Titfield Thunderbolt 70th Anniversary Range

rapidoandy

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, rprodgers said:

Looks fantastic !

Colour representation is always difficult, especially when viewed on a tablet, but to my eyes the buffer beam, frames etc. looked  more of an orangey red in the film.

I don’t know what others think?

I would agree having just compared the two on the same screen, but, we don't know how the photo above compares to the colour sample in Rapido's hands.

Even then, there are so many unknowns that unless somebody takes the model and stands it next to the real loco as used at the time of filming....

Anybody got a time a machine handy?

Roy

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Pteremy said:

Does anyone make a decent version of the Steam Roller that featured in the film? 

Not currently - the one Rapido have on their demo layout is (I believe) a heavily modified Oxford Model

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Pteremy said:

Does anyone make a decent version of the Steam Roller that featured in the film? 

Technically it has a few errors but the Oxford model is very close if you remove the canopy and paint the cream wheel treads.

IMG_0383.jpeg.000f8ae492b4fc468f1628812f30e05f.jpeg 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

Technically it has a few errors but the Oxford model is very close if you remove the canopy and paint the cream wheel treads.

IMG_0383.jpeg.000f8ae492b4fc468f1628812f30e05f.jpeg 

is the canopy a fitted part or does removal require surgery?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Pteremy said:

I think I just used side cutters to chop it off, it was a five second job. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Pteremy said:

It's flimsy enough that it will snap off if you handle it roughly. After one such accident I decided to leave it off rather than fix it, on the basis that many wouldn't have a canopy in real life anyway. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

This looks fantastic. I'm so pleased I pre-ordered the non-DCC set when it was announced - especially as I have now saved up the money for it! But a question for @rapidoandy, if I may: as a DC modeller, it would have made no sense for me to order the DCC Sound -fitted set. However, I see it comes with the figures, which I very much would like: is there a way to order them separately so that us non-digital modellers don't miss out?

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, RapidoCorbs said:

The figures etc. are only with the deluxe set but the deluxe/DCC sound version works on DC layouts too (provided the controller is a good/modern one).

8 minutes ago, RapidoCorbs said:

The figures etc. are only with the deluxe set but the deluxe/DCC sound version works on DC layouts too (provided the controller is a good/modern one).

That’s a useful piece of information 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Al51 said:

This morning Rapido posted on Facebook that the whole shipment is now on a ship heading for South East England.

Not to Margate, presumably.

• Funny 10