Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Best layout name puns

I was talking to someone the other day about the way in which some modellers name their layouts with a pun such as im sure i have seen a layout called 'sodham hall'. However, my mind then went blank and i couldnt actually remember any others. So basically what names do you know of/have you seen around? And can you think of any new good ones?

The club where Eridge now resides once had narrow gauge layouts called Vale of Kinall and the Beane & Whent Light Railway. Clive Walton-Evans has a tiny P4 layout called N'Ywear.

Mustn't forget Gorre & Daphetid of course.

• RMweb Premium

In the garden railway arena I always grin at the station names on the Beer Heights Light Railway. Much Natter and Upsan Down.

If we didn't know better would we in a million years get away with modelling places called Penistone, Scunthorpe or Clitheroe? Reality is as strange as invention sometimes.

I have personally a layout in Melbourne, Australia with stations named Long Hampton and Far Kew.

I few others I can recall reading about are Stackton Tressels, Upsan Downs and one where the station names were all Spoonerisms.

There is an American layout called Collier Bluff. Obviously built by a poker player.

There is a layout in New Zealand named after the fictional town Waikikamukau (say it out loud).

Cheers

David

Archived