Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

So, the race is on! Due to a misunderstanding (mainly mine) I have one Manor ordered direct from Accurascale.eu and one from Hattons. I wonder which one will get here first! They are both sound fitted so I don't know if this is done at the factory or just before they are sent out and whether or not this affects delivery dates. So many things to ponder......

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JST said:

So, the race is on! Due to a misunderstanding (mainly mine) I have one Manor ordered direct from Accurascale.eu and one from Hattons. I wonder which one will get here first! They are both sound fitted so I don't know if this is done at the factory or just before they are sent out and whether or not this affects delivery dates. So many things to ponder......

most likely the accurascale one . i ordered bradley manor as i model prezerved railways . but missed on the sound version, so i pre ordered a decoder . Are the sound decoders in the warehouse too? 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

What about a prize for the first person to camp overnight outside the factory?

While the delivery driver then throws it over the fence, because there is no one at home.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 8

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Only for them to realise they're at the wrong place.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

You might come to regret that idea :  https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/aug/05/kai-cenat-inciting-riot-charges-giveaway-new-york, The thought of loads of 'mature' men all demanding that they are first on the list frightens me, I have read the threads about behavour at exhibitions. 

Edited by Vistisen
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Vistisen said:

I have read the threads about behavour at exhibitions. 

Ah!, the famous Bachmann Riot Scrum at the returns stand (Sadly no longer)😄

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Adrock said:

My KeyModelWorld order shows as “Shipped” in the shop app that my confirmation email directed me to for tracking info. Hopefully this is correct!

I too have a tracking number. Hopefully this is not a false alarm!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Harry220 said:

I too have a tracking number. Hopefully this is not a false alarm!

Mine has said that ever since Tuesday last week , I have been in the same position as you . Which is why I'm keeping track elsewhere . Also are the sound decoders also ready to be shipped ?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Key model world said on e mail shipping would comence on 7th so someone must be near to having a one now

No one see light through the steam and smoke at the tunnel mouth...........:)

The first few hundred orders are already shipped and tracking sent :) Bear with us as the team work through the massive list

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
On 07/08/2023 at 10:29, Limpley Stoker said:

I can’t see them yet !

IMG_0232.png

This is just down the road from my place and Ive never seen any Accurascale activity in this neighbourhood.

However that black roof in the bottom left corner is Wimbledon studios, and in particular “Sun Hill nick” from “The Bill” was filmed here, and until recently was very recognisable.

5EA22F44-BA8B-4A5A-A231-AC89441181CB.jpeg.414339acd5d9c7df54cb1028f9d93dcb.jpeg

(The Sun Hill signs were only unfolded when actually filming in background, this was very strict, sometimes unfolded just for minutes with someone on the roof hiding), as the frontage is street facing.

Also in here is a film set police jail, court jail, court room, A&E ward, Police offices and a row of false front terraced houses used in TV Adverts (foxy bingo, peoples lottery etc).

No part of the site goes unused, even the loading ramp for lorries doubles as a hospital ambulance unloading area for filming.

Anyone recognise this man, emotional return to this set for him, his character was a railway enthusiast in a previous life…

24831BCE-3290-4C8B-96F7-84CCF448260E.jpeg

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, McC said:

The first few hundred orders are already shipped and tracking sent :) Bear with us as the team work through the massive list

No Rush matey,it takes the time it takes young fella,thanks for the update,as with all things you do it gets like the control tower sceens of airplane once they are close.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Probably a silly question but what's the difference between the non-sound decoders for a Manor and that for (say) a Deltic?

I appreciate the sound decoders will have recordings of different noises specific to a Manor, but aren't the non-sound devices the same Lokpilot 5, with the same number of functions etc - even though the locos may have/lack relevant lights etc operated by those functions?

The product description says they are custom-programmed for the particular loco.  So if one were to obtain a standard Lokpilot 5, are there certain CV settings (other than the loco address) that one should change to suit the Manor, and would the same apply to decoders from another manufacturer?