Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 57xx said:

I've not tried but can clearly see the glue on the back two corners. I'll more than likely just leave it in place

Yes, I got mine out in the end. The glue is rubbery, not a plastic solvent, and I found that rubbing it with a toothpick got it off, leaving just a slight stain.

Edited by Harlequin
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Paukmgf said:

I'm waiting for GWR 7819 "Hinton Manor", not had any delivery notifications yet, can't wait to see it😁

I thought that it had already been stated that it is likely to be 10 days to two weeks more before all orders have been processed.

Do we have to have " I've not heard anything yet", several times per day, until then ?!?

CJI.

Edited by cctransuk
  • Agree 10

2 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Look even better with the screw link coupling fitted.

All in good time! That's in addition to swapping to full cylinder fronts too.

I'll admit to giving these an excessively long running in period on the rolling road just to mess about with all the sounds

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, 57xx said:

I've not tried but can clearly see the glue on the back two corners. I'll more than likely just leave it in place

I didn’t try to remove it either.

Just trickled some ‘Ballast Bond’ over the coal load and sprinkled the real coal over the top.

IMG_3325.jpeg

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, GreatWesternFan220 said:

I believe I have the dart at an incorrect position

Nearest the door should be straight down so that's correct.

Wonder if everyone gets a spare as your two arms are at a different angle to all the other photos?

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

Nearest the door should be straight down so that's correct.

Wonder if everyone gets a spare as your two arms are at a different angle to all the other photos?

Yes, I found another dart in the accessory bag.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
On 11/08/2023 at 20:11, Rugd1022 said:

'Bradley' being turned at Welshpool on 17th January 1965...

BRWR78xx7802Wpool170165a.jpg.bc1aa1793440f971edf5ff828682f908.jpg

BRWR78xx7802Wpool170165b.jpg.5ee2e3c5f8a01e4a6b287ddf86a515b8.jpg

BRWR78xx7802Wpool170165c.jpg.103ebdb051c6b907108e25766ffb7d08.jpg

The photographer's name escapes me but the images are rather lovely!

Emphasis on the pool in welshpool looking at that turntable pit.. its a manor getting ready for a bath.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

16 hours ago, 57xx said:

Regarding these two items:

- the buffers are far too heavily sprung to be of any practical use, they might as well be solid.

- To reveal a blocked off hole. In doing so, we're given oversize hinges and on mine, the lid is wonky*. I think it would have been nicer just moulded correctly.

*There's a few other QC issues on mine. Once I've given it a full look over, I'll do a proper write up.

I agree about the buffers. I take your points about the tank filler lid whilst at the same time liking the idea. It’s nice to pose it open under a water crane. I thought at first that the lid had gone the way of the chimney but it had just fallen open when the tender was upside down.

20 hours ago, PMP99 said:

Accurascale meets Dapol! 

The Accurascale model is as ‘out of the box’, the Dapol model to the right has been treated to a coat of ‘Klear’ and some light weathering.

IMG_3322.jpeg

IMG_3318.jpeg

I concede that the Dapol shade may be more accurate but Accurascale has taken the Bachmann route and looks much nicer, even when the Dapol has had a coat of Klear applied.

• Like 3
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Harlequin said:

That's a marvellous mix of sounds on there - from wound right down on teh bank at Goodrington to drifting and various vac pump tracks plus a god one with the large ejector on.  And even a vac pump in need of the 'jungle juice' treatment at one point towards the end.

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

I've just taken a few photos of 7801 on my test track in natural light. Here's the first:

IMG_20230813_115504.jpg.e4e9c24011467d70f863b152743422f3.jpg

The rest are all focus stacked so there will be small delay while I do some processing...

Edited by Harlequin
  • Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, Miss Prism said:

Some awesome footage there, and well edited. Getting the sound balance right in the 'big landscape' shots must be very difficult.

I agree.  The departure from Highley at about 3 mins was very impressive.  Rifle shots !!! 

• RMweb Premium
On 12/08/2023 at 13:27, PMP99 said:

IMG_3322.jpeg

IMG_3318.jpeg

It may just be an optical illusion but the smokeboxes and boiler taper seem quite different between the two in those pics: Dapol smokebox looks narrower diameter. Maybe its just the matt paint catching the light differently?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

It may just be an optical illusion but the smokeboxes and boiler taper seem quite different between the two in those pics: Dapol smokebox looks narrower diameter. Maybe its just the matt paint catching the light differently?

Just tried to do a very quick check with the vernier and the smokebox diameter is pretty similar, Dapol may be slightly narrower but difficult for me to measure accurately.

Not sure how much can be read from my photos at that angle, however I think it was established a while back that the Dapol boiler taper isn’t quite right.  It was explored at length on the Dapol Manor thread.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, PMP99 said:

Just tried to do a very quick check with the vernier and the smokebox diameter is pretty similar, Dapol may be slightly narrower but difficult for me to measure accurately.

Not sure how much can be read from my photos at that angle, however I think it was established a while back that the Dapol boiler taper isn’t quite right.  It was explored at length on the Dapol Manor thread.

I make them 20.something mm each, very similar and hard to measure due to the hand rails. The front of the Dapol firebox is about 1mm wider than the A/S.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cctransuk said:

I thought that it had already been stated that it is likely to be 10 days to two weeks more before all orders have been processed.

Do we have to have " I've not heard anything yet", several times per day, until then ?!?

CJI.

Sorry about that I had not seen those posts, this why I seldom post on these forums as there's always someone who wants to pick faults with your comments they don't like. VERY DISAPPOINTED 😠

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2