Interesting and inspiring photos from Flickr....

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, Mol_PMB said:

The old and the new.

From Dallam Dave on flickr, a pair of brand new shiny out-of-the-box Class 20s in BR blue head south through Warrington, passing a prehistoric rectangular tar tank on a wooden underframe:

1075A D8307 & 8308 passing Dallam with the return 1T60 which was daily test train for these locos when new from Warrington to Shap and ba

Another one for the '1Z** or 1T**' thread - I've never seen 2-for-the-price-of-1 on a test train before, maybe the new loco plus another normal one just-in-case but not 2 the same.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, keefer said:

Another one for the '1Z** or 1T**' thread - I've never seen 2-for-the-price-of-1 on a test train before, maybe the new loco plus another normal one just-in-case but not 2 the same.

Dallam Dave has lots of photos of these Class 20 running-in trains, sometimes one, sometimes two, but the pairs are oriented like this each time. The earlier shots are in green, most in blue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

4 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

Oh!  The Hunslet front plate from that is, er, in my er safe keeping!

Are you sure Neil? The man that removed most of them (and has the sales receipts) was sat in my living room room just a few days ago. I've got the gauges out of it.

11 hours ago, Nearholmer said:

The production line probably turned them out a particular way round, and either there was no facility to turn them, or it wasnt worth the bother.

On this occasion they seem to have turned out a shoebox to go with the wardrobe:

CS301 E6046 and a class 20 at Dallam enroute Dallam - Derby and Hither Green

From Dallam Dave on flickr

• Like 8
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
On 21/02/2022 at 22:21, 37114 said:

Also unusual as it has oval buffers fitted while in green, very rare and nicely modelled 

Oval buffers were reasonably comon on NE based locos, probably due to heavy unfitted trains knocking hell out of the relatively fragile round oleo versions 

• Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, montyburns56 said:

Who had these bins at their school?

Edgbaston 1970s by Geoff Dowling

The bin men cometh

When I worked in a social services department facilities management section, we had the wheeled version for our larger homes and day centres - brand name Paladin.

• Informative/Useful 4