Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Dapol OO Gauge Hawthorn Leslie 0-4-0

AY Mod

5 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Obviously in your haste to diss a creative solution, you failed to research that solution, as if you had, then you would know that the above couldnt happen with the Hattons 66, as its screw fitted.

At least i’m trying to offer constructive suggestions, thats much harder than knocking everyone elses.

The model is what it is, as they chose to ignore the feedback from others too, but its there money and they arent the worst offender, it is what it is… and i canceled mine nearly a year back now as I was disappointed in how the end product was coming along. I’m interested, but neutral now, lets see if it reaches the bargain bins.

I fail to see the relevance of the Hattons 66 having a screw-on bufferbeam in the context of a comment about the Heljan Hunslet. Smacks of 'it doesn't happen to X therefore it didn't happen to Y'.  

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, James Harrison said:

I fail to see the relevance of the Hattons 66 having a screw-on bufferbeam in the context of a comment about the Heljan Hunslet. Smacks of 'it doesn't happen to X therefore it didn't happen to Y'.  

?

were talking about Hawthorn Leslie by Dapol last time I read the thread ?

specifically a gouge out of the bufferbeam.

but its all a bit too late to change it anyways.

so maybe move onto how to fix it.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

?

Thin brass overlay with a few rivets embossed in it. A half hour's work, tops.  

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, adb968008 said:

?

My fix for it is not to lose sleep over it.  It's a compromise that means I get a working model.  Your mileage may vary 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just preordered a Port of London Authority one from Rails.

I seem to have fallen down an industrial shunter hole. Wallet is hurt, but not as hurt as if I were on a Merchant Navy spending spree!

Looking forward to this.

Also couldn't resist the Cadburys vent van to go with it. (pre-order)

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 05/02/2024 at 14:05, adb968008 said:

?

The "gouge out of the bufferbeam" is a basic requirement for most potential customers - so that the loco can pull trains.

Being in a small minority has its disadvantages, unfortunately.

CJI.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, tractionman said:

this inf came from Rails this morning

https://railsofsheffield.com/collections/Dapol-oo-gauge-april-may-new-releases

April or May arrival expected.

That's great - gives me 2-5 months to recapitalize my modelling budget between this arriving and the Andrew Barclays I've ordered. Although won't be in time for me to pick it up on my next UK trip - will have to be when my partner comes over in May/June. 

Excited about this one.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Mid-April now and getting angsty. 

Hope this one is a success for Dapol - their B4 is a sweet runner and we need more well designed shunters :)

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 13/03/2024 at 01:27, Nova Scotian said:

Just preordered a Port of London Authority one from Rails.

I seem to have fallen down an industrial shunter hole. Wallet is hurt, but not as hurt as if I were on a Merchant Navy spending spree!

Looking forward to this.

Also couldn't resist the Cadburys vent van to go with it. (pre-order)

Me too and I thought I would be quickly satisfied on the industrial front. Helas no. The first small industrial tanks were not really easy to fit sound into them, but these are. And just when I thought Dapol had satisfied my thirst for a noisy small 0-4-0 industrial shunter, Rapido offer more of them... And thus we are condemned to make an industrial plank, what with all those wonderful Accurascale and Bachmann cement wagons... A cement works it will be....

Edited by JSpencer
  • Like 6

Still trying to convince myself to order one of these but something about the colour/liveries just doesn't grab me. Are the photos floating about the final liveries or just the samples?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, alexl102 said:

Still trying to convince myself to order one of these but something about the colour/liveries just doesn't grab me. Are the photos floating about the final liveries or just the samples?

I believe they are samples. 

I’m very keen on one of these; possibly two depending on what else is demanding funds at the time. That Dapol has managed to fit them with sound is added temptation. All the same, I’ve learnt the hard way not to pre-order but to wait until any new model is out in the wild.

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

A warm welcome to all on RMweb from TMC! We're excited about Dapol's all-new Hawthorn Leslie 0-4-0ST locomotives for OO gauge, arriving next month!

youtubevideocard.jpg.0d60a8dad4e0a357cacf922468b8dc46.jpg

Check out our first-look video of these models, from 12.00pm, today here: https://youtu.be/pFo2d_A0OYA

Not subscribed to our channel yet? Join here for a free 'cookie': https://www.youtube.com/@themodelcentretmc

Now, which livery to choose... 

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Howard Smith TMC said:

A warm welcome to all on RMweb from TMC! We're excited about Dapol's all-new Hawthorn Leslie 0-4-0ST locomotives for OO gauge, arriving next month!

Check out our first-look video of these models, from 12.00pm, today here: https://youtu.be/pFo2d_A0OYA

Not subscribed to our channel yet? Join here for a free 'cookie': https://www.youtube.com/@themodelcentretmc

Now if only everyone did the how to get to the chip and motor animation! What a great little addition. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Howard Smith TMC said:

Useful video there H. I think you're trying to give me a headache though (not for the first time 😂).

Looking forward to mine as the chassis should be as good as the B4.

• Like 4
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
On 24/04/2024 at 13:08, alexl102 said:

Footplate are releasing a special edition in the form of a lined Marston,Thompson & Evershed brewery loco which might tempt you £126. As a Burtonian ,it’s of special interest..Sadly though we no longer have The Tutbury Jinny to stock it. They did have stocks of commissioned Dapol brewery wagons to complement it. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Footplate are releasing a special edition in the form of a lined Marston,Thompson & Evershed brewery loco which might tempt you £126. As a Burtonian ,it’s of special interest.

https://footplate.co.uk/products/Dapol-oo-gauge-4s-024-dmb1-hawthorn-leslie-0-4-0st-marston-thompson-evershed-ltd-footplate-exclusive

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1