Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

Over 2 pages now devoted to people's desire to have identical crews to everyone else? 

That indicates that all the identical Manors will have very experienced crews 😁 Great result !

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, HExpressD said:

Injection moulded figures a-la the Hornby 9F/A3 are often much better than attempts at 3D printing. 

At risk of taking this slightly too seriously, I think the various different crew options rather highlight people's different and i rather think totally independent priorities. I personally use Modelu which are, by definition, correct proportionally. Other swear by those ones where the individual eyes are painted on but somehow manage to overlook the double size heads.

And this detail / proportions thing crops up time and again when debating models. Half will be saying the fundamental shape is totally wrong, and the other half will be saying the 1mm waste water outlet half way down the far side is the wrong shape. Each group seems utterly unmoved by the other issue but can't live with the bit they see.

• Like 2
  • Agree 8
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Fredo said:

Hi, are the Manors now expected to arrive in Q3 this year. Thanks Fred

Are you making a statement or asking a question?

Edited by Harlequin

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Harlequin said:

Still scheduled for Q2 on the A/S project tracker: https://www.accurascale.com/pages/project-status

A month ago they told us that there had been a small delay due to a problem with the sound and that they expected arrival into stock by the end of June. Fingers crossed that it's all going to plan!

The project tracker also tells us that another eight projects are in production at the moment - so I’m still expecting it to arrive in Q3 at the same time as KMRC’s Steam Railmotor! 

Edited by Limpley Stoker
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Limpley Stoker said:

The project tracker also tells us that another eight projects are in production at the moment - so I’m still expecting it to arrive in Q3 at the same time as KMRC’s Steam Railmotor! 

Lots of factory capacity (7 different facilities now) helps us work towards a post-pandemic post shortages level of predictable dates. As always if anything changes we’ll be forthright and clear in communications. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, melmerby said:

Has anybody got any other ModelU figures?

If so what are they like?

I have many and they are crisply printed with intricate detail and take paint easily, even without primer for the later (non-red) resins.

I'm a very happy customer.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, melmerby said:

Has anybody got any other ModelU figures?

If so what are they like?

I've used them in 7mm but all my photos on here have disappeared. The quality is excellent, some of the poses are rather "wooden" and dont look right but that's down to the "actor"! They have a website with photos on.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

I've used them in 7mm but all my photos on here have disappeared. The quality is excellent, some of the poses are rather "wooden" and dont look right but that's down to the "actor"! They have a website with photos on.

I guess this is down to how long the person can hold the pose for, whilst being scanned.

Edited by rprodgers
Spelling
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, HExpressD said:

Injection moulded figures a-la the Hornby 9F/A3 are often much better than attempts at 3D printing. 

So pay the money and make the tools for the injection moulding machine. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

So pay the money and make the tools for the injection moulding machine. 

Injection moulding requires tooling, then the figures have to be cleaned, then hand painted. They will never look as realistic as these full colour 3D printed versions, PLUS, you get the bonus of buying a fully Made in the UK product, supporting UK manufacturing and jobs! Yay!

• Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Nothing worse than a big headed driver or fireman.....unless Modelu scanned the guys off Stingray or Thunderbirds by mistake.

No good as footplate crew…. Too highly strung! 

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 7

12 minutes ago, Quarryscapes said:

Colour 3D printing is a long way behind resin 3D printing, The same crew printed in the normaal Modelu materials will be far superior (But you'll need to paint the colour yourself). 

This is my problem as well. The unpainted ModelU figures are brilliant having bought various ones for locos and also shed staff, plus all the other accessories.

If these weren't the colour prints I would be all over them. Have the A/S team ever considered producing unpainted figures for those of us that want to personalise them a bit more/have reservations over the colour print quality?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, SteamingWales said:

This is my problem as well. The unpainted ModelU figures are brilliant having bought various ones for locos and also shed staff, plus all the other accessories.

If these weren't the colour prints I would be all over them. Have the A/S team ever considered producing unpainted figures for those of us that want to personalise them a bit more/have reservations over the colour print quality?

You can also paint the 3D prints - they take paint excellently.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

All this on the figures and models produced just proves we are all different and have differing skills and talents.The guys are just trying there best to give something acceptable,perfection comes at a price many would not want to pay,If your a budding Vincent get the pallet out and use what they supply as a canvas,blue and grey was it not.

• Like 2
  • Agree 7

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, McC said:

You can also paint the 3D prints - they take paint excellently.

The problem with footplate crew uniform clothing is that somebody's correct colour for it is not somebody else's correct colour.  The jean jackets and bib&brace trousers  in particular very quickly lost their colour if they were washed in the graditional way while at  - in the bucket with some washing soda and a dose of hot water from the pep pipe.  In fact it was treatment some used purposely to make their clothing look 'well used!'

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

The problem with footplate crew uniform clothing is that somebody's correct colour for it is not somebody else's correct colour.  The jean jackets and bib&brace trousers  in particular very quickly lost their colour if they were washed in the graditional way while at  - in the bucket with some washing soda and a dose of hot water from the pep pipe.  In fact it was treatment some used purposely to make their clothing look 'well used!'

Sitting in the bath with your new jeans on to shrink them and wash them out kind of style Mike,happy memories.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2