The HAA and extended MGR family, CDA and MHA in OO/4mm, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Just a heads up that we are now sold out of Railfreight Red packs 1 and 2, and are very low of the freight brown, particularly packs 3 and 4 direct, with packs 1 and 2 not a million miles behind.

Retailers should start receiving stock this week, but in the meantime grab them while you can direct: https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/merry-go-round-mgr/availability_in-stock?

Thanks for all the orders so far, they have absolutely flown out since landing last week.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2

The tracking info for mine gets as far as last Friday 'order ready' but with the message that carrier for the tracking number can't be identified. Is this normal? I'm keen to monitor the tracking so I can be in if possible to receive them.

IMG_20220510_102740.jpg

Edited by andyman7

I got quite excited as the tracking showed 'out for delivery'. Then, after refreshing, it went back to 'at the depot ready for despatch'. Then again, the last Parcelforce delivery I was expecting had 'Out for delivery' and then went to 'sent to wrong depot in error'. So hopefully it will arrive tomorrow, ideally when I am in and not chucked over the garden wall as happened once. So close, so close...😀

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Outstanding service from Patrick this afternoon at Accurascale. I’ve ordered and paid for 5 triple packs of HOP-AB/HAA in freight brown. Two triple packs have already arrived, but the remainder were included in an order involving a single Siphon G van, which of course is yet to arrive. Within an hour of me making contact, the remainder of my HAAs have been dispatched. 
Many thanks guys.

Neil 

Edited by Downendian
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I bought my first HAA pack (Railfreight Red - ACC2560 RR1) from my nearest model shop in Chester a few days ago. I've already put in a request for the follow up (2561-RR2), as well as the HDA (2570-2), HMA (2585) and HBA (2590-1) packs.

21 hours ago, Graham108 said:

More like Carlsberg!

I think Mick Dundee was more along the right lines.

Thats not a £25 wagon....THIS is a £25 wagon.

I think I can honestly say these have been the best wagons I've set eyes on, previously it was high end US freight cars from the likes of Tangent and Scaletrains that I felt were representing the best you could buy. My only regret is buying 4 packs, a 12 HAA raft just isn't enough! There is always the next batch though.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

As said somewhere else, could see these knocking PFAs off the top spot - especially the CDA's with their extra niceties!

This is not criticism, but asked in a genuine way, and as constructive comment.

The tension lock couplings on my pack have a tendancy to "droop", just like the HYA.  Just wondering if others experience similar and if for future products the kinematic couplings could be beefed up a little, to combat it?

Railfreight red frame, it does match some photos off a well known website, but obviously photos from the 70's and early 80's do tend to have incorrect colours.  Frame just looks slightly on the pinkish orange side of things, instead of orangey red?  It may just be loft lighting? Would definitely weather well, for those with a tendency for dirty wagons! 

Maybe I am just too used to the red stripe on the bottom of Railfreght Grey locomotives, or with being a kid of the 80's seen too many R249s in my life...  (In fact one of those and a brake van were the first items my dad bought!)

7 hours ago, Gary H said:

Sorry if this has already been covered (ive a feeling it has) ,did the HAA's work with HBA's with the extended tops to the body?

Yes.  Prior to the 1990s the top skips were mainly found in Scotland, and I recall the Cockenzie power station trains being very mixed.  Later far more wagons got top skips and obviously these were not added all at once, so mixed rakes became pretty common elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Torbay Express said:

As said somewhere else, could see these knocking PFAs off the top spot - especially the CDA's with their extra niceties!

This is not criticism, but asked in a genuine way, and as constructive comment.

The tension lock couplings on my pack have a tendancy to "droop", just like the HYA.  Just wondering if others experience similar and if for future products the kinematic couplings could be beefed up a little, to combat it?

Railfreight red frame, it does match some photos off a well known website, but obviously photos from the 70's and early 80's do tend to have incorrect colours.  Frame just looks slightly on the pinkish orange side of things, instead of orangey red?  It may just be loft lighting? Would definitely weather well, for those with a tendency for dirty wagons! 

Maybe I am just too used to the red stripe on the bottom of Railfreght Grey locomotives, or with being a kid of the 80's seen too many R249s in my life...  (In fact one of those and a brake van were the first items my dad bought!)

I think you mean the models seem to have incorrect colours compared to the photos. Well, possibly, due to:

Different colours (BR Bauxite Brown/Experimental Railfreight Red/not Railfreight Red)

Sun bleaching and other environmental conditions (perhaps even the washing of the wagons would have an impact on the colours too)

6 hours ago, JN said:

I think you mean the models seem to have incorrect colours compared to the photos. Well, possibly, due to:

Different colours (BR Bauxite Brown/Experimental Railfreight Red/not Railfreight Red)

Sun bleaching and other environmental conditions (perhaps even the washing of the wagons would have an impact on the colours too)

Hi, what I meant is the colour does match old photos from 70's/80's but the colours on those photos has normally degraded.  Just looks on the pinky orange side of life.

Yes, fade would occur, hence said great for weathering.  MGR's to my knowledge only got washed if fully repainted or PR reasons.  Silver bullets are the only wagons that got regular washing to my knowledge.  Would also expect possibly some nuclear wagons may have got cleaned regularly, to ensure no contamination etc..

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 15/05/2022 at 11:11, Gary H said:

Sorry if this has already been covered (ive a feeling it has) ,did the HAA's work with HBA's with the extended tops to the body?

not a mix and match in this picture, two rakes side by side, but i’m pretty sure they did… Knottingley Spring 1992.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1