Is it time for a collectors club?

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Philip Jackson said:

I'd certainly support an Accurascale / Irish Railway Models collectors club. I'm in the Bachmann and Hornby clubs

How would you see it working and what would be the value add?

accurascale already give all customers 10% off on bundles of wagons and coaches (two or more in a purchase) and free post (DHL Next day tracked) throughout the UK for free, and 3% cash back in credit through the loyalty scheme once you have an account with us.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

And we already get LOVELY news letters... and you can approach them on here, facebook, chat, mail, pigeon.... 

Articles? Look at those How to guides on line....

(And I'm sure I have not even scratched the surface).

Accurascale already provide the benefits of a collectors club without the annual fee. The discounts and money back described above, the exclusive models and the behind the scenes information. All that’s missing is a pin badge nobody ever would wear and a branded biro 

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, McC said:

accurascale already give all customers 10% off on bundles of wagons and coaches (two or more in a purchase) and free post (DHL Next day tracked) throughout the UK for free, and 3% cash back in credit through the loyalty scheme once you have an account with us.

One off specials or special bundle packs limited to the CC to start with either available annually or for special announcements. A good catalogue to accompany the release with class working details and history and perhaps a special announcement 

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, McC said:

Ok, but what have Accurascale ever done for us?

image.png.5519c03151f5cfc26756e557a7df991d.png

• Funny 18

13 minutes ago, black and decker boy said:

Paying an annual fee for the privilege of buying models at full list RRP doesn’t tick any boxes for me. I’m not a fan of printed glossy brochures either, more happy with online info.

I like your current business model. Don’t change what’s not broken 

You forgot having a lounge area at exhibitions where only Special People are allowed 🙂

• Funny 13

• RMweb Gold

Each year all the members are entered into a draw. The winner gets to pick the prototype for the next release....

They'd be beating people off with a stick!

Edited by ian
  • Like 2
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

Why fix something that isn't broke ? 

Just because Bachmann and Hornby do something it doesn't mean that everyone needs to get in step. 

We don't have to follow on like sheep.........and I should know...

Rob. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 6
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

We don't have to follow on like sheep

Baa!

But to the point - I think what Accurascale offer is better at the cost of 'free'. The credits are very generous and save you money while you will pay full retail price through the Bachmann Collector's Club. You don't get a regular magazine, but the guys at Accurascale are constantly available via RMWeb.

• RMweb Premium

I think these guys have a different way to market . The level of interaction on here is fantastic . I've also used their ordering helpline and its equally slick . They've already built up brand loyalty .  I view Collectors clubs as the old way for the traditional suppliers  that are perhaps not as in touch with their end market .  No need for one is my view.

• Agree 3

I’ve been a member of Bachmann’s club for years and I’m perfectly happy to remain one. Members’ days have given me memories to treasure. I dumped the Hornby one many years ago because it was so hopeless and promises of improvements were not fulfilled. I don’t see any need for an Accurascale club for the many reasons set out above. Accurascale and Bachmann do things differently. That’s just fine by me.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, McC said:

I love collecting pens and keyrings, oh and USB sticks, and coasters, and MUGS

Just need the signed photo of @Islesy now and my life is complete

Edited by LaGrange
  • Funny 11

4 hours ago, Islesy said:

Yes, it would be nice to produce a quarterly Accurascale magazine (I certainly miss writing magazine articles) and it’s something that, in time, we may consider as we grow, but that’s an undertaking that needs to be done well, (not as an afterthought to justify a membership fee).

Even that part, could be done as a blog or PDFs to download (I think a few exist out there anyway). I don't really see the interest. There are many mainstream magazines out there TBH.

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Why fix something that isn't broke ? 

Just because Bachmann and Hornby do something it doesn't mean that everyone needs to get in step. 

We don't have to follow on like sheep.........and I should know...

Rob. 

Please don't, it'll all end in tiers.

edit: I feel like I may have used this one before, but who cares, it's going to run and run. I am truly inspired.

Edited by Bucoops
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 12

I think it says a lot of Accurascale that although there is no need for a club, there are a lot of us out there that would be happy to join it.  

Being old school, I'd like a magazine that contained the news and reviews that are on line, but I'd prefer to spend money on stock and if I really need a printed page I can print from the website.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

I would say that its not a collectors club that is needed, but a fan club would be nice. 

I think Accurascale have a lot of fans of their work, and the way they go about things. 

• Like 1