Have your say with Rapido

rapidoandy

In the article about bthe SECR stock, there is this unfinished sentence: "The 6w SECR brakes will also be leaving the factory within the next month. These fabulous little brake vans complement our previous range of SECR freight stock. A limited number of our SECR ballast wagons and box vans remain available to order. All they need now is a loco..."   Is this a hint at a fuuture SECR freight loco -  an Class O1 perhaps - even one with the Siriling cab would do for EKR fans.

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

From the latest Rapido UK newsletter, No. 30.
"We have had such a blast bringing The Titfield Thunderbolt to you, and love to hear how excited everyone has been about the models of such an iconic film. It got us thinking… What other licensed products could we do?

Would people be interested in other one-off licensable projects such as the Railway Children or Great St Trinians or even Back to the Future?"

I'll start the froth.  Great St Trinians train robery almost do-able, but along with the Wickhams trolly, J94, BR MkI suburbans etc. that are available RTR, we need a pukka 3-car thumper.

So, how about a pukka 3-car thumper then Rapido?  Pretty please...

• Like 2

They could really piss Hornby off and do the James Bond Goldeneye Train that was a class 20 - I thought that'd be an ideal project for Hornby and their Limby 20.

I also suggested once that Hornby could also run a Brief Encounter special of their Stanier 4P 2-6-4T. And Bachmann doing a Paddington 2 LMS Crab and A1 Tornado.

One for EFE could be the Austerity from Chitty Bang Bang in blue.

Fairburn tank from Swallows and Amazons?

I should probably think of some Rapido appropriate examples rather than ones for other manufacturers... but drawing a blank.

Oooooh, City of Truro from Howard's end could be good - would love a brilliant quality city class...

Edited by Nova Scotian

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

Some results of The Quirky Poll for you and Rapido...

The top two items were Stephenson's Rocket (now made) and Ivor.

The top two items were Titfield Thunderbolt and Bellerophon (both now made or announced). Ivor was High Polling.

The top two items were B17 Streamlined (now announced) and Ivor.

My own personal view (albeit that I am not in 'the model trade') is that Ivor would form the foundation of many great models that would build up into a fine layout. Figures of Dai Station, Jones the Steam etc would complement model dragons, mine buildings, Ivor's shed etc.

Brian

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, BMacdermott said:

My own personal view (albeit that I am not in 'the model trade') is that Ivor would form the foundation of many great models that would build up into a fine layout.

Naturally an O gauge release would be Ivor Biggun, whilst the N gauge offering would be Ivor Littlun...

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

Oh I'm an idiot... Railway Children is Studio Canal.

L&YR Class 25 would be fantastic - stands up in its own right as well as the film link.

And to fit with the cute industrials a Hudswell Clarke 1369 long tank (MSC 067 for railway children).

If Rapido do one or both I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bucoops said:

They released this last year - https://uk.Hornby.com/products/lmsbr-class-4f-no-43924-railway-children-era-3-r3022 - but now I see it's for the new film. Totally forgot about that!

But you're right - that's a Studiocanal license - so might be wrapped up by them for the film "franchise" if there is one? You can see the logo on the back.

I guess we'll find out in time!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 16/04/2023 at 10:27, NHY 581 said:

There's only one possible candidate....

This model could be seen at the Uckfield show in 2021.

ivor_rmweb_1024.jpg.dabbdba4cb34197581557d725aa7e6c3.jpg.6d9ca927ab5b6d32400bd29edeeb90b4.jpg

Slightly out of loading gauge!

Edited by adrianmc
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

This is how Ivor has fared in The Quirky Poll:

2019 - 2nd

2020 - 5th

2021 - 2nd

The Poll now runs every two years alternating with The 00 Wishlist Poll. The next Quirky Poll is planned for December this year.

Brian (on behalf of The Poll Team)

• Informative/Useful 1

On 14/04/2023 at 17:16, GeoffBird said:

In the article about bthe SECR stock, there is this unfinished sentence: "The 6w SECR brakes will also be leaving the factory within the next month. These fabulous little brake vans complement our previous range of SECR freight stock. A limited number of our SECR ballast wagons and box vans remain available to order. All they need now is a loco..."   Is this a hint at a fuuture SECR freight loco -  an Class O1 perhaps - even one with the Siriling cab would do for EKR fans.

The last engines on the EKR were straightforward O1s, either number 100 (given that number because no-one had told the Ashford paint shop what number to put on and they guessed the EKR didn't have more than 99 locos) or the trio kept after Nationalisation at Dover for the Tilmanstone run.

O1s also ran on the K&ESR after Nationalisation too as well as being used over the entire SECR and former SECR network for light goods work.

That said, Rapido are more likely to do a C

14 minutes ago, whart57 said:

The last engines on the EKR were straightforward O1s, either number 100 (given that number because no-one had told the Ashford paint shop what number to put on and they guessed the EKR didn't have more than 99 locos) or the trio kept after Nationalisation at Dover for the Tilmanstone run.

O1s also ran on the K&ESR after Nationalisation too as well as being used over the entire SECR and former SECR network for light goods work.

That said, Rapido are more likely to do a C

Bachmann already do the C class so 01 is a better bet and still one in existence.