Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Sutton's Locomotive Works *NEW* Class 25

Nick G

22 minutes ago, 25901 said:

Correct, they are a small team and are working the orders with the added issue of contacting people to get their up to date card details.

Also worth a mention is the fact they don't work Mondays.

See it as a fine wine, the longer you wait the better it gets lol

I'm not sure it can get any better than the first pictures of that production model, it just looks absolutely superb and correct

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I received a phone call from the office informing me that my order was ready on Tuesday, double checking I was still ok with my order. My credit card had expired and I gave them my new details

blue 25324 and green D 7599 both arrived this morning

i received a email order confirmation from SLW and several emails from Royal Mail with delivery details

very pleased

Richard 

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, E100 said:

Am I correct in saying that only a few SKU's i.e. D7599 and are here and that the rest of the batch is still to arrive?

Two numbers only D7599 plus 25 324 AFAIK

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, E100 said:

Am I correct in saying that only a few SKU's i.e. D7599 and are here and that the rest of the batch is still to arrive?

I got the impression they were spreading the batch out to only receive one or two numbers at a time for sending out to make it easier for a small team to deal with

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GordonC said:

I got the impression they were spreading the batch out to only receive one or two numbers at a time for sending out to make it easier for a small team to deal with

Appears that way. My blue one arrived today (a pity I'm in the office today, but also means I'm giddy waiting to get home and see the blue 25!). 

I've got another 25 on order as part of that order from 2021, and as that has not been paid for yet, its presumably not part of the current batch being sent out, shame, as combining the postage would have been a not insignificant saving. 

Thanks

Paul. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Paul_sterling said:

Appears that way. My blue one arrived today (a pity I'm in the office today, but also means I'm giddy waiting to get home and see the blue 25!). 

I've got another 25 on order as part of that order from 2021, and as that has not been paid for yet, its presumably not part of the current batch being sent out, shame, as combining the postage would have been a not insignificant saving. 

Thanks

Paul. 

I also have some blue ones on order , website is showing early 2024 for one and mid 2024 for the other so I can't see mine arriving together which in my eyes is a blessing with how much they cost , makes getting the money together easier 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

All these pictures are making me just a smidge jealous 😆 I really cannot wait for my Tamworth Castle in green to become available. Alas no word on that yet. Fantastic pictures folks, please keep them coming & if anyone has a sound fitted example & fancies doing a demo on YouTube I'd be most interested 😉 

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

Just logged into my SLW account and hadn't noticed this before but there is a pay option now. I presume this would be welcome for them to do if you haven't paid up?

image.png.ea9d03d3b5429fd867e530cca96376f6.png

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

If this isnt model of the year 2024 in the bag there was must be something utterly amazing to come in the next 10 months!

That’s a tricky question. Which competition might that be and will it be entered in the race ? All I can say from a personal point of view is that I have 2x24 and they were and still are light years ahead of the competition in rtr diesel models . SLW strangely is still very much a quality niche section . I keenly await my D7599 sound version. At York Show last Easter I was persuaded after a demo by Phil to upgrade my original order .Sound does work on DC. So fingers crossed.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, E100 said:

Just logged into my SLW account and hadn't noticed this before but there is a pay option now. I presume this would be welcome for them to do if you haven't paid up?

Yes, I noticed this last week.  I presume it means they're due relatively soon? 🙏

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

Yes, I noticed this last week.  I presume it means they're due relatively soon? 🙏

Well one of those is a Highland 24 so I doubt it somewhat.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, E100 said:

Between these, a Cavalex 56 and an Accurascale class 31, 50 and 89 it's going to be quite the competition this year

I think we’re going to be looking at specifics like a car show concours competition.  One of the things I always think about when voting is ‘did my model operate exactly as expected straight out of the box?’  Its a useful distinction when there is more than one contender.  

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, E100 said:

image.png.ea9d03d3b5429fd867e530cca96376f6.png

This looks helpful. Sorry I couldn't find a link to login on their website. Do you know where I can find it?

Thanks 

Will

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

just used the pay link but it does not take payment, just updates credit card as recieved email stating "full payment will be taken when the model(s) are in stock and ready for dispatch"

My order was for 25 324 DCC sound

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, 47007stratford said:

just used the pay link but it does not take payment, just updates credit card as recieved email stating "full payment will be taken when the model(s) are in stock and ready for dispatch"

My order was for 25 324 DCC sound

Ah right fair enough. We may well be moving house when these arrive so I'm not updating to have it as a useful hold point to update my address if required at the same time.

38 minutes ago, dj_crisp said:

This looks helpful. Sorry I couldn't find a link to login on their website. Do you know where I can find it?

Thanks 

Will

Top right was a link to my account

28 minutes ago, 37081LochLong said:

Just emailed them because I logged in and saw that my three class 25s are listed but my two 24/1s aren't and those are the two I'm more eager for! I really don't want to miss out on those.

Just been chatting to Jennie and the 24/1's are a while off yet apparently , I'm waiting for 4 of them so not a bad thing as far as I'm concerned as I need to get the money together , between model railways/carp fishing and property renovation this year is working out expensive already , dreading the Heljan 26s coming along as well!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

18 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

Just been chatting to Jennie and the 24/1's are a while off yet apparently , I'm waiting for 4 of them so not a bad thing as far as I'm concerned as I need to get the money together , between model railways/carp fishing and property renovation this year is working out expensive already , dreading the Heljan 26s coming along as well!

I'm just going on one of the locos on E100s list is a highland 24 so I'm worried why mine aren't on my list unless it's because I ordered them over the phone not the website. But I still thought they'd be on the list

34 minutes ago, 37081LochLong said:

I'm just going on one of the locos on E100s list is a highland 24 so I'm worried why mine aren't on my list unless it's because I ordered them over the phone not the website. But I still thought they'd be on the list

Just been chatting to Jennie again as I don't have a login to the online account , she said she will sort it for me but will have to upload all my orders into it as they won't automatically be there , most of mine have been ordered by email so maybe it is something to do with not ordering through the site

• Like 2