The HAA and extended MGR family, CDA and MHA in OO/4mm, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Artwork for the individual wagons now available on the Accurascale website. Looking really good.

Roy

First batch is also due to leave the factory in the next few weeks!

• Like 3

On 10/06/2021 at 22:14, Accurascale Fran said:

it is very important to remember that first and painted samples are hastily assembled and part of the process of singing them off is to test and to ensure fit and finish is good. In this case it is not and it is on our list for improving and the production models will be much better.

On 10/06/2021 at 22:14, Accurascale Fran said:

Regarding the CDAs, improvements are currently being made to the hood at the factory.

Hi Fran and MCC,

Just wondering, has the hood been tweaked and does the mould line now look better on the production version? Do you have any pictures of this to show us?

Cheers,

Guy

Edited by lyneux

7 minutes ago, Nick-L said:

Thanks for the update.  As production models are in hand, can you give us a demonstration of P4/EM conversion please?  

More to the point  (as in pin), will the factory, this time be supplying axles at 26mm over pin points, if you get my point?  Just to save my getting out my P.A.P.  :smile_mini2:  

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, lyneux said:

Hi Fran and MCC,

Just wondering, has the hood been tweaked and does the mould line now look better on the production version? Do you have any pictures of this to show us?

Cheers,

Guy

Hello @lyneux,

How are you keeping? 

Sure thing! As you can see here, fit has been improved on production samples and we have asked for further finesse on finished models. 

458889204_HAAinterior.jpg.cb8fecb95ccf07266ee7fbfbf65381cd.jpg

(I think we must be the only model company who puts high res close up harsh pics of our models on the web for all to see and not use spud cams. But then again we have supreme confidence in our output I guess!) 

As for CDA I have a revised production part here, showing less curvature. Apologies this one is not painted, but gives a general impression of changes made. 

CDA-roof-2.jpg.bad0e0edd9c1bb59da02dce5d148de44.jpg

28 minutes ago, Nick-L said:

Thanks for the update.  As production models are in hand, can you give us a demonstration of P4/EM conversion please?  

Hi @Nick-L,

Wow, like a bus; no queries on these wagons for a while and then they arrive all at once. I have nothing to hand at the moment, but can confirm axles are the magic 26mm. I'll commission a guide to go on our website to coincide with wagon arrival into stock, but with 26mm axles half the battle is won. Brass bearings too, for extra smoothness!

641573503_ImagefromiOS(53).jpg.e78b0e1be86feec03023ad598cc6fe4e.jpg

Cheers!

Fran 

EDIT - Looks like I answered @Porcy Mane's query when responding!) 

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

Question, when you select the HAA pack on your site, it comes up with HOP AB as built in the description. Does this mean they are the HAA with as built hoppers with the struts? Are you doing the HAA with the rebuilt body without the struts? IE the HDA body without the above platform brake gear? 

Edited by cheesysmith
spelling

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, cheesysmith said:

Question, when you select the HAA pack on your site, it comes up with HOP AB as built in the description. Does this mean they are the HAA with as built hoppers with the struts? Are you doing the HAA with the rebuilt body without the struts? IE the HDA body without the above platform brake gear? 

Hi @cheesysmith,

Correct, they're the earlier style with the struts. We're not doing the rebodied HAA in the first run, but we are doing the almost indistinguishable HMA version which is good for 1990-2000s era modellers. Rebodied HAAs will follow in the second production run and is tooled up.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2

That has made me very happy to hear. 

PS-Can we have more than just three packs of red HAA? Unless you are planning regular release of these, like every two to three months? If so, I can see where most of my modelling budget will be going, and I am not modelling Worksop yard either.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, cheesysmith said:

That has made me very happy to hear. 

PS-Can we have more than just three packs of red HAA? Unless you are planning regular release of these, like every two to three months? If so, I can see where most of my modelling budget will be going, and I am not modelling Worksop yard either.

Thanks! I can assure you that run 2 will feature many, many packs in red. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4

Hello,

Never mind all the excitement about the HAA’s, it’s the 4 packs of MHA’s I’m looking forward to getting. Nice to see the variety/variations offered within the artwork which will just add to the interest in creating a typical engineers working. 

Thanks

Mark

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

Hello,

Never mind all the excitement about the HAA’s, it’s the 4 packs of MHA’s I’m looking forward to getting. Nice to see the variety/variations offered within the artwork which will just add to the interest in creating a typical engineers working. 

Thanks

Mark

Yes, I am on the fence as to whether to bother selling my Hornby ones and buying some of these to run with my JNA Falcons in a mixed rake.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TomScrut said:

buying some of these to run with my JNA Falcons in a mixed rake.

20 Falcon and 20 Coalfish do you ok? It was a long old train, I had to put it away in chunks! The little fishies are just visible in the distance.

Pinky and err, perky?

Freightliner's pink 66587 'As One, We Can'  sits on the Down Reception at Westbury having arrived with 20 Falcon and 20 Coalfish from Didcot East Junction as 6Y17. 66725 and 66798 are stabled to the right, having arrived earlier in the morning.

Jo

Edited by Steadfast
  • Like 3
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, cheesysmith said:

so, when is the rest of the powering britain series of wagons coming? It will be fun when you get to the PO wooden bodied wagons.

Although i want to see the HTO/HTV to go with the HUO you already have done.

Hi @cheesysmith,

I believe we have another member of the series lined up for 2022. However, we do have another all new rolling stock model in OO lined up for announcement this coming Thursday as a Christmas treat…

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 9
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 3