Bachmann announce Class 69 in OO and N.

AY Mod

• RMweb Premium

Pics of a maroon 69009 starting to appear...

Arlington Fleet Services page

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=900991952028142&set=pcb.900992025361468

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=900992008694803&set=pcb.900992025361468

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, vanbasher said:

Looking forward to someone announcing an exclusive 69009 as that's the best livery I've seen on one yet! 

On the Arlington Facebook page there was comment made about Bachmann sponsoring 69009’s repaint, so maybe a collectors club model?

May or may not be true. Time will tell…..

• Like 1

20 hours ago, vanbasher said:

Looking forward to someone announcing an exclusive 69009 as that's the best livery I've seen on one yet! 

I’ve amassed pics of all nine and, after perusing them, I think you”re right. Acting with maximum restraint, I think I’ll go for this one and a standard GBRf one. I’m sure Bachy will do a good job. A Collectors’ Club issue is a good idea. I wonder if one will appear in GBRf’s Tunnel livery; that would be lovely.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Nothing was given away about the price of this yesterday, other than a wry smile :-)

I did hear a “maybe” for end of year delivery.

Edited by adb968008
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, Ravel said:

Makes you wonder if a 56 is on the cards? As I understand the conversion program below the solebar remains quite similar?

A waste of time if you ask me, when Cavalex’s offering is that good…

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, WCML100 said:

A waste of time if you ask me, when Cavalex’s offering is that good…

And reasonably priced 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Legend said:

And reasonably priced 

but they have all sold out and run 2 is not for some time. take your point though allot of cost for what would be a high risk return

Bachmann must have talked with GBRF and can see a good profit margin in multiple liveries, plus if they don't do the 69...who will?.....

13 hours ago, Ravel said:

Makes you wonder if a 56 is on the cards? As I understand the conversion program below the solebar remains quite similar?

....you may as well ask the question....will Hornby upgrade their super detail 56 with a 69 body shell?

I would have thought that could be more likely - undercut Bachmann and make use of their 56 chassis tooling they had already developed...?

Edited by letterspider

17 hours ago, letterspider said:

will Hornby upgrade their super detail 56 with a 69 body shell?

I thought it was said that the 69 was exclusive to Bachmann when they announced it

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
On 24/03/2024 at 21:36, letterspider said:

....you may as well ask the question....will Hornby upgrade their super detail 56 with a 69 body shell?

I would have thought that could be more likely - undercut Bachmann and make use of their 56 chassis tooling they had already developed...?

On 25/03/2024 at 15:25, TomScrut said:

I thought it was said that the 69 was exclusive to Bachmann when they announced it

Why upgrade it, when you can just release a 56 and put a class 69 number on it ?

IMG_2779.jpeg

IMG_2788.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

13 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Why upgrade it, when you can just release a 56 and put a class 69 number on it ?

I expect there's still a licensing issue, given the word (IIRC) used was "exclusive" I presume GBRF aren't allowed to let anyone else do one in OO (and N perhaps)?

However I do expect there's an element of tongue in cheek with your statement given their record with 57s that look a little too much like 47s.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

I like the look of these and would go for both 69 005 and 69009 just for the liveries just as I did for the 56 DCR Cavalex model which by the way is rather splendid.

Wow the bar certainly gets raised with every new model launch !