Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

35 minutes ago, jamieb said:

Well,I've received one of the first production samples today and I have to say that despite all the hype,to my eyes the detail looks a bit on the 'clunky' sideimages.jpeg.ccfbe9aedc24246c6e0e75bfa4d7600a.jpeg 

It's your camera, it's resolution is too poor.  Try it in HD....

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold

Having read the above requiem for the Bachmann/Mainline model,I decided to root mine out of the loft just to see how it would run. It’s,I think,a hybrid Bachmann etc. body & tender on a chassis of unknown pedigree. After a good wheel clean,I set it to work.Its track holding quality was initially temperamental but eventually it decided to cooperate and now hauls a train of an Accurascale Siphon and five Hornby Colletts comfortably. Years back it was an eBay purchase. It even has a crew. 7805 but the etched nameplates are sadly lost. A nice surprise to enhance to growing sense of anticipation I think.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, jamieb said:

Well,I've received one of the first production samples today and I have to say that despite all the hype,to my eyes the detail looks a bit on the 'clunky' sideimages.jpeg.ccfbe9aedc24246c6e0e75bfa4d7600a.jpeg 

No shirtbutton livery option???

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, Harry220 said:

Has anyone else been on Flightradar all week looking for an aircraft with an Accurascale callsign carrying a delivery of Manors to the UK? 😂 

It'll be incognito to stop it being hi-jacked by a rival manufacturer.😉

• Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Harry220 said:

Has anyone else been on Flightradar all week looking for an aircraft with an Accurascale callsign carrying a delivery of Manors to the UK? 😂 

Hmm.... there are four airports in China with direct flights to LHR.

1. Beijing Capital airport (PEK)
  2. Shanghai Pudong (PVG)
  3. Guangzhou (CAN)
  4. Beijing Daxing Int'l (PKX)

Clearly I have no idea where they are in relation to the factory Accurascale are using...

However, there is currently a China Southern airlines flight on its way to LHR - due to land at 18:31 local time. Flight number CZ303 its a Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner.

There are also three flights in the air from Shanghai - due to land in the next hour: British Airways; China Eastern and Virgin Atlantic.

I guess we will just have to wait.

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, Neal Ball said:

2. Shanghai Pudong (PVG)
  3. Guangzhou (CAN)

Clearly I have no idea where they are in relation to the factory Accurascale are using...

However, there is currently a China Southern airlines flight on its way to LHR - due to land at 18:31 local time. Flight number CZ303 its a Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner.

There are also three flights in the air from Shanghai - due to land in the next hour: British Airways; China Eastern and Virgin Atlantic.

Pete Waterman has already got his.😉

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, Harry220 said:

Flight AS7800 from Shenzhen to Birmingham intl 

followed by 

Flight AS7801 from Shenzhen to Birmingham intl 

followed by 

Flight AS7802 from Shenzhen to Birmingham intl 

followed by 

Flight AS7803 from Shenzhen to Birmingham intl 

followed by 

Flight AS7804 from Shenzhen to Birmingham intl 

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 3
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, melmerby said:

Does that include carriers such as DHL?

It should do yes, I checked the airports on Google and the flights on Flightradar24 were DHL etc. would usually show up.

Of course it might not be a direct flight.... The permutations are huge!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Neal Ball said:

2. Shanghai Pudong (PVG)
  3. Guangzhou (CAN)

To those you can add:-

Qingdao (TAO)

Changsha (CSX)

Chongqing (CKG)

Shenzhen (SZX)

and of course Hong Kong.  These are just today's flights, tomorrow we have Chengdu (TFU) and I'm pretty sure Tianjin gets direct flights too.  If they are in containers, then they may come on the Cathay Pacific cargo flight out of Hong Kong, I think that runs once or twice a week.  However an oddball 747 Freighter arrived at Heathrow on Monday from Jinan [via Almaty] and another arrived from Hong Kong [via DWC] today; not speculating, just observing.

Do we know where the "Manor Factory" is, I doubt it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neal Ball said:

2. Shanghai Pudong (PVG)
  3. Guangzhou (CAN)

This just in - it's stuck in Borderseley loop awaiting assistance from Tyseley... 😉

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

1 hour ago, Pendennis said:

To those you can add:-

Qingdao (TAO)

Changsha (CSX)

Chongqing (CKG)

Shenzhen (SZX)

and of course Hong Kong.  These are just today's flights, tomorrow we have Chengdu (TFU) and I'm pretty sure Tianjin gets direct flights too.  If they are in containers, then they may come on the Cathay Pacific cargo flight out of Hong Kong, I think that runs once or twice a week.  However an oddball 747 Freighter arrived at Heathrow on Monday from Jinan [via Almaty] and another arrived from Hong Kong [via DWC] today; not speculating, just observing.

Do we know where the "Manor Factory" is, I doubt it?

I had completely forgotten about the regular all cargo flights into Stansted, from Guangzhou and Shanghai with China Southern Cago.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Harry220 said:

East Midlands has the majority of Cargo for the area. That's where it will be hiding.

Is Accurascale in Ireland? If so then Dublin Might be the one to watch?

P

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

East Midlands has the majority of Cargo for the area. That's where it will be hiding.

P

IMHO Likely easier to fly to UK, especially as they are registered in England (as well)

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12251078

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

P

And if I recall, their warehouse is very close to East Midlands for that exact reason.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1

4 hours ago, Harry220 said:

Callsign must be GW78XX surely. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
56 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

P

If that’s the case then ,as probably the closest,I bags first. Thus it’s a parachute drop onto my lawn from final approach . DHL airdrop ? 

• Like 1
  • Funny 3