Cavalex - all new Class 56 in OO

AY Mod

13 hours ago, Kaput said:

Factory sound will be a Loksound 5 DCC.

Having just done a quick read of mine (factory-fitted), I can confirm it's a LokSound 5 DCC.

I would love to see 56036, it's personal for me as this loco and I started our railway career together. Indeed I remember sitting in the mess room at Coalville waiting to be interviewed as the newly out shopped engine rolled past the window!

1 hour ago, Fredo said:

Hi,

How about 56042  with experimental CP1 bogies? Although I guess that’s altered tooling. Fred 

It would be good to see, would need complete new bogie frames tooled, although could use the inner bogies and gear train from the forthcoming 60 

Just got round to filming one of my class 56's the other day and thought I'd load it on here for you. This is 56049 Colas livery with tankers. A selection of Bachmann, Revolution and someone else's as well. (Cav/Alex, you will know!). Still need to do some weathering on the tankers and the loco for a bit more realism.

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 minutes ago, Tony Walker said:

Just got round to filming one of my class 56's the other day and thought I'd load it on here for you. This is 56049 Colas livery with tankers. A selection of Bachmann, Revolution and someone else's as well. (Cav/Alex, you will know!). Still need to do some weathering on the tankers and the loco for a bit more realism.

Love that.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Sorry if I've missed this, I do follow the thread as best I can, but were the non-sound decoders that were being done (to the same specs as the sound (minus sound of course)) released?

Happy to wait if not, just don't want to miss them.

Thanks in advance for any replies

1 hour ago, Alycidon said:

Sorry if I've missed this, I do follow the thread as best I can, but were the non-sound decoders that were being done (to the same specs as the sound (minus sound of course)) released?

Happy to wait if not, just don't want to miss them.

Thanks in advance for any replies

The file is available free of charge on the ESU website if you are able to blow your own decoders or you can order a pre blown decoder from our retailers or Road and Rails.

Was online a couple of weeks ago when Rails put their last 56s on line, all of them being in-house weathered versions.  I’m always a little cautious with “production line” weathering (they had lots available), but I have to say I’m chuffed to bits with what I got. Anyone know who did the weathering for them?

0834B9D5-0C2C-4318-9480-44890B1E2931.jpeg

C20F6B11-E2E0-45A8-9599-87E5C6B1B27C.jpeg

60DC686B-17D3-4651-A1AA-E90F745F21BD.jpeg

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

Was online a couple of weeks ago when Rails put their last 56s on line, all of them being in-house weathered versions.  I’m always a little cautious with “production line” weathering (they had lots available), but I have to say I’m chuffed to bits with what I got. Anyone know who did the weathering for them?

They have a chap who does it for them in house. Not sure what his name is.

1 hour ago, aureol40012 said:

It looks as though its been kept in a chicken shed!

• Funny 4

13 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

It looks as though its been kept in a chicken shed!

I have to agree !  The light colour weathering wash Just doesn't look right .  This is how a weathered 56070 should look. However, each to their own.

Edited by Alcanman
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Alcanman said:

I have to agree !  The light colour weathering wash Just doesn't look right .  This is how a weathered 56070 should look. However, each to their own.

Judging by damp ground....the weathering been given a damp coating....Will look different dry

I think the question I’d ask with rails is , “ show me the photo of that loco looking like that “.

There’s a fair percentage of imaginary weathering going on ….what people think weathering looks like rather than the reality . Should always be based on the real loco I feel 

• Like 1
  • Agree 10

22 hours ago, aureol40012 said:

I can see why you're pleased with it!

Being honest, it looks quite heavy going but the bogies scream out dirty metalwork to me, especially with the cleaner exposed parts and the way it picks out Cavalex's attention to physical details in the bogie is particularly impressive.

I remember seeing many locos looking rather worn over the years, especially those stored in yards which tend to look along the lines of the model you have.  A loco towards the end of its life perhaps... maybe on its last freight outings?

Recieved my Class 56's which are great I have fitted a Gaugemaster DCC 21 pin chip to both of them but I cant seem to activate the cab lights can anybody enlighten me as to how these are activated please, many thanks 

Chris