Titfield Thunderbolt 70th Anniversary Range

rapidoandy

• RMweb Premium

Mine was supposed to be delivered today, I was tracking it on the couriers website when the van stopped less than half a mile away for over an hour. Next thing I know is I get a failed delivery notice, "No one at home". I'd spent all this afternoon waiting within six feet of my front door. Now I've received two notices one saying I should collect from a shop two miles away and another saying it will be delivered tomorrow. FYI I purchased it from Rails who offer several delivery options, one of them is DPD which I won't be using again.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold

I've programmed Thunderbolt to make some random sounds when standing ("Oh Sam!", "She Won't Couple", "Coal Shovelling", and "Safety Valve") and when moving ("Whistle", "Chin up Ollie" and "Safety Valve").

That brings a little bit more life to the model.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Mine was supposed to be delivered today, I was tracking it on the couriers website when the van stopped less than half a mile away for over an hour. Next thing I know is I get a failed delivery notice, "No one at home". I'd spent all this afternoon waiting within six feet of my front door. Now I've received two notices one saying I should collect from a shop two miles away and another saying it will be delivered tomorrow. FYI I purchased it from Rails who offer several delivery options, one of them is DPD which I won't be using again.

DPD used to be the best. Generally they're still pretty good but the odd bad egg has crept in.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

It's now scheduled for delivery in the next two hours, fingers are crossed.

DHL will provide you with tracking which gives you your specific number in the delivery sequence.I’ll be interested in how you get on with the sound.Good luck !

I forget it’s not Accurascale but Rapido….Sorry ,different carrier

Edited by Ian Hargrave
Inaccurate
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

It arrived at 12 noon on the dot.

52 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

DHL will provide you with tracking which gives you your specific number in the delivery sequence.I’ll be interested in how you get on with the sound.Good luck !

I forget it’s not Accurascale but Rapido….Sorry ,different carrier

DPD give you the same information.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Mine arrived today on the dot of 12 noon. One very minor niggle, when I tried to remove the carriage body to examine the interior the wagon floor came with it as the body appears to be firmly glued to the floor. It might be I've done it wrong and there's been no damage to the floor or body. Is there a way that it should be done?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Mine arrived today on the dot of 12 noon. One very minor niggle, when I tried to remove the carriage body to examine the interior the wagon floor came with it as the body appears to be firmly glued to the floor. It might be I've done it wrong and there's been no damage to the floor or body. Is there a way that it should be done?

Same here.

Clip strength (when you're not sure what you're doing) vs. glue strength. Clip strength won.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Harlequin said:

Same here.

Clip strength (when you're not sure what you're doing) vs. glue strength. Clip strength won.

Thats what I thought though in my case there seems to be very little glue where it should be but plenty around the clips. 

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

DHL will provide you with tracking which gives you your specific number in the delivery sequence

or lose it altogether like they have for my current parcel from Germany and have previously sent one from Germany via Greece taking weeks! 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium

Chuffed (sorry) to bits with this little thing. I can see me building a micro to give it a proper home.

(And now there will be a Manning Wardle and an S160 to find homes for, two other engines I didn't know I wanted...).

IMG_0377.jpeg.ff1df8c47d91ccfd7297cd3d151aff20.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I love my Titfield set, it's getting its first run on a big dcc layout tomorrow but it has been flawless on my dc test. It looks amazing, sounds amazing and I cannot wait to give the whole set a proper running!

I did spot something a little curious though. I slipped a fingernail under the Coal load to see if it was removable and sure enough it popped right off. Perfect fit adding real coal and there is rivet detail under the coal (along with two very small locating holes for the plastic coal)

What is curious is it seems the plastic coal is fitted before the tender interior is sprayed. It looks to be un painted plastic. This is a non-issue for me, a very simple fix and hidden by either the plastic coal or a simple coat of black paint and real coal.

It does seem a curious thing to miss though, especially after going to the effort of adding the rivet detail

IMG-20231028-WA0000.jpg.7b8dcc91ce341c7d7bb9f32f739930c9.jpgIMG-20231028-WA0001.jpg.c6ebc5c8236f12924575dbd4a4930c60.jpg

This does not detract from the model at all, it's still brilliant and I cannot wait for the Titfield tramcar (and the other two I've also ordered) and the Pearce and Crump Bus

Edited by WD0-6-0
Typo
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

I received mine in the post here in Australia yesterday and it's a stunning model. I too now wait for the Wisbech and Upwell coach in Titfield Thunderbolt colours and the Pearce and Crump OB coach. I already have a 14xx lined up in plain black with three distinct smudges on each side tank to cover up the initials GWR. I may need to purchase another 14xx for a street scene. "Left for Titfield, short cut". Maybe have it crashing through the Guinness for Strength advert board. No doubt someone will make a chimney for Dan's coach that can be lowered and raised.  

• Like 6

Just received the notification from Rapido that the Titfield and Mallingford Buffet Tram Car has arrived in stock.

Rewatched the film last evening with Mrs Pint; all we need now is a 14xx, a GW Cattle Van, and a steamroller to complete the stocklist, plus a GW pattern water tower (preferably without bullet holes)...

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Pint of Adnams said:

Just received the notification from Rapido that the Titfield and Mallingford Buffet Tram Car has arrived in stock.

Rewatched the film last evening with Mrs Pint; all we need now is a 14xx, a GW Cattle Van, and a steamroller to complete the stocklist, plus a GW pattern water tower (preferably without bullet holes)...

Mine is winging its way to me as I paid the necessary modelling tokens this afternoon. One thing missing from the above list is the Squire's car, a bullnose Morris but I don't know of one in 4mm scale.

• Agree 2