Planet Industrials - Kerr Stuart Victory RTR in OO...

James Hilton

On 11/09/2022 at 08:36, BVMR21 said:

Now that would be nice; would be good with black and white lining similar to that used on the Hudswell Clarke now at Blaenavon, which also has red rods (can’t remember the exact term) 

I’ve had a rough quote for a custom respray into that livery … let’s just say that I’m going to hold off to see if it (or something similar) gets announced as a “standard run” first, as paying for the one off would make that loco the most expensive in my collection (and that includes my full Hornby Brighton Belle EMU, or even both my Bulleid diesels combined!)

Fingers crossed!!

Steve S

Edited by SteveyDee68

Fingers crossed indeed, I’m hoping to have the Victory I’ve got on order running at the MRC open days next year as it’ll probably be quite interesting to have running, having had the layout open today it does seem that having a slightly larger industrial wouldn’t go amiss. 
As the Victory is about the size of a 57xx it just works in general for running a 4 or 5 coach train or a 6 wagon 21t mineral set.

I wonder how easy it’ll be to DCC fit the Victory but I’m sure it won’t be too difficult to get body off etc.

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, BVMR21 said:

I wonder how easy it’ll be to DCC fit the Victory but I’m sure it won’t be too difficult to get body off etc.

Two screws underneath, detach some pipework, body lifts straight off. Next18 socket. You'll be done in minutes.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/09/2022 at 21:14, Wickham Green too said:

I wonder how easy it’ll be to fit the Victory with vacuum brakes for running that 4 or 5 coach train. 🙄

Should be fairly easy I would’ve thought, and should look good with 4 or 5 coaches, equally it should look good with 9 to 12 21 ton mineral wagons. Going to have to purchase some lamps for mine I think, make it a class B or something.

• RMweb Premium

We made it! Slightly less than two years after announcing our Victory project, I'm delighted to report that the models have left the factory and are now on their way to the UK. It's a been a long and "interesting" journey realising our first RTR project during a pandemic, and we've learned a lot for the future. 

Production samples were shipped in advance and have just been delivered today (typically on a day when I'm working in London so I won't get to look at them until later) but these will be on display along with new kits from PI range on the Light Railway Stores stand at the Uckfield MRC show on the 15th/16th October - and then of course the whole shebang at Warley.

Looking forward to getting your models out to you!

IMG_6617.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Just now, cornelius said:

We made it! Slightly less than two years after announcing our Victory project, I'm delighted to report that the models have left the factory and are now on their way to the UK. It's a been a long and "interesting" journey realising our first RTR project during a pandemic, and we've learned a lot for the future. 

Production samples were shipped in advance and have just been delivered today (typically on a day when I'm working in London so I won't get to look at them until later) but these will be on display along with new kits from PI range on the Light Railway Stores stand at the Uckfield MRC show on the 15th/16th October - and then of course the whole shebang at Warley.

Looking forward to getting your models out to you!

IMG_6617.jpg

Absolutely ghostly, I was looking here not more than 5 minutes ago wondering if there was an update!

I can't wait to get my hands on mine!

• Moderators

OMWB right now.

Phone snap.jpg

The best quality running chassis/motor/gearbox I've come across in a small RTR steam loco. Before any running in the smoothness and strength is superb!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

10 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

OMWB right now.

IMG_20221007_094615~2.jpg

The best quality running chassis/motor/gearbox I've come across in a small RTR steam loco. Before any running in the smoothness and strength is superb!

Now that is NICE !!! 😯

CJI.

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Ah great, I can breathe out now :D

• Funny 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, cornelius said:

Ah great, I can breathe out now :D

If anyone needs a small industrial that can handle 14 Mk1 coaches without a problem this is the beastie. 😎

PI Victory 1.jpg

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

11 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

If anyone needs a small industrial that can handle 14 Mk1 coaches without a problem this is the beastie. 😎

PI Victory 1.jpg

...... or, presumably, huge numbers of loaded mineral wagons in a colliery yard - or some such!

CJI.

• Moderators
Just now, cctransuk said:

or, presumably, huge numbers of loaded mineral wagons in a colliery yard

Certainly so; it's just that Bachy Mk1 coaches are the SI unit of measurement of performance down in the office.

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

How easy do you think it would be to remove the wheels etc and substitute P4 ones, please?

I've not had the keeper plate off to dig around yet but maybe @cornelius can advise before I get chance to look next week.

I'm sure I've seen a photo of one in Radnorshire anyway. 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

If anyone else has a large box of Mk1s (or equivalent) that need hauling, all liveries are still available to order in DC/DCC ready flavour via Light Railway Stores or Rails of Sheffield

https://www.lightrailwaystores.co.uk/collections/victory-variants

https://railsofsheffield.com/collections/planet-industrials

Production samples will also be on display with LRS at the Uckfield MRC show next weekend and hopefully Rails will have their ROD exclusive edition at GETS this weekend as well.

• Friendly/supportive 1

5 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Wouldn’t surprise me with the B&MTJR, would’ve thought it more likely Breconshire would have one mind, but the areas are rather small so would’ve crossed fairly easily. However B&MJTR did run down through Bargoed so who knows.

• RMweb Gold
On 07/10/2022 at 10:34, AY Mod said:

You may well have been looking at the very blurred and faded photo that is reputed to have appeared in the Illustrated Monthly Gricethusiast in October 1964.

The photo is said to have been credited to the Rev. Cornelius Tooth of Titley Priory, who was to become such an advocate of the introduction of Bulleid air-smoothed pacifics on the Kington lines the following year, in an abortive bid to persuade British Railways to keep the line open for local goods services.

What is beyond doubt is the fact that Wilberforce Cuthbertson, the District Manager of the NCB's Coalpit Heath office did once try to offer the 'Victory' class then stationed at Frog Lane Colliery to the chairman of the Association of Independent Light Railways in lieu of a gambling debt. As far as anyone knows, the transfer of the loco did not take place and the unfortunate Wilberforce was in any case subsequently sacked from his position, due to a regrettable misunderstanding involving a couple of bananas and the office inflatable parrot.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3

• Moderators
On 07/10/2022 at 10:28, Captain Kernow said:

How easy do you think it would be to remove the wheels etc and substitute P4 ones, please?

Possible I'd say - but tight behind the slide bracket.

IMG_20221010_093511.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Thanks Andy - are those 1/8" axles or something else, I wonder?

They’re 3mm, I think Steve answered this previously during development but it was along time ago so it was worth asking again. Hope that helps!

• Informative/Useful 1