Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 31, by Accurascale - It's time 2 Brush Up!

• RMweb Gold

No official announcement and no sound fitted option?

I just read 250 DCC fitted 250 sound fitted?Linkm to key publishing from twitter.

https://www.keymodelworld.com/article/key-publishing-limited-edition-accurascale-class-31-31276?utm_campaign=kmw social&utm_content=239269512&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&hss_channel=tw-2328658308

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

There I was reading through the pages of comments on the Class 66 announcement, and the Key Model World announcement for Calder Hall popped up on Facebook. I couldn’t resist, an Accurascale Class 31 now ordered. 

The only question is when is a Network Rail version going to be released?

Edited by StuAllen
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, StuAllen said:

There I was reading through the pages of comments on the Class 66 announcement, and the Key Model World announcement for Calder Hall popped up on Facebook. I couldn’t resist, an Accurascale Class 31 now ordered. 

The only question is when is a Network Rail version going to be released?

The boys at ACC kept that one quiet.....................mine ordered as well

2 hours ago, Nigel Emery said:

This just appeared in my twitter feed:

https://hubs.ly/Q01DlwD10

Nige.

Many thanks for this ive ordered a sound fitted one

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Looking at the photos of the loco being modelled 31276 and 31130, I noticed the different position of the headlight. I wonder how many different positions there were - modelling BR blue mostly pre-headlight does make my choices for renumbering so much easier.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I saw that at the bottom of the HM stand at Glasgow and was like I'm sure that's a new announcement. Since I'm not in the market didn't bother to ask but didn't think it odd it wasn't more prominent.

2 hours ago, GD said:

It's refreshing that this limited edition is the same price as the main range and not an opportunity to slap an extra £50 on top.

You see.  To me this epitomises Accurascale. Most of their locos seem to be a similar price which make it simpler and more attractive to the buyers, but also presumably to the company.  

• Like 4
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
On 22/02/2023 at 10:31, McC said:

The run is completely sold out on preorder now, for direct and trader allocations but our retail partners may still have small levels of stock to sell still.

Is there any chance that we get some warning that that point is being reached? It seems we can know the amount left for in-stock items (when limited) but not for pre-orders. 

I’ve registered for notification for 31402 now after I was going to purchase it in January, but spent the available budget on some Mark 2s with a view to ordering it when I got paid this month. Wish I had waited on the Mark 2s now and gone the other way around!

I am not a big fan of owing money so tend to pay when I order, especially given delivery dates can be quite variable and I don’t want a big-hit at once!

Roy

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Is there any chance that we get some warning that that point is being reached? It seems we can know the amount left for in-stock items (when limited) but not for pre-orders. 

I’ve registered for notification for 31402 now after I was going to purchase it in January, but spent the available budget on some Mark 2s with a view to ordering it when I got paid this month. Wish I had waited on the Mark 2s now and gone the other way around!

I am not a big fan of owing money so tend to pay when I order, especially given delivery dates can be quite variable and I don’t want a big-hit at once!

Roy

The 31 was a bit unusual, as sales were extremely strong, but the demand from trade was such that we essentially oversold the planned production run. More runs will be announced, but at the moment we're playing it safe.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

42 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Roy

Snooze and you miss out!

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

I am sure you didn’t really have to rub salt in the wounds! 😢

Roy

As a general comment you can use the ‘reserve’ option in the cart to secure your model(s) with a 15% payment then pay the balance in full of in part any time that suits after that point. 

Edited by McC
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

Have I missed it, or is the multi-colour 31413 a new Rails  of Sheffield announcement?

Accurascale ACC2842-DCC Class 31 31413 'Severn Valley Railway' BR Two-Tone Blue Diesel Locomot – Rails of Sheffield

Appears to be a brand new announcement, dated today. Not for me, but a very smart loco which I'm sure will sell well. 

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Indeed it is the latest commission with Rails of Sheffield. Having had the Lima version of this as a lad I was shouting loud at Gareth to do it. I'm not sure he's so enamoured with the livery as I am but his artwork has really knocked it out of the park.

image.png.7fbfe7ed71c5ab92017b45c78ac61620.png

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 12
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Yes!!! 

My adopted Grandad had the Lima model when I was small and I loved it.

*definitely* going on the list! 😍 

8 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Indeed it is the latest commission with Rails of Sheffield. Having had the Lima version of this as a lad I was shouting loud at Gareth to do it. I'm not sure he's so enamoured with the livery as I am but his artwork has really knocked it out of the park.

image.png.7fbfe7ed71c5ab92017b45c78ac61620.png

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1