New n gauge Mk3 loco hauled coaches coming from Dapol?

Kris

7 hours ago, markw said:

The prototypes had an extra toilet type  window that the production versions didn't, does the Dapol tooling cover this variation?

mk3a-rfm-10200-18-11-08_orig.jpg

mk3a-rfm-10203-22-07-06-2_orig.jpg

This picture of the previous release of the model on the Hattons site seems to suggest that it does. it's actually fortuneous that these questions have been raised as I was looking at this yesterday and I was wondering if the lack of a first class stripe was accurate?

https://www.hattons.co.uk/69087/dapol_2p_005_111_mk_3_excutive_buffet_10258_loco_hauled/stockdetail

2P-005-111_3003294_Qty1_2.jpg

18 hours ago, montyburns56 said:

This picture of the previous release of the model on the Hattons site seems to suggest that it does. it's actually fortuneous that these questions have been raised as I was looking at this yesterday and I was wondering if the lack of a first class stripe was accurate?

https://www.hattons.co.uk/69087/dapol_2p_005_111_mk_3_excutive_buffet_10258_loco_hauled/stockdetail

2P-005-111_3003294_Qty1_2.jpg

Hallo,

See my post on page 2 with pics of an example of the coach without the first class stripe.

Also my post with a link to a YouTube clip of an example with the first class stripe. 

es grüßt

pc 

• Thanks 1

On 25/01/2024 at 21:18, markw said:

The prototypes had an extra toilet type  window that the production versions didn't, does the Dapol tooling cover this variation?

mk3a-rfm-10200-18-11-08_orig.jpg

mk3a-rfm-10203-22-07-06-2_orig.jpg

I’d never noticed this before. Makes the choices of running number even more tricky for Dapol assuming there are no changes to the tooling.

Maybe a low numbered production example like 10202 or 10203 would be the best idea for the Executive livery model?

Cheers, Tom R.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Fully you should mention that. I've just stopped drooling over the new Farish IC Charter Open Firsts. Not sure about getting anything else in the current production run but can certainly ask the question after Chinese New Year.

And the slightest thought about green sleepers hasn't even begun to speculate about the merest possibility of crossing my mind...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 2

14 hours ago, Adam1701D said:

And the slightest thought about green sleepers hasn't even begun to speculate about the merest possibility of crossing my mind...

If you do some more green sleepers Adam, can you take a look at the artwork please. Relative to the green HST, the printing is vertically stretched meaning they don't match. Very noticeable if you put them side by side, say if you wanted to use a TGS vice BFO, or a buffet with the sleepers.

Jo

On 07/02/2024 at 20:35, Adam1701D said:

Fully you should mention that. I've just stopped drooling over the new Farish IC Charter Open Firsts. Not sure about getting anything else in the current production run but can certainly ask the question after Chinese New Year.

Thing with the white roof ones is that one often appeared in the normal Inverness or Aberdeen trains and also the Charter sets often had one without the white roof. Mixing them is fairly prototypical.

• Like 1