Hornby 2022 - Diesel/Electric Range

AY Mod

1 hour ago, Global said:

The trouble is, it’s all very well them tooling the different light clusters etc but can they be trusted to actually use the correct ones when they produce the models?! 

It seems beyond them to use the correct roof on a buffet or the right interior for a standard class coach so I wouldn’t hold out much hope! Lol. Didn’t the recent 31/1 use a 31/4 body?!! 

Looking at the new LNER farewell pair they can't even paint or number them right either. It is very worrying.

Cheers,

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Mark Dickerson said:

More tempting than the Special Ed Black 08 (Why? Why??) given the likely price point, but the announced green one might also work with some new transfers. (Not that they were used much?)

Thats what I was thinking. The LT ones were finished in what was a standard Sentinel colour and the proposed green livery for the NCB one appears to be the same colour. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, NSC said:

Odd not to include Connex (South Central and South Eastern), especially as that was very common sight back in the early 2000s! 

Those were Horrible liveries for a tread braked Mk1 slam door unit!

There is a reason BR generally steered away from White liveries - and the Connex livery showed why with the white becoming a light beige from brake dust and highlighting all the dirt build up around door hinges etc

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 47423 said:

Also had white too 

NSE fiddled about with liveries and decals on an almost weekly basis.:jester:

That particular example looks so fresh that the paint can barely have been dry....

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Dunsignalling said:

NSE fiddled about with liveries and decals on an almost weekly basis.:jester:

That particular example looks so fresh that the paint can barely have been dry....

One year earlier.....

It gained black window frames around 89 I believe. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Given that the recent GBRf 60095 and imminent 60026 are almost exclusively used on them, there would be good sales of the Drax hoppers.

I agree these are prime choices (and as you say they don't do much else), DB and GBRF pull them with 66s as well. I have 60095 in my possession and AS IIAs on order, but will use a GBRF or DB 66 to pull the Hornby ones I think. Today has been expensive enough without going after 60026.

66076 Melton Ross 6H75 (1DX_2998P)

66756 Plumley 160721 2Q2A5261-a

Not my pics, all found on Flickr (link takes you to the info)

Edited by TomScrut
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, The Black Prince said:

Cheers, are Kernow still charging at the point of order ?

The card processing system requires Kernow to initially charge for preorders and then credit back the same amount within a short timeframe.  So, in effect, they don’t charge at point of order as the purchaser doesn’t have to settle the bill until the items are in stock and being shipped.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

31 without waist level banding again! My layout is crying out for some blue and GFYE 31s but without the band they just look wrong and at over 200 quid they can get stuffed. Why one earth can't they do a partial retool . 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 47423 said:

One year earlier.....

It gained black window frames around 89 I believe. 

Did they do both ends with black frames? It's probably luck with the photos I've seen that I've only ever seen the black frames on one cab?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dj_crisp said:

Did they do both ends with black frames? It's probably luck with the photos I've seen that I've only ever seen the black frames on one cab?

Yes, pictures on Flickr of Num 1 and Num 2 cabs with Black frames.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hornby cant go around calling a single wagon "a pack" for heavens sake....

Glad the Mk3 slsm door got a retool which i wishlisted rather than predicted this year and equally glad they havent announced executive or blue/grey loco hauled versions yet.....it gives me ample time to ssve......having said that I am seeing and feeling the draw towards O gauge now given the prices of 00 and where they heading but am out of touch with 0 gauge price increases of late....are they also seeing big hikes???

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, phil-b259 said:

There is a reason BR generally steered away from White liveries - and the Connex livery showed why with the white becoming a light beige from brake dust and highlighting all the dirt build up around door hinges etc

Exhibit A.  Dire Scotrail HST livery

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, russ p said:

31 without waist level banding again! My layout is crying out for some blue and GFYE 31s but without the band they just look wrong and at over 200 quid they can get stuffed. Why one earth can't they do a partial retool .

Because there's nothing else except their own Lima retread around.

I'll be looking when the blue one appears to see exactly what they've done and whether they've got the details consistent for the loco. The website says pre-tops ???

The Railroad Fragonset 31 is tempting plus a chance to do some modelling on it.

Stu

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RP82 said:

Wow excellent, lots of modern era stuff. Better start saving now for the 60s and FGW HST.

I wonder how they will tackle the nose on 37116? Also the last time I saw a Colas 67 the yellow and orange extended further down. Or has it has had a recent repaint? 

The publicity image  off 37116 on page 1 shows it as having refurbished loco bodyside grills on the noses, so thats not great either.

Sorry this has wierdly posted in wagons when it should be in D+E. Dont know how to move it.

Edited by KDG
Apology for posting in wrong topic

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, westie7 said:

Exhibit A.  Dire Scotrail HST livery

To be fair the smooth Mk3 bodyshell (particularly the ones retro fitted with sliding doors) are better - less nooks and crannies for the dirt to hide, plus they had / have disc rather than tread brakes which results in less brake dust being generated.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Sir TophamHatt said:

Maybe I'll grab it if the price drops a little...  considering a few years back I bought a rake of 5 coaches and a loco for around the same price.

Well it kind of is a 4 car train, plus a loco, if you consider that back pack thingy in the middle.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Waverley47708 said:

I see the black cab roof has made an appearance again on the Railroad HST.  Just like it did when the Blue Grey version was first announced a few years ago.  On that occasion  when released it had the correct yellow cab roof.  Hopefully the black roof will change colour when released.

I'm no expert on NSE, but is the black window surround correct on the NSE Class 50.  I've has a quick google search and it looks like it should be white.

Screenshot_20220110-214702_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220110-214720_Samsung Internet.jpg

You've called it right on both…

HSTs don't wear black flatcaps.

NSE50’s don’t wear batman masks.

tbh it feels like much of Hornby's livery research is being done for them on this site today.

in my industry we used to do “bugfests” on code, where everyone stopped their day job for the day, got to play with the “final” pre-release version, and got a bonus for each new bug found, with a mega-ball for the most critical one captured. Occasionally it delayed release, but otherwise teams were “armed” to deal with them. Everyone from finance to support agrees its a good day, as the alternative is the customer calling you with it, at differing levels of stress, threats etc.

I think there might be a lesson to learn there.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 5

Some NSE class 50’s the white surround didn’t extend as far as the doors.  This is Exeter in July 1987.  The white roof level band is quite high compared to 50026.  Just did a search and it seems 50044 went to NSE livery at Doncaster 11/86, and was the first to lose the original NSE livery when it was repainted in August 1987.

08706DED-EA29-4BCE-AEB8-58D25B3993AC.jpeg

Edited by Lee1975
  • Like 5

Very nice two 755s! ( I'd like one of these) FGW "Fag Packet" wow it looks amazing! with MK3 coaches. (do i want another HST?!:you: BR110 a long awaited good return just when I bought a new sealed original 1983 model as well in 2018! :laugh: ah they are slowly listening ah a BR Class 37 in blue oh wait it's BR Blue Railfreight but its very nice it'll look great with some correct wagons! Wow BR Class 37 in IC Swallow thats very nice funnily enough I was thinking about that livery a few days ago just a bit :o to actually see it! A new 4-VEP very nice to see back in the range! hmm I might just stick with my 2016 one!) Nice new 31s and a newly tooled 0-6-0 Sentinel very nice!

Edited by RyanN91
Typo
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

There are so many errors on 50044:- 

Black window surrounds incorrect (should be white)

TOPS Data panel missing

Numbers are too small (should be same size as lowercase lettering in Network)

Crest is missing

Orange cantrail stripe too low

White gutter stripe missing

2 warning flashes between radiators (should be 1)

Blue is too light

See: flic.kr/p/9GW6ra

An absolute joke for £224

Edited by blackpete
Missing info
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, KDG said:

Looks like Drax wagons are sold out already? (Hope they don't appear on ebay later at inflated prices)

48 minutes ago, Ollie P Learning OO gauge said:

Does anyone know where the DRAX wagons can be found? Absolutely gutted I missed the kernel slot I had no clue which were tier 1 and so I just missed it completely. 

It seems a bit strange to me. Kernow are the only dealer I could find that had listed them, and they had a similar description to the one in the pics in the first post. I can't help but wonder if they have been pulled or something? I doubt they'll have only sold them through one place and Kernow is the only place I have seen anyone being able to find them.

Edited by TomScrut
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, blackpete said:

There are so many errors on 50044:- 

Black window surrounds incorrect (should be white)

TOPS Data panel missing

Numbers are too small (should be same size as lowercase lettering in Network)

Crest is missing

Orange cantrail stripe too low

White gutter stripe missing

2 warning flashes between radiators (should be 1)

Blue is too light

See: flic.kr/p/9GW6ra

An absolute joke for £224

The white gutter rail stripe on the Doncaster painted ones is higher than ones painted at other depots.  If you look the white stripe it is above the gutter line, squeezing under the Headcode box and above the doors.  The top half of the doors being completely blue.  

On other ones such as 026, the top half of the door is white and the top of the white gutter rail is in line with the top of the doors.

• Like 1