Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

2 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Well by Key Model World they are here,paid my balance this morning after they e mailed, want it done with TRS smoke system so got it non sound,see how it turns out eh.

Oh yes , that will be the ultimate oo gauge steam loco , I might have to do the same . Bradley manor here we come 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

• Friendly/supportive 1

16 hours ago, Ribird said:

I just got Great Western Manors by Laurence Waters. Thankfully found some pics of the five Bristol Bath Manors around 1946-48, only one in clear enough detail, which is on page 23. It shows 7814 Fringford Manor in 1948 with narrow hornplates and what looks to be a flush tender. But interestingly, Dapol produced 7814 with a riveted tender? (7814 did get a wide hornplate riveted tender by 1955) Either I’m seeing the picture wrong and Dapol did it correctly, or the other way around. Which would it be? (I have 7819 on order, which is flush and narrow hornplates)

To muddy the 7814 tender situation further, the loco ran with a Collett 3500g for a while.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, melmerby said:

Is that tender lined or is it just uniform crud?

It looks unlined, which is a bit odd, since most Collett 3500g seem to be lined, and received lining even when being shopped as late as 1964. That said, some of them could have been in post-1958/60 economy green. Collett 3500g tenders were comparatively rare, there being only 27 of them.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

5 hours ago, trevor7598 said:

My retailer has requested full payment for my Torquay Manor,

and say it is due in 14 days time, so they are not far away!

Likewise with Derails, 7812 Erlestoke  Manor will soon be with us!

Edited by Black 5 Bear
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Black 5 Bear said:

Likewise with Derails, 7812 Erlestoke  Manor will soon be with us!

Is that batch 2 ? If so that's not bad for between batches . Says that my bradleyanor is shipped and coming to me , I think it's early but it might be genuine.  I'm on holiday so I'll have to rearrange the delivery if it comes before tomorrow 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

All this hype, anticipation and excitement is getting silly. So much so that I have decided to opt out of it and not look at my Accurascale account order for evidence of shipping more than once an hour.

• Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, JST said:

All this hype, anticipation and excitement is getting silly. So much so that I have decided to opt out of it and not look at my Accurascale account order for evidence of shipping more than once an hour.

Same here , although it will all die down once there released . This chat will become a ghost town 😂. Fran when are the sound  decoders due ?

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Harry220 said:

Hopefully we may see shipping commence this week. Hornby Magazine advised Bradley Manor would be shipping from today although I have a feeling that is fairly unlikely.

Hopefully won’t be :) 

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

So I’ve just seen the video Accurascale have posted showing their highlights from Making Tracks 3 - why have a I got a sudden urge to buy a sound enabled manor! I don’t model steam and I don’t have a dcc layout. 

It looks and sounds awesome! Well done Accurascale!

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, McC said:

The manors are in the warehouse being counted and checked and dispatch should start asap. 

Thank you Stephen, that is brilliant news. Incredibly excited to receive mine. Many thanks for the reply!

• Like 3