Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, jonnyuk said:

Picking up on sams video, I was very disappointed on the running quality, returned two locomotives to my retailer now and have decided not to try another, non working stay alives, noisy and also struggling through r2 and double slips etc.

A very nice looking model it is, but if it does not run reliably what’s the point.

not for the first time, it looks like members on here will not have a word said against AS and lash out when something is said, people are entitled to their opinion as long as it’s polite etc.

now its maybe because it’s a forum and we are all “mates” and written words can be taken out of context but I do find AS comments sometimes flippant, whether it’s meant that way I don’t know.

Implying nothing - but I've not noted many (any?) other members having the same negative experience as you.

CJI.

• Agree 10

• RMweb Gold

I have run mine …7812…on DC for three weeks and have experienced none of these difficulties. I assume that the reference to a Stay Alive means that both are retro fitted with a dcc chip ? In which case,were they run first on DC analogue ? And were any such problems then encountered ? 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, AY Mod said:

You are now moaning daily. I do hope a day gets added on to your delivery date each time.

They wouldn't of course; but I would give in to temptation.

Shows you've not understood the issue - which is not the length of the delay, but the very poor communication from AS About the delay.

I recognise you've not seen the unhelpful (just plain wrong information) emails.

AS say they want constructive criticism, but like most organisations that say that, they can't handle it.

But you are right that I'm not getting support from those who've received their Manors so time to move on - and back to placing my orders with dealers, who mostly value their customers.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Dunsignalling said:

Looking on the bright side, if these were being produced by Hornby, we'd be waiting until years three or four for them to get round to producing this number of identities.... 

John

And our chosen retailer would get their allocation cut from 30 to 2 ( andprobably two which none of their customers had on pre-order)

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, Forester said:

Shows you've not understood the issue - which is not the length of the delay, but the very poor communication from AS About the delay.

I recognise you've not seen the unhelpful (just plain wrong information) emails.

AS say they want constructive criticism, but like most organisations that say that, they can't handle it.

But you are right that I'm not getting support from those who've received their Manors so time to move on - and back to placing my orders with dealers, who mostly value their customers.

They cannot deliver what is not here and they go out there way to inform and help, do you get many company MD,s talk on media to you? Its not life threatening if you dont get a model train,give them a break as its probably out of there control.....

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

My, it’s getting a bit hot in here. First of all, apologies, in the last 10 days or so there has indeed been a lack of communication regarding the balance of the manors on our part and for that I would like to apologise on behalf of Accurascale.

As mentioned above, the previous emails with information we have put out on manor ETA times have all been wrong to date. These timelines are fundamentally based on what the factory has told us, and in this case they have misinformed us on the ETA. We are unhappy about this as we pass on the information to you in good faith, and as a result you end up frustrated and we end up looking like liars. It’s been incredibly frustrating for us.

We frankly had our fill of this two weeks ago about the arrival of the manor, so we did not communicate the latest update as we felt “we would believe it when we see it”.  Hence the silence this week.

The good news is however is that our logistics company has been contacted by the factory, which is a sure fire sign that they are actually ready to leave the factory. This was on Friday, but a full schedule would not be confirmed for us until early this coming week. 

So, simply put, they’re ready to leave the factory, they will come by air, but we don’t know precise details yet. Until we know they have been picked up and are out of the factory, any timeline we give you will not be accurate. However, that whole process usually takes about 10 days to delivery in our warehouse.

Regarding customer constructive feedback. We of course take it on board, but I think it is best is stuff like website functionality is perhaps emailed to us so it can be forwarded to our tech guys? I don’t want to backseat moderate but it likely doesn’t belong in a forum about our manors and if the right people do not get to see the information (and not all our employees read RMWeb, sorry @AY Mod!) then the effort in providing the feedback is wasted, and we don’t want that either.

Anyway, I hope this helps clear things up, and ultimately the balance of the manors are done and on the way, and if you have feedback, please send it onto us support@accurascale.co.uk.

Back to flooring the living room.

Cheers!

Fran

Take no notice of the whingers - they're getting uptight about having to go back to school in the next few days!

Adults don't mind waiting, and have guessed that this has been the usual China 'thing'.

They'll be here when they are here.

John Isherwood.

• Like 15
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

Take no notice of the whingers - they're getting uptight about having to go back to school in the next few days!

Adults don't mind waiting, and have guessed that this has been the usual China 'thing'.

They'll be here when they are here.

John Isherwood.

That’s just uncalled for and you have made my point, thank you.

the member asking about the stay alives, no retro fitting, out the box they did not work, AS support where very help full trying to figure it out changing cv values. On plain dc the stay alives don’t function as far as I’m aware.

anyway time to move the conversation on.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

My, it’s getting a bit hot in here. First of all, apologies, in the last 10 days or so there has indeed been a lack of communication regarding the balance of the manors on our part and for that I would like to apologise on behalf of Accurascale.

As mentioned above, the previous emails with information we have put out on manor ETA times have all been wrong to date. These timelines are fundamentally based on what the factory has told us, and in this case they have misinformed us on the ETA. We are unhappy about this as we pass on the information to you in good faith, and as a result you end up frustrated and we end up looking like liars. It’s been incredibly frustrating for us.

We frankly had our fill of this two weeks ago about the arrival of the manor, so we did not communicate the latest update as we felt “we would believe it when we see it”.  Hence the silence this week.

The good news is however is that our logistics company has been contacted by the factory, which is a sure fire sign that they are actually ready to leave the factory. This was on Friday, but a full schedule would not be confirmed for us until early this coming week. 

So, simply put, they’re ready to leave the factory, they will come by air, but we don’t know precise details yet. Until we know they have been picked up and are out of the factory, any timeline we give you will not be accurate. However, that whole process usually takes about 10 days to delivery in our warehouse.

Regarding customer constructive feedback. We of course take it on board, but I think it is best is stuff like website functionality is perhaps emailed to us so it can be forwarded to our tech guys? I don’t want to backseat moderate but it likely doesn’t belong in a forum about our manors and if the right people do not get to see the information (and not all our employees read RMWeb, sorry @AY Mod!) then the effort in providing the feedback is wasted, and we don’t want that either.

Anyway, I hope this helps clear things up, and ultimately the balance of the manors are done and on the way, and if you have feedback, please send it onto us support@accurascale.co.uk.

Back to flooring the living room.

Cheers!

Fran

Hi Fran,

Could you confirm which Manors are yet to leave the factory please ?

Fair enough. It was all well intentioned, but clearly I misjudged the mood of the room.

Apologies to @Accurascale Fran for being partly (mainly?) responsible for disturbing his Sunday afternoon DIY, and appreciate the update on the delivery issues.

In the interests of harmony, I shall refrain from any further comments on Manors or Accurascale in general.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

14 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Fran

Thank you Fran.

That clears the matter up as far as I am concerned.

I withdraw any derogatory remarks I may have made in frustration during my attempts to establish the facts.

Regards,

forester

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

From my perspective, when I read the Manors had arrived, I thought that it was all of them not just some of them and expected delivery. With mine stuck listed as 'preparing for shipping' for ages, I chased AS and for the first time discovered that they were still in China! Nothing in anything I have read on the AS website or on RMweb made that clear at all, hence the confusion and annoyance by some. I'm glad the matter is clearer now and that AS are frustrated but the customer needs to be informed more clearly.

I have the same issue with 37001, with news that the last 37s from run 1 were on the way including pics of the early 37s only to find they weren't.

Simple advice to AS. Be clear on which locos are where so we know, your own fault for doing so many at once!

It was a little too damning, and running light to / off shed it is true, they're never the slowest!

However, with load, leaving stations, etc., a moment at relative crawl (not super crawl) is mainly observed, before they start picking up speed.

In my teenage years, trainspotting at the end of platforms in Lime Street, Liverpool, I always remember the opposite with the 87's (electric) with the longest trains always took off like the proverbial scalded cat!

Al.

• Like 3

I only have experience with heritage railways but coupling up doesn't the loco normal back to with a few feet of the train, stop and then do a separate buffering up move. And from memory this is quite a slam usually and sends you tea/coffee/preferred beverage all over the person opposite?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Anoldpom said:

One thing that really has got my old blood boiling about that Sam review is his insistance that if a locomotive cannot travel at a scale .0000001mph it is an abject failure in his eyes. What a load of what Aussies call 'bullsh@#". Has this lad never seen a real steam locomotive moving on shed or on the main line. They NEVER crawl. They move smoothly and purposely with great power and might. 

For what it is worth I have attached a link to a short rather crude film of my new Torquay Manor running slowly and smoothly on straight DC using a Gaugemaster Combi! I should note that this film is just to show Sam and any other doubters that the engine can run slowly. In actual fact this is far slower compared to how steam engines move in real life!

This loco is brilliant and I can play for hours just backing this loco onto shed and moving it to the turntable and then backing back onto a train. And the starts and stops with 4 coach trains are absolute heaven! Thank you Accurascale, I would love a decent 47xx!

https://youtu.be/EGrmahldZn8

10 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

He hasn't.  He wasn't even born when steam finished on the main line.

With respect, so what?  He's entitled to his view and you can debate whether you agree with him or not.  People may not like Sam's views (personally I don't watch box opening youtube videos) or agree with his views, but there's no denying he reaches an audience that others do not.  Rather than commenting here, have you commented on his youtube page?

However, to say, as these posts imply, that if you've not see the original in mainline operation, then you can't comment could be considered quite rude by younger modellers.

An awful lot of us who've brought this, and other steam outline, models are way too young to have seen mainline steam.  You have to be at least 60 to have any recollection at all and, realistically older than that to have a proper memory.  Without Sam's generation taking an interest in steam outline models, you may find that quite quickly you don't have any new ones produce.

• Like 7
  • Agree 6
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Clearwater said:

With respect, so what?  He's entitled to his view and you can debate whether you agree with him or not.  People may not like Sam's views (personally I don't watch box opening youtube videos) or agree with his views, but there's no denying he reaches an audience that others do not.  Rather than commenting here, have you commented on his youtube page?

However, to say, as these posts imply, that if you've not see the original in mainline operation, then you can't comment could be considered quite rude by younger modellers.

An awful lot of us who've brought this, and other steam outline, models are way too young to have seen mainline steam.  You have to be at least 60 to have any recollection at all and, realistically older than that to have a proper memory.  Without Sam's generation taking an interest in steam outline models, you may find that quite quickly you don't have any new ones produce.

I'm going to have to be pedantic and say I'm 57 years young and this lifetime love of steam (first then railways in general)  started with my Dad taking me down to the crossing at the sound of the whistle of the steam powered demolition train on the Hull to Hornsea line! Must have been late 1966 or early 1967? 

Regarding Sam - he's infuriating at times but I'll admit to watching his reviews. And in terms of modelling he has made more models from scratch than me for starters - have a look in this months Railway Modeler! 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

I'm going to have to be pedantic and say I'm 57 years young and this lifetime love of steam (first then railways in general)  started with my Dad taking me down to the crossing at the sound of the whistle of the steam powered demolition train on the Hull to Hornsea line! Must have been late 1966 or early 1967? 

Regarding Sam - he's infuriating at times but I'll admit to watching his reviews. And in terms of modelling he has made more models from scratch than me for starters - have a look in this months Railway Modeler! 

• Like 1