Class 31, by Accurascale - It's time 2 Brush Up!

I thought these were potentially going to overtake the Class 66 delivery, some people reminding that they won't necessarily be using the same factory for everything?  !!

For me, it's not a problem, honest guv!!

It's looking like it'll be yet another Accurascale masterpiece!!

Al.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
53 minutes ago, carefreeroz said:

Yes, I think that's Batch 1 which is just the Blue ones. Fran can confirm if that's correct....

I’ve just coughed up for mine and got some more points to go towards something nice. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Can't put my finger on why but I think this is my favourite loco of all time and the model above is also going to the top of my particular chart 🙂 

Edited by Chilly

• RMweb Gold

I have plain green one on order, my wallet's hoping they don't do plain green skinhead too soon but given they're working on class 30 sound I suspect that may be in next tranche

• RMweb Gold

Hi folks,

I know I said we would have an update on the 31s this week, but the factories have been off due to a festival and will be back next week. We just need to confirm some further details and we will post the full update then.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

On 03/05/2024 at 16:11, Chilly said:

Can't put my finger on why but I think this is my favourite loco of all time and the model above is also going to the top of my particular chart 🙂 

Haha.

By contrast, as an "LM man" I started to hate the 31s after the first three were reallocated to the LM region to start the eradication of class 25. IIRC those were 31139 31149 and 31152. 

However, I did need a blue 70s 31 si D5544 will be my token "Mirrlees" on my trainset. I admit the model really does capture the very complex features of the Brush type twos.

Maybe they will be delivered in the next 12 weeks or so. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

29 minutes ago, The Meerkat said:

just let you all know,  accurascale has updated the project status page,  the class 31 is now in transit 

I wonder if this is just Batch 1, or Batch 2 as well. Hopefully the delay on Batch 2 isnt that bad

• Like 1

They said one was incoming. I presume news keeps changing tho so they are holding off until they have the most correct info. 

No good saying something only to find it's out of date as soon as it's posted. 🙂

• Agree 2

On 13/05/2024 at 19:21, Albie the plumber said:

looking forward to this one ! 20240427_142149.jpg.b770100fbe4bcb5932290bf80e9b6378.jpg

That image at that scale is truly stunning.  Cannot wait for my D5544.  

Shouldn't really say this Hornby have most definitely been caught napping with BR diesels.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, LNERandBR said:

They said one was incoming. I presume news keeps changing tho so they are holding off until they have the most correct info. 

No good saying something only to find it's out of date as soon as it's posted. 🙂

Indeed that, plus after attending the Rails 'Take Over' day through the weekend, the marketing Dept are a little light :) 

• Friendly/supportive 1

7 hours ago, Covkid said:

That image at that scale is truly stunning.  Cannot wait for my D5544.  

Shouldn't really say this Hornby have most definitely been caught napping with BR diesels.

I suppose the worst thing Hornby did was stay still in terms of product improvement . they probably didn't see any need to do so .

That however was before Accurascale came along .

To say that Accurascale have upset the model railway establishment's apple cart is somewhat an understatement . 

• Agree 8

7 hours ago, Albie the plumber said:

I suppose the worst thing Hornby did was stay still in terms of product improvement . they probably didn't see any need to do so .

That however was before Accurascale came along .

To say that Accurascale have upset the model railway establishment's apple cart is somewhat an understatement . 

Hornby probably won't notice until Accurascale do some LNER pacifics and Gresley coaches...

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Mophead45143 said:

Hornby probably won't notice until Accurascale do some LNER pacifics and Gresley coaches...

Hornby hasn’t produced the Thompson A2/1 and neither has Bachmann. 😇