day, after upgrading to the sound version and looking forward to it arriving in due course. I'll be getting some nameplates eventually, but can't decide which style to go for! 

Some light weathering for an industrial 'pet' locomotive is in order to methinks!

Cheers

J

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, scots region said:

@James Hilton Will the Rails exclusive be arriving the same time as the main range?

They will arrive with us first, and then once we’ve checked them we will forward them to Rails, so they may be a week or so behind by the time all that happens, but we want to make sure everything is right with them so the wait, I hope, will be worth it.

• Like 3

Also got my balance request email, went to the website to pay it, then contacted Planet Industrials to remind them (as requested) of my "double deposit" (due to changing my order) and they manually corrected the balance invoice within the hour so I could duly pay my balance.

Only mentioning this here as a further example of the excellent customer service I have received from the Planet Industrials team since first ordering a (singular) model from them. If the care they put into looking after their customers is only fractionally present in their actual models, we can still be assured of a first rate model!

Certain other, larger providers of model trains should take careful note!

Steve S

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

With the first run of the Victory nearly here, will there be things like a weathering tutorial or example video that may be published on YouTube (similar to that done on the 21 ton wagons)?

I will say it’s satisfying to watch the wheels and rods turn on the loco in the videos currently available.

Did you know that our email subscribers hear all the news first?

We've a Victory update (amongst other things) later this week, so if you want to be at the 'front of the train' then visit our website, and enter your email address in the box (it's towards the bottom of the home page).

www.planetindustrials.co.uk

• Like 3

Not much longer to wait, then. 👍 I’ve been doing my best to remain patient. I’m doubly eager because I’ve paid in full and don’t have to worry about where the money is coming from. Mine are sound fitted. I’ll know soon enough if they will arrive at the same time as the dumb ones.

Not quite as close as I had hoped. Still, good progress and the pictures look attractive. The idea of having a crew fitted appeals to me. One less job to do which allows me to do something else. I hope they would be painted. I’m not convinced by colour 3D printing, especially in the more open cab of a steamer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, No Decorum said:

The idea of having a crew fitted appeals to me. One less job to do which allows me to do something else. I hope they would be painted. I’m not convinced by colour 3D printing, especially in the more open cab of a steamer.

I’m working with Alan at Modelu on this, there will be an additional email in the coming weeks detailing more on ‘customisation’ options.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

Exciting stuff really.
Might have to purchase another Victory from a future run at this rate!

Wondering what the likelihood of ending up with a Blue Victory is, and how popular the whole generic livery thing is in general as it might be something for others to look at if it’s been a success?

The liveries do look a tad better on the photos from this morning in that the colours don’t look as ‘in your face’ as the photos of the deco samples (scary to think those first pictures were just over a year ago).

Will be good to potentially see an NCB liveried/lettered example maybe to go with the 2nd batch of the Genesis coaches being produced by Hattons maybe? Goes well with the theme that’s why I mention it.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

15 hours ago, BVMR21 said:

Wondering what the likelihood of ending up with a Blue Victory is, and how popular the whole generic livery thing is in general as it might be something for others to look at if it’s been a success?

Now if a blue version with lining (as per PLA) was announced, I’d be first with my pre-order payment!

Steve S

• Agree 1

On 08/09/2022 at 07:37, SteveyDee68 said:

blue version with lining (as per PLA)

Now that would be nice; would be good with black and white lining similar to that used on the Hudswell Clarke now at Blaenavon, which also has red rods (can’t remember the exact term) 

• Like 1