Hattons pre-owned items

GWR-fan

6 minutes ago, Halvarras said:

Umm.....I'm having trouble reconciling the state of this with the price being asked.....

https://www.hattons.co.uk/1495618/hornby_r3842_po05_class_w1_hush_hush_4_6_4_10000_in_lner_apple_green_pre_owned_sold_as_seen_non/stockdetail

Edit - ah sorry, it comes in a very good box. So that's OK then.....

I think they missed a full stop, it  should read £1.85 !!!!🤣

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

1 hour ago, Halvarras said:

Umm.....I'm having trouble reconciling the state of this with the price being asked.....

https://www.hattons.co.uk/1495618/hornby_r3842_po05_class_w1_hush_hush_4_6_4_10000_in_lner_apple_green_pre_owned_sold_as_seen_non/stockdetail

Edit - ah sorry, it comes in a very good box. So that's OK then.....

Eh?

A very good 'plain cardboard replacement' box at that.

Even Amazon's boxes are prettier than that.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

They seem to have been listing an awful lot of N scale all of a sudden, both UK and continental outline but the prices being asked for a lot of it is well over the top.

Meanwhile, in the once fertile bargain hunting ground of US outline HO, it has all gone very quiet.

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Kaput said:

In fairness, its difficult to sell something as "never removed from box" if you in fact removed it from the box to take a picture of it.

Agree but the one in the link with the orange box said recently tested so had to have been out if the box for testing.

• Funny 1

11 hours ago, John M Upton said:

They seem to have been listing an awful lot of N scale all of a sudden, both UK and continental outline but the prices being asked for a lot of it is well over the top.

Meanwhile, in the once fertile bargain hunting ground of US outline HO, it has all gone very quiet.

There has been a huge amount of US outline N put on there over the past fortnight, some of it fairly obscure stuff such as the "President series" boxcars which feature a mugshot of every US President, though I did notice Bill Clinton (and one of the lesser known 19th Century ones) was going for a lot less money than the others!   Loads of old wooden boxcars in elaborate advertising liveries as well.

I did spot them trying to sell one particular boxed set of 6 passenger cars for £160 when I'd bought a similar pack (different roadname) from Anoraks Anonymous a few days beforehand for £36 !!

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

What is this, they say Bachmann but it has a Ringfield motor and some other additions.

The motion look like it's off a streamlined Coronation.

https://www.hattons.co.uk/1518948/bachmann_branchline_31_150_po04_class_5xp_jubilee_4_6_0_5552_silver_jubilee_with_stanier_tender_in_lms_black_liv/stockdetail

Looks like a limited edition of just 1

• Funny 3

3 hours ago, woodenhead said:

What is this, they say Bachmann but it has a Ringfield motor and some other additions.

The motion look like it's off a streamlined Coronation.

https://www.hattons.co.uk/1518948/bachmann_branchline_31_150_po04_class_5xp_jubilee_4_6_0_5552_silver_jubilee_with_stanier_tender_in_lms_black_liv/stockdetail

2 hours ago, Bigskybirds said:

Looks like a limited edition of just 1

Bachmann limited edition release (early/mid-90's IIRC?) of the ex-Mainline Jubilee tooling as 5552 'Silver Jubilee' in the black with silver trim livery for George V's Jubilee in 1935.

I've never owned one so don't recall what Bachmann used to represent the chrome-plated cast numbers, LMS lettering and other trim on the prototype, but IIRC the model is prone to the lettering etc. falling off, which seems to be what's going on with the silver boiler bands on the one Hattons are offering.

Edited by Invicta

I just received three Hornby trainpacks as part of their current sale.  All three packs were as described and in as new/unused condition with all accessory packs included.  All three locomotives, "Duke of Gloucester",  Merchant Navy ("New Zealand Line") and T9 (#338) ran perfectly.  I might have to spring for a couple more.

• RMweb Premium

Just a word of warning for others & I've already contacted Hattons customer service before anyone asks me to. Avoid using Amazon for even low value pre-owned items.

Today I was supposed to recieved a Hattons pre-owned item (a few Oxford cars). Tracking says it's been delivered at 4:22 but getting home after 6pm & still waiting there is zero sign of the parcel with any neighbours or in the bushes/bins or any delivery photo.

This is now the second time this has happend with Hattons. The first time luckily I found it thrown outside into the bush instead of outside my door!

42 minutes ago, Rich_F said:

Just a word of warning for others & I've already contacted Hattons customer service before anyone asks me to. Avoid using Amazon for even low value pre-owned items.

Today I was supposed to recieved a Hattons pre-owned item (a few Oxford cars). Tracking says it's been delivered at 4:22 but getting home after 6pm & still waiting there is zero sign of the parcel with any neighbours or in the bushes/bins or any delivery photo.

This is now the second time this has happend with Hattons. The first time luckily I found it thrown outside into the bush instead of outside my door!

I'm sure you know that the failed delivery is not Hatton's fault, it is Amazon at fault here, although it is up to Hatton's to sort it out.

Incidentally I chose Amazon to deliver my latest parcel from Hatton's and I received it within 24 hours of placing the order.

• RMweb Premium

Where your parcel winds up on delivery is down to the laziness of the end delivery driver, many of Amazon's are good, a few (and yours seems like one unfortunately) have come from the Evri school of (lack of) customer care where they will only bother with the easiest deliveries, throw them wherever and dump or steal the rest.

• RMweb Gold

I've had nothing but great and polite service from the huge quantity of Amazon deliveries I've received, including from suppliers that are like Hattons and simply using Amazon as a delivery service only.  In fact I would rate Amazon up there with Royal Mail/Parecelforce and certainly above the rest.

Steve

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
47 minutes ago, NBL said:

I'm sure you know that the failed delivery is not Hatton's fault, it is Amazon at fault here, although it is up to Hatton's to sort it out.

Incidentally I chose Amazon to deliver my latest parcel from Hatton's and I received it within 24 hours of placing the order.

I am aware. However this type of delivery is Hatton's to chase or refund as they set up the contract with Amazon to deliver the items & as original sender they're obligated to get the items to you. If you're ordering from Amazon directly it's easier for them to just refund or instantly replace as it's 100% their fault. 

33 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

Where your parcel winds up on delivery is down to the laziness of the end delivery driver, many of Amazon's are good, a few (and yours seems like one unfortunately) have come from the Evri school of (lack of) customer care where they will only bother with the easiest deliveries, throw them wherever and dump or steal the rest.

Funny you say that. In my area Evri have always been very good & always put an item in my safeplace in the rare time I'm out. Usually Amazon put them inside the building foyer with double doors however recently I've noticed a new distribution centre open up near me & the quality of service plummet.

10 minutes ago, 55020 said:

I've had nothing but great and polite service from the huge quantity of Amazon deliveries I've received, including from suppliers that are like Hattons and simply using Amazon as a delivery service only.  In fact I would rate Amazon up there with Royal Mail/Parecelforce and certainly above the rest.

Steve

Royal Mail at least send you a picture when they've put something outside your door!

I ordered a pre-owned locomotive mid-day Wednesday, let Amazon deliver it and it arrived yesterday at 6pm. Exactly 30 hours to reach the far South West, can't argue with that.

The delivery driver, in a plain white van not the usual grey Amazon-branded vehicle, seemed cheerful too. Perhaps the service one gets depends on the driver's general attitude or whether he/she is simply having a bad day. We can all get one of those.......

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

So Amazon admitted fault & Hattons claimed it back off Amazon to refund me. I get a replacement item at no charge via an alternative courier. 

Both Hattons & i end up satisfied & a good outcome. 

• Like 1

From another perspective. It’s very hard to be a “ good “ amazon driver as the time pressure is ridiculous , I did it for a bit in covid and it’s the worst job I’ve ever had. Try getting in and out a transit van 155 times in 9 hr shift . So to make those deliveries in that time ( no overtime, not paid to drive back from whatever town you are delivering too )you have to be fast . Imagine ordering stuff , you live in a terrace house on a high street, you are not in of course - what am I supposed to do ? Leave it on door step gets nicked ,try neighbours  ? Only if your  delivery preferences say so, no safe space notified ….etc etc , all in about 3 minutes …..

using their terrible app that keeps among you turn round or suggests driving through a field. I rate RM higher as they probably have a good union stopping  all that 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 4