Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

1 hour ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Great.And I’ve been banging the drum on a Hawksworth County for nearly a decade.But it appears that the inevitable is disappearing into the infinite.And so the world turns and another birthday slips by . 

If you go have a look at Rapido's 15xx video, at the end you will find a hint about them doing the County...

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

15 hours ago, JSpencer said:

Well, it seems like it will be a snow announcement at the SVR this weekend. Other than the manors being so  close that you can almost.... touch them!

what is a snow announcement?

Any update on the manors?

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Neal Ball said:

Still no photos from the SVR… surely someone took photos?

Problem is that the SVR Steam Gala was only 3 weeks ago.It was well attended .I know because I went myself. So perhaps  to expect enthusiasts to go there again using the SVR rail access could be a big ask for people considering the attendant cost.The Engine House isn’t that easy to access by  road and parking is probably difficult anyway. It is in any case the Coronation weekend and folk may have made other arrangements. 

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
48 minutes ago, chrisjwarnes said:

Realistically what differences would we expect from the decorated sample to the finished product?

Well, typically there might be refinements to application, fit and finish, and a decorated sample is not always based on the latest tooling adjustments, as the factory might use older components from the Engineering samples. 

Edited by Islesy
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, rprodgers said:

Just decorated samples, not the finished articles.

DEFED744-2BA1-4A5A-9231-1F53AB488A93.jpeg

01D79046-56CF-4AAE-9DB9-2F085D833EFC.jpeg

Plenty rivets to count on the models in view,looks like they are extracting them out the molds ok to have the detail mentioned far back in the tread.Looks fantastic and another benchmark model to contend for honours.We have a lot to thank you guys for,well done.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

I have been told there is definitely one but as it involves correcting a single small part lots of people might notice it.

mm, would that be the brake valve which is in an application position, neither running to the far left or fully applied to the right. 

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Blandford1969 said:

mm, would that be the brake valve which is in an application position, neither running to the far left or fully applied to the right. 

But that would presumably be ok if the accuramanor driver has his hand on it…

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
On 05/05/2023 at 10:42, The Stationmaster said:

A pannier would be a super option for Accurascale because with the careful tooling arrangements they are obviously capable of it's a model that would keep on giving for years with several relatively straightforward variants - 57XX and 8750 as a starting point then either of those with or without a top feed then add the non-vacuum fitted varieties of both, plus those with snap head rivetted side tanks, and throw in various minor changes as well, and finally the livery variations plus the mucky ones carrying 'GWR' on the side tanks very late in their BR lives.  

If Accurascale did the 57xx Pannier, I hope they would do the LT version with the modified cabs.  It would go nicely with the Rapido LT ex Met Class E 4-4-0 I've got on order.

Edited by jools1959
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 09/05/2023 at 11:31, The Stationmaster said:

No - the reverser handle

Admittedly it looks like you its long enough to bash the cab side and not go round. 

What is odd is that they believe the brake is in the running position (which of course if it were a combined brake it would be, but its the valve with separate air and steam valves)  

Edited by Blandford1969
not added for clarity
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

But that would presumably be ok if the accuramanor driver has his hand on it…

Its a funny thing a bit like valve gear, on all engines its in mid gear.  I suppose it sticks out to me as the air valve spends so little time in that applying position during any turn with that type of valve. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

I have a question for Accurascale and forgive me if it has been dealt with before. 

Will the tender of the Manor be available as a separate item, please?

No immediate plans to do so.. would there be demand?

Manor-Tender.png

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

14 minutes ago, McC said:

No immediate plans to do so.. would there be demand?

Potentially. I'm looking to do a tender switcheroo between 7800 and 7812 and then renumber 7800 to 7823 to get the right loco/tender combination for my time period

I guess it's an awkward one really as do you sell underframes and tanks separately or a ready to swap full tender.

I for one am happy to wait for subsequent runs for locos I'm after, though with 2x late crest locos in the first run with different tenders the task is a little easier already 

Is this an excuse instead to start wishlisting for batch 2?