The HAA and extended MGR family, CDA and MHA in OO/4mm, by Accurascale

13 hours ago, aureol40012 said:

I have to say that the despatch of these seems to be being done with utmost efficiency! I have placed 3 orders, one when announced, and two more more recently, and all 3 have now been despatched (separately but in the correct order) with only twelve hours between first and last!

Apparently the warehouse is a bit like Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory, but with Leprechaun's, and Guinness river hence slick operation.  

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, aureol40012 said:

It bodes well for the Deltics ;-)

They are doing the purple one in person with medical crash team in support,just in case ones knees give way once the fork truck is removed.Good job they dont do grey at all.

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, aureol40012 said:

Now that is efficiency!  Love the silvered buffer shanks…..

7ED3008F-E303-421D-B32A-23DC2114F00B.jpeg

CD5D74F6-4A13-43B0-B792-4365EBE9ADFD.jpeg

7CEBFEC6-6BF4-46C7-B119-792D344AE761.jpeg

Can't beat a good shank.  The bits between the 4 shanks look good too though, I must say.  

The middle photo just screams HAA!  HAA!  HAA!  (Sorry Fran, I just couldn't resist!). 

Certainly has the last laugh over some recent red boxes with an RRP of £84.99.....HAA! HAA! HAA! (He! He!)

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Received my 9 wagons this morning and managed a quick inspection over lunch. Very happy.

And if you need any ideals for the future batch, there are some great photos of the original bodied HAAs with top skips/canopies in Scotland in the mid 80s (Millerhill, Leith, Ayr, etc) on Paul Bartlett's website. 🙂

PJ10

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, PJ10 said:

Received my 9 wagons this morning and managed a quick inspection over lunch. Very happy.

And if you need any ideals for the future batch, there are some great photos of the original bodied HAAs with top skips/canopies in Scotland in the mid 80s (Millerhill, Leith, Ayr, etc) on Paul Bartlett's website. 🙂

PJ10

Oh yes, more certainly soon :) 

Several of the in-stock SKU;s are now down to under 20 units left  - don't delay!

• RMweb Gold

My 12 are here (6 red / 6 brown) and they look absolutely superb. Top job fellas.

My big roundy-roundy track in my new home office will not be available until late in the year, but I shall give them a run out on my Kato Unitrack test track over the weekend.

Roy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Torbay Express said:

Can't beat a good shank.  The bits between the 4 shanks look good too though, I must say.  

The middle photo just screams HAA!  HAA!  HAA!  (Sorry Fran, I just couldn't resist!). 

Certainly has the last laugh over some recent red boxes with an RRP of £84.99.....HAA! HAA! HAA! (He! He!)

I'm looking forward to mine, but I don't really view this as a Hornby/Accurascale competition; it appears these are flying off the shelves and will soon be gone, and I'm sure the Hornby ones will sell too. Then there are the Cavalex ones too. It's great to have a choice, I don't need to view it as some sort of gladiatorial contest 😀

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, andyman7 said:

I'm looking forward to mine, but I don't really view this as a Hornby/Accurascale competition; it appears these are flying off the shelves and will soon be gone, and I'm sure the Hornby ones will sell too. Then there are the Cavalex ones too. It's great to have a choice, I don't need to view it as some sort of gladiatorial contest 😀

choice and keen pricing always benefits the consumer and ultimately the market. 

the rest of our range of MGRs will be here shortly and our extensive retail network all have their (full) allocations. 

beyond that who knows but I’m sure more will be coming :) 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, andyman7 said:

It's not a gladiatorial contest, the lovely red box crew have decided to do lots of them, in view of the new entrants, just as per Hattons 66, Hattons Genius, Terrier, announcing Class 91 and probably explains the flood of Railroad 37s. 

Free world, free market, competition is good, and every one can produce what they want and as a customer I can compare to ensure I get the best product to meet my needs.  They stepped into the ring........

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 05/05/2022 at 06:58, McC said:

The other variants in the range and the mha wagons (and a few more items) are due to be loaded in the next two weeks 

These 'few more items' -are they announced items or not?

Just opened my pack of HAA's all I can say is wow -I grew up alongside the fiddlers ferry coal line and saw the HAA's almost daily, while not claiming to be an expert these models really capture the look to me great job all round!

Cheers

Mark

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Fran et al,

I’m going to hazard a guess that the real life brown wagons had their control handles painted white in different places to the red ones and that this isn’t a painting error, especially as it is replicated across all the wagons I’ve got!

Do we know why this variation happened in real life?

006E958E-9A60-45B7-AB94-66075191CC54.jpeg

C54AB289-E939-4DB5-A620-9512B45927E3.jpeg

Edited by aureol40012

6 hours ago, aureol40012 said:

Hi Fran et al,

I’m going to hazard a guess that the real life brown wagons had their control handles painted white in different places to the red ones and that this isn’t a painting error, especially as it is replicated across all the wagons I’ve got!

What does the pack artwork show on the A/S website?  That should provide you with the answer 

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Torbay Express said:

What does the pack artwork show on the A/S website?  That should provide you with the answer 

I would have thought looking at @hmrspaul’s excellent site would give a better answer as that will have photos of the prototype. 

Personally, I trust the A/S lads to have got it right. 

Roy

9 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

I@hmrspauls

Personally, I trust the A/S lads to have got it right. 

Roy

Bold statement.....

Usually 'In god we trust, others pay cash!'

Could get expensive if we have to start offering pints of Guinness to the gods to get models we want.....

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
56 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Are there any available singly? I have no need for but can justify one in the museum siding.

Buy a pack and e bay the other two single items,once the packs are sold out you would probably wind up getting the other one for little to nothing.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 07/05/2022 at 14:57, aureol40012 said:

Hi Fran et al,

Hi @aureol40012,

We went off real pics and copied them from sources such as the Paul Bartlett site. Have no idea why they were painted in different spots, but we decided to replicate on our models as per pics.

HAA Railfreight red pack 1 is now sold out on our website, with several other packs with less than 10 remaining. They have been flying out. Snap up the others before they go, or check out our retail network if you need more!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Are you st

3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @aureol40012,

We went off real pics and copied them from sources such as the Paul Bartlett site. Have no idea why they were painted in different spots, but we decided to replicate on our models as per pics.

HAA Railfreight red pack 1 is now sold out on our website, with several other packs with less than 10 remaining. They have been flying out. Snap up the others before they go, or check out our retail network if you need more!

Cheers!

Fran 

Are you guys still packing pre-orders?

Mine is still showing as not packed.

Not being a needy git or anything but dont want to miss out, as you say, I notice that one pack of the 7 I have on pre-order is already sold out.

These seem to be flying off the shelves!!

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Gary H said:

Are you st

Are you guys still packing pre-orders?

Mine is still showing as not packed.

Not being a needy git or anything but dont want to miss out, as you say, I notice that one pack of the 7 I have on pre-order is already sold out.

These seem to be flying off the shelves!!

Is the order mixed with other things perhaps? Pretty much everything is shipped, so definitely hop into live chat, or drop us a line with your order ID and we can check for you.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

My 18 arrived today and they are stunning!

Good grief you will be giving DBS a run for their money! Hope your loco fleet have had their Weetabix 😛

Edited by Br60066
  • Like 1