The Class 89, By Accurascale With Rails of Sheffield

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, 47007stratford said:

New images on Accurascale class 89 homepage. They look very nice too.

https://www.accurascale.com/collections/class-89

They look fantastic and aren’t helping me decide which livery to get. In fact it’s made it harder. I’d never considered executive livery, but it looks phenomenal and now I am. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

I can't justify one.  I don't do the knitting.  And I've already given in and got a 92.... and I don't do 3rd rail either.

I liked the 89 in all the lveries they're doing it in.  No, I'm still not getting one.

You don’t always need knitting in order to have a loco with a coat hanger on the roof! 😜

Eg The Class 89 visited Worksop Open Day during 1993 …

679163722.777449.jpeg.b51b2b9731e46b12cff5980fd3d660af.jpeg

(an 89 will look good being towed to/from an open day with your 92! You know you want to!! 😁)

18 minutes ago, Patriot87003 said:

You don’t always need knitting in order to have a loco with a coat hanger on the roof! 😜

Eg The Class 89 visited Worksop Open Day during 1993 …

679163722.777449.jpeg.b51b2b9731e46b12cff5980fd3d660af.jpeg

(an 89 will look good being towed to/from an open day with your 92! You know you want to!! 😁)

Yeah, but I'd need an unpowered diesel loco for them to propel! 

I don't think my unpowered diesel tenders would quite fit the bill!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

They look mint. I’ve got the Executive one on pre order and it looks great (well as great as the Badger can look, but I kinda like it anyway) as do the other liveries. In an ideal world I’d like one of every AC loco class in the fleet, so that’s class 89 well and truly represented.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I could very easily click "buy" on a Swallow liveried one (my bank may argue otherwise). But I'll stick to just the one, in GBER Blue and gold because I've always said that's my favourite post-privatisation livery. Plus I model pre-WW2 and finally I have no knitting.

Edited by Bucoops
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

My layout hasn’t got knitting…..

or scenery, or track, or baseboards for that matter….

so having a sound fitted IC model on order must be a ‘rule 1’ purchase……😅😅

cheers,

Phil.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

image.png.4bf98471c0e9fd1ad0de966e8e9508b4.png

I have knitting as I have quite a substantial fleet of AC electrics and it just wouldn't be right to not have any. It's quite easy to do with Peco wires and their cantilevers or else, in my case a little scratchbuilding and Scale Model Scenery gantries. All run with the pans up apart from the Class 91 with its bobbins panto!

Edited by 97406
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, Phil Mc said:

My layout hasn’t got knitting…..

or scenery, or track, or baseboards for that matter….

so having a sound fitted IC model on order must be a ‘rule 1’ purchase……😅😅

cheers,

Phil.

Dont worry, i know for a fact the 89 was an electro diesel able to run on 25kv or using its 1650bhp napier diesel engine, which was recycled from 55012 crepello i seem to remember. Im sure accura will include it in the sound file.

• Funny 2

7 hours ago, 97406 said:

image.png.4bf98471c0e9fd1ad0de966e8e9508b4.png

I have knitting as I have quite a substantial fleet of AC electrics and it just wouldn't be right to not have any. It's quite easy to do with Peco wires and their cantilevers or else, in my case a little scratchbuilding and Scale Model Scenery gantries. All run with the pans up apart from the Class 91 with its bobbins panto!

I have overhead wires on my layout as well. Unfortunately they are currently on the baseboard because two cats decided it would be a good place to lie down. 😭 I used the Dapol masts with the peco wires. I used thin clear fishing line to tie the pantographs down so they run just under the wires without making contact. 

Nice looking layout you have there.

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, darrel said:

I have overhead wires on my layout as well. Unfortunately they are currently on the baseboard because two cats decided it would be a good place to lie down. 😭 I used the Dapol masts with the peco wires. I used thin clear fishing line to tie the pantographs down so they run just under the wires without making contact. 

Cats, eh? I’ve had a similar issue once with one of mine, but the layout is only 14” wide, so I had some acrylic covers made. They just lift off when the door is shut to prevent further incursions! They also serve as a reminder to keep the track clean. My ‘Part Deux’ thread has some details of the OHLE construction.

image.png.f32c311ce8f2b9d1410d9b42d0e257b7.png

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, darrel said:

If you energise it with 25kv, they'd only touch it once.... 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, darrel said:

Drooling over this. It looks fantastic I've wanted a model of 89001 since she was built. The detail around the underframe is fantastic. 

And this is what the hobby is about.

were probably only ever going to get 1 rtr model of a class 89…. If its a half bake whats the point ?

i’m dead excited about this one.

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/06/2023 at 19:31, Torbay Express said:

If you energise it with 25kv, they'd only touch it once.... 

Under the right conditions it'll do the job from about 6ft away ...................

Anywho, Don't need one of these - must resist .......... must resist .................... must resist 😵 

(been trying to convince myself ever since seeing the EP sample in Rails emporium ............ it's a stunning model)

Edited by Southernman46
grammar