RMweb

Sutton's Locomotive Works *NEW* Class 25

Nick G

17 hours ago, aureol40012 said:

Phoned to pay for my 25’s yesterday and they wouldn’t be pinned down on specific dates, but 25324 will be amongst the first locos to arrive, with locos announced after those launch locos arriving later.

Sounds like it won't be long now. 

Thanks

Paul. 

• Like 2

I was wondering if they might announce Class 25/0s or 25/1s bearing in mind its meant to be a special event. But with the other 25s so close, they could really do with getting those sent out before announcing more unless they're in the same container(s)

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, GordonC said:

I was wondering if they might announce Class 25/0s or 25/1s bearing in mind its meant to be a special event. But with the other 25s so close, they could really do with getting those sent out before announcing more unless they're in the same container(s)

Their usual MO was to announce when available, so never say never with a /0 or /1. I believe they only opened up about the /3 because Heljan announced theirs and Bachmann had been working on theirs for a few years. I guess we'll know more next weekend.

• Agree 4

6 hours ago, Daddyman said:

Or not.  I'm certainly not trekking up there for "might". 

Or you could reserve a space to have a day out, meet the very small team who bring the best UK outline RTR to the market and see some nice layouts featuring said products in action.  And maybe support SLW by reserving a future release or 2.

I'm doing a 400 mile round trip, and I'll have a visit to Crewe Heritage Centre whilst I'm there

• Like 7
  • Round of applause 4

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Daddyman said:

Or not.  I'm certainly not trekking up there for "might". 

Well believe it or not,there is still life to be found to the north of Milton Keynes. In any case ,as I understand it,this occasion isn’t meant to be completely sales dedicated,though if on offer,then gratefully received. For me it’ll be a civilised way of spending a Sunday afternoon in the company of like minded people viewing some great modelling populated with state of the art models.l look forward to it.

• Like 6
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

I've ordered D5195, a "regression" rat. Built in Darlington, operated in Liverpool and Preston Divisions which where I started my railway career (after a year in Horwich Training School). It is the second from the bottom in the snap below.

IMG_3333.JPG.d823d0784a029056107a3c7666772dc2.JPG

• Like 10

Great to have the time to engage with those who visited today, the limited numbers of guests ensuring that there was a much greater opportunity. Funny how working harder with a more limited team produces even greater satisfaction. Looking forward to two more days of similar industry....

BeRTIe

Edited by BR traction instructor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1