Bachmann announce Class 69 in OO and N.

AY Mod

32 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Two shout outs about the EP, as its raw its not cleaned up, but it reveals a tooling line running roof to floor in front of the cab windows suggesting its possible to do early and later series ends…

3E8EC3BE-0681-470D-BDD3-5136CC9F53DC.jpeg.6cf552f70e675a0e2a46b786d7b5833c.jpeg

(Gosh its got a Pinocchio nose light) :-)

but what i’m really drawn to is this bogie….

just look at this work of art..

6311B2AE-A6B4-4BB6-9EAD-9DAED0FD69F2.jpeg.0ccda1682d16add908a434c0ceef70f4.jpeg

For a first EP, I think this is off to a good start.

A first EP, I thought it was a finished model in workshop condition 🤣

image.png.bc06a92d2a6f214d634af3ccf5fb1e23.png

• Funny 4

3 minutes ago, Craig1989 said:

When will these be available for preorder? 

cheers Craig 

Assuming there isn't going to be a special announcement beforehand, I would guess the quarterly announcement before release.

As for when they will be released, I would guess between 12 & 24 months from when it reached the EP stage

10 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Two shout outs about the EP, as its raw its not cleaned up, but it reveals a tooling line running roof to floor in front of the cab windows suggesting its possible to do early and later series ends…

3E8EC3BE-0681-470D-BDD3-5136CC9F53DC.jpeg.6cf552f70e675a0e2a46b786d7b5833c.jpeg

(Gosh its got a Pinocchio nose light) :-)

but what i’m really drawn to is this bogie….

just look at this work of art..

6311B2AE-A6B4-4BB6-9EAD-9DAED0FD69F2.jpeg.0ccda1682d16add908a434c0ceef70f4.jpeg

For a first EP, I think this is off to a good start.

Those bogies look amazing 👍

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, big jim said:

not sure now really but it was the first thing that my eye got drawn to when I saw the pics 

IMG_3618.jpeg.82887e1b7e83b5e41e1a28da399e2b90.jpeg

IMG_3619.jpeg.0e1bd4dff9887d2f2e553eb08824f9ed.jpeg

Me too, but compared with the prototype, they aren’t that bad in my opinion. Probably need a bit of adjustment as they will get painted yet. 

Roy

1 hour ago, Roy Langridge said:

Me too, but compared with the prototype, they aren’t that bad in my opinion. Probably need a bit of adjustment as they will get painted yet. 

Roy

I think it would be interesting to see a painted sample. The issue on the real thing is the rectangular plinth is body coloured and the light unit is black. The EPs all the same colour create the illusion (IMO) that it's all in one bit

For clarity - is everyone talking about the same lights?

The centre light is a marker light.

Clearly this protrudes too, and should be a simple fix, or perhaps even just the part pushed in too far from behind.

The black BMAC clusters feature the markers and head lights.

They are chunkier in real life than the old spec BMACs (such as 59s, 60, as built 66s etc) and look about right I'd say.

Jo

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I’m on about the BMAC lights looking too chunky, didn’t even notice the lens until pointed out, as you say I suspect it’s just been pushed in too far from behind 

Looking again I think it’s more of an illusion as it’s all over grey so you can’t see a clear distinction between the cluster and the mounting plate, hopefully when a painted sample arrives it will look fine 

• RMweb Gold
On 27/11/2023 at 19:34, big jim said:

not sure now really but it was the first thing that my eye got drawn to when I saw the pics 

IMG_3618.jpeg.82887e1b7e83b5e41e1a28da399e2b90.jpeg

IMG_3619.jpeg.0e1bd4dff9887d2f2e553eb08824f9ed.jpeg

Is it just me or does the bottom half of the cab front look to flat compared to the real one. And not sure about the top of the quarter light looks wrong but it’s still an engineering prototype so hopefully will be sorted. 

Edited by farren

Looks a promising model, I guess everyone is waiting with bated breath to see what liveries are announced………….and of course the price, and how the finer general details ie elements of the bogies compare with with the cavelex 56.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, marshy said:

The price is going to be the problem in my opinion

As a new Co-Co diesel itis going to be a minimum of £200 RRP I imagine - just like any other similar modeller - except one from ~Accurascale, which seems more reasonable in my opinion.  

How much does the Cavalex class 56 work out at ?

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Covkid said:

As a new Co-Co diesel itis going to be a minimum of £200 RRP I imagine - just like any other similar modeller - except one from ~Accurascale, which seems more reasonable in my opinion.  

How much does the Cavalex class 56 work out at ?

image.png.2083441b9fd8770647e49a55f3553d1d.png

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I guess the answer is to wait for Cavalex or Accurascale to make a class 69 if the Bachmann one is considered too expensive.  Model trains are different to many other categories of goods, if you want a 69 this is it, the alternative is to hope someone else does it. A reasonable expectation for major types but I am not sure anyone else is going to show much interest in this type.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, marshy said:

Sure ive seen the Cavelex 56 at £189

Then there's the Dapol class 59 at 190 quid (list). So basically it's Bachmann and Hornby on the wrong side of the 200 quid (list) mark.

7 hours ago, jjb1970 said:

I guess the answer is to wait for Cavalex or Accurascale to make a class 69 if the Bachmann one is considered too expensive.  

You'll be waiting a long time as Bachmann have the exclusive rights to N and OO gauge models of the Class 69.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, jjb1970 said:

I guess the answer is to wait for Cavalex or Accurascale to make a class 69 if the Bachmann one is considered too expensive.  Model trains are different to many other categories of goods, if you want a 69 this is it, the alternative is to hope someone else does it. A reasonable expectation for major types but I am not sure anyone else is going to show much interest in this type.

if Bachmann are clever, they will underball production of the class 69 and go for a couple of liveries.. that will ensure a sell out at a higher price, its a brand new unduplicated class. 

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 1