Bachmann announce Class 69 in OO and N.

AY Mod

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

Hope so, it's the one I want!

Livery probably suits being a CC model too.

Or a dealer only commission..

• Agree 2

I must admit, I'm really quite excited about these. It's been difficult to choose which one to pre-order. 

I've gone with 005. I think I'd also like 004 if it's announced but then I'd have two celebs (are they celebs?) and no bog standard one!

Edited by Denny
  • Friendly/supportive 1

15 hours ago, Denny said:

I must admit, I'm really quite excited about these. It's been difficult to choose which one to pre-order. 

I've gone with 005. I think I'd also like 004 if it's announced but then I'd have two celebs (are they celebs?) and no bog standard one!

Likewise excited. I don’t think there will be a bog standard one – won’t they all have different liveries?

31 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

Likewise excited. I don’t think there will be a bog standard one – won’t they all have different liveries?

I suppose the livery carried by 69003 can be considered the "standard" one for this small and varied fleet: It's the same livery as applied to 69006 and 008 (just waiting to see now what colours 69009 and 010 appear in).

17 minutes ago, Cruachan said:

I suppose the livery carried by 69003 can be considered the "standard" one for this small and varied fleet: It's the same livery as applied to 69006 and 008 (just waiting to see now what colours 69009 and 010 appear in).

Perhaps. It’s the livery which attracts me for that reason but I’ve always fancied the “tunnel” livery, with the blue/red half- circles.

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Cruachan said:

“Standard” Good luck with that 😄

The 69’s are painted as a model manufacturers dream!

69003 has GBrailfreight branding below the go faster stripe on the cab, 69006 has it above the stripe…

69008 might be closer to 69003 with branding below, but of course its got the extra socket on the front 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

“Standard” Good luck with that 😄

The 69’s are painted as a model manufacturers dream!

69003 has GBrailfreight branding below the go faster stripe on the cab, 69006 has it above the stripe…

69008 might be closer to 69003 with branding below, but of course its got the extra socket on the front 

I had a feeling someone would be able to note the detail differences that I couldn't spot. 🙂 

Truly no two quite alike, then. Potentially a model manufacturer's minefield where the differences are comparatively minor.

Edited by Cruachan
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
51 minutes ago, Cruachan said:

I had a feeling someone would be able to note the detail differences that I couldn't spot. 🙂 

Truly no two quite alike, then. Potentially a model manufacturer's minefield where the differences are comparatively minor.

Not just liveries. The cab profiles vary according to the batch that the donor comes from. Just compare the ledge under the front cab windows of 001 with 002 for starters. 001 is gently curved/ridged, 002 is flat and angular. Cab door handrails can also vary.  Some are round, some are flat. 69004 has both!

Edited by newbryford
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, The Meerkat said:

what's difference with sound fitted and sound deluxe on the 69?,   is it con by Bachmann to get more money during cost of living or is it with what you get its worth it ???

Have you read the descriptions on Bachmann’s website, which tell you the features of each version?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, The Meerkat said:

Auto-Release Coupling System (Fitted at both ends)

how does that work if using nem couplings,  i never seen Bachmann Auto-Release Coupling System

That's not been made clear yet though I would imagine they will clip in and out using nems and connect electrically via a small plug.

7 minutes ago, NBL said:

That's not been made clear yet though I would imagine they will clip in and out using nems and connect electrically via a small plug.

47 minutes ago, The Meerkat said:

Auto-Release Coupling System (Fitted at both ends)

how does that work if using nem couplings,  i never seen Bachmann Auto-Release Coupling System

I believe it was stated in the Hornby Magazine video that it is a NEM socket. But the auto-uncoupler is part of the tension lock coupling and has a easy to disconnect electrical connection (i would guess something think most Hornby steam locos)

Edited by Bryn_Bach_Railway

• RMweb Premium

The auto uncoupler is discussed in some depth in the Class 30/31 thread, but you can see the difference between the standard and auto uncoupler versions in the unpainted images above - the Romanian built loco on the left has the standard version whereas the other two have the auto uncoupler identifiable by the bronze coloured metal.

As to the model, to me the later cab front with the flat shelf looks better than the curved versions on which the outer ends seem to drop too low. But it may be an illusion and I really need to see a painted version to judge properly.

thank you for the information im getting a better understanding,

just one more question, i get loco has auto uncoupler,  bit would you need another uncoupler nem for example for the Dapol IOA network rail wagons so it unhooks both hooks from loco and wagon?

22 minutes ago, The Meerkat said:

thank you for the information im getting a better understanding,

just one more question, i get loco has auto uncoupler,  bit would you need another uncoupler nem for example for the Dapol IOA network rail wagons so it unhooks both hooks from loco and wagon?

You need to watch the Bachmann video of the class 30/31 uncoupler in action.  

Edited by Covkid

11 hours ago, romley midland said:
10 hours ago, NBL said:
10 hours ago, Bryn_Bach_Railway said:

2 hours ago, brushman47544 said:
1 minute ago, Covkid said:

You need to watch the Bachmann video of the class 30/31 uncoupler om action.  

thank you all for helping me understand, will have to look for that video later on :)