Planet Industrials - Kerr Stuart Victory RTR in OO...

James Hilton

Mine's on its way by Royal Mail  -  where the Track and Trace is currently saying "An update will only be provided when we attempt to deliver your item" ....... which is pretty well useless : effectively "we'll try and deliver it when we want and if you're not in - tough" ! 

Maybe it means "We'll update the situation when we know our plans" - but that's not how it reads !

Well, it still said "An update will only be provided when we attempt to deliver your item" a few minutes before postie attempted to deliver .... successfully !

[ As an update for anyone who's still interested - I then got an e-mail to tell me that I'd just received the parcel that I already knew that I'd just received ................... whereas for today's ( not railway related ) parcel ) they e-mailed to tell me it had been delivered to my neighbour - which it hadn't ! ]

Edited by Wickham Green too
delivery attempt update update
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

I played for a show over half term, and got a fee that would have covered a further two examples of this wonderful looking model…

Curses!! 🤬 Funds already spent renewing my road tax on 1 Nov!!

Damn all these necessities that impede my ability to avail myself of more mini choo choos!

In other news, I think we all know which model is certainly going to be on the shortlist for “best model of the year” when it comes to the next round of awards!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

PI-001-D Lined maroon

Equally at home in an industrial or light railway setting, the maroon livery is inspired by 'Francis', the Victory that was previously IW&D 12 and ran in a similar colour scheme at Manchester Collieries. This is the only loco in our run to feature red coupling and connecting rods, which gives an attractive feature below the footplate.

Available NOW for £130 from Light Railway Stores and Rails of Sheffield.

https://www.lightrailwaystores.co.uk/products/pi-001-d

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/planet-industrials-pi-001-d-kerr-stuart-victory-0-6-0t-locomotive-in-lined-maroon

Engines-10-22-7980.jpg

Engines-10-22-7981.jpg

Engines-10-22-8007.jpg

Engines-10-22-8011.jpg

Engines-10-22-8012.jpg

Engines-10-22-8047.jpg

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, cornelius said:

PI-001-D Lined maroon

Equally at home in an industrial or light railway setting, the maroon livery is inspired by 'Francis', the Victory that was previously IW&D 12 and ran in a similar colour scheme at Manchester Collieries. This is the only loco in our run to feature red coupling and connecting rods, which gives an attractive feature below the footplate.

Available NOW for £130 from Light Railway Stores and Rails of Sheffield.

https://www.lightrailwaystores.co.uk/products/pi-001-d

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/planet-industrials-pi-001-d-kerr-stuart-victory-0-6-0t-locomotive-in-lined-maroon

Engines-10-22-7980.jpg

Engines-10-22-7981.jpg

Engines-10-22-8007.jpg

Engines-10-22-8011.jpg

Engines-10-22-8012.jpg

Engines-10-22-8047.jpg

I ordered this and the grey version. Grey because it was the original livery and red because I liked it. Then I found out that both are the same locomotive. Problem: how do I number them for DCC? After a bit of digging around (which I wouldn’t dignify with the term research) the solution popped up. 12 will be 12 and Francis will be 3068 from the builder’s number 3068/1917. I’ll print the number in white on black paper and stick it under the chassis somewhere for ease of reference. This I usually do when dealing with industrials with no prominent number.

James, I hope you’re busy painting crews so that when the decoders arrive 3068 × 2 can be sent out with the minimum of delay! 🙂 Lovely looking machine.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Pi say . . .
7C79A1D7-2CD9-4BA7-93ED-3A50EB00C043.jpeg.e28504ad671fc421ad3b82f05ddaba90.jpeg

I was curious so I got out the test track and tried it. 

It appears to be quite happy down to 12 inch radius as seen here, it didn’t like 8” radius though 😆

4F5F529F-2EEE-4D3F-9787-A86F54612D65.jpeg.27f18a22aac4ccd6b33bb7d362245a8f.jpeg

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1

14 hours ago, cornelius said:

PI-001-D Lined maroon

What a gorgeous livery! I am so very pleased with myself for changing my pre-order from plain black to this absolute beauty!

Of course, as I will leave the house at 12 noon tomorrow and not return until late Sunday afternoon, mine is bound to arrive in the afternoon post, to sit there, lonely, in the porch* … and I’ll know because my mother will have text me to say that a parcel has arrived for me!!

HOURS OF ANTICIPATION!

* Recovering from a hip operation, she won’t be able to pick it up to bring it inside, so I’ll be worrying all weekend that my Victory doesn’t get nicked!! 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Recovering from a hip operation, she won’t be able to pick it up to bring it inside, so I’ll be worrying all weekend that my Victory doesn’t get nicked!! 

I think you need to get her a lasso to drop over it and drag it inside, c’mon get that modellers creative brain solving the problem. 

Gromit, fire up the mobile post receiving trolley!

7D6219F9-2A9A-44BC-9834-EFC9C991AACD.jpeg.460b8b3fe71f0bf046df18a7a8ad903c.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Finally in this week's tour of our Victory model's livery choices

PI-001-E Black ROD 608

While the Victory class was initially ordered for the Inland Waterways & Docks department, they were swiftly reallocated to the Railway Operating Department and renumbered ROD 601 - 610. Livery was likely to be plain black, certainly shown in photos of 608 which is our subject here. After the war the loco was used in colliery service and eventually scrapped by the NCB in 1964.

This model is exclusive to our friends at Rails of Sheffield, and available NOW in limited quantities for £130

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/planet-industrials-pi-001-e-kerr-stuart-victory-0-6-0t-locomotive-in-black-rod-no-608

Engines-10-22-7983.jpg

Engines-10-22-7987.jpg

Engines-10-22-7997.jpg

Engines-10-22-8023.jpg

Engines-10-22-8024.jpg

Engines-10-22-8042.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Arrived back home last night after a few days away. Found a rather lonely box resting against the post box.......

Just opened my plain black job. Lovely. A couple of loose lamp irons but nothing a spot of glue won't solve. Happy to report that one's Victory is  a rather imposing chap with pretty good slow running straight from the box. 

Piccies will follow. 

Top stuff. 

Rob. 

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, cornelius said:

First one I've seen personalised by a customer I think, nice logo too!

Thanks - it has a certain 'no nonsense' ruggedness, I think. (It deliberately doesn't specify WHICH minerals, so that the locos are at home on a variety of mineral and heavy industrial rakes)!

John Isherwood.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

(It deliberately doesn't specify WHICH minerals, so that the locos are at home on a variety of mineral and heavy industrial rakes)!

John Isherwood.

By the same token, the ICI logo could be used for a variety of chemical products. 

Oh hang on, they did produce an enormous variety of chemical products!

• Like 1

Currently sat on a coach making its way northward towards Preston along the M61 (thinking maybe a boat would have been a better form of transport, given the surface water we are splashing through!!) and what should appear in my email inbox than notification that my Victory has shipped!

Oh joy! Oh rapture!

Should it arrive tomorrow, I’ll have to wait another day before unwrapping it!

I knew it would come when I was away on a residential weekend with work! 

HOURS OF FUN! 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Currently sat on a coach making its way northward towards Preston along the M61 (thinking maybe a boat would have been a better form of transport, given the surface water we are splashing through!!) and what should appear in my email inbox than notification that my Victory has shipped!

I hope it was the Inland Waterways & Docks version then !

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

Well that's rather splendid!

Now vac and steam heat fitted, as Loftshire is nominally a Heritage railway, and it'll get chance to work passenger trains occasionally. On test it managed 7 Mark 1's comfortably, though this won't be a regular occurance.

IMG_8012 (3).jpg

IMG_8014 (2).jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

There is a bit of a buzz in the NCB engine men's mess room at Frog Lane Colliery (Coalpit Heath) this morning, as the foreman had heard the Assistant Under Manager remark to his secretary that he was expecting their 0-6-0T 'Mayshill' to be returned imminently from a major overhaul at Hunslets.

The engine crews were disgruntled at having had  to make do with the pit's other loco, the small and less powerful 0-4-0ST 'Thunderbolt' or a hired-in ex-L&Y pug from Barrow Road shed.

• Like 5