Accurascale Welcomes Steve Purves On Board

Wow! I've met Steve a couple of times at exhibitions an he seems a top notch chap in terms of technical knowledge and attention to detail.

I do wonder what Accurascale's long term plan is here - in human terms they seem to be becoming one of the best resourced model design companies, with talent sourced from all their major competitors (Hornby, Rapido and now Bachmann).

I am amazed that a company that size is able to out-compete some of the more established players in terms of packages for employment, but there is clearly some sort of incentive there (be it financial, or freedom to design models the PMs want to the best of their technical ability).

Congratulations all round :-)

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

I am amazed that a company that size

Perhaps we're not the size you think we are ;) 

As for the long term plan, we've been very up front about that since day 1 :). 

"We’re bringing a fresh approach to the scene, pushing the detail envelope further while maintaining a reasonable price for the modeller to ensure the best value for money. Our aim is to bring you the very best British outline models and keep pushing our great hobby forward, with a laugh or two along the way!" Way back when we were 'born' in 2018 :) 

https://www.accurascale.com/blogs/news/who-are-accurascale

https://www.accurascale.com/pages/about

• Like 12
  • Agree 2

19 minutes ago, McC said:

"We’re bringing a fresh approach to the scene, pushing the detail envelope further while maintaining a reasonable price for the modeller to ensure the best value for money. Our aim is to bring you the very best British outline models and keep pushing our great hobby forward, with a laugh or two along the way!" Way back when we were 'born' in 2018 :) 

I hope you still remember the Irish scene too!😂😂

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, NIRCLASS80 said:

I hope you still remember the Irish scene too!😂😂

There are so many Irish models currently underway and unannounced, you may well regret that soon ;) 

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

14 minutes ago, Markwj said:

Is it Steve who usually pops up in the announcement videos to demonstrate the newly tooled 47, 37 at Bachmann?

Yes it is. I went back and checked the 47 announcement to be sure it was him as I had the same thought

Another good team member added to the roster. Looking forward to seeing him in future videos with new projects 😃

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, McC said:

I mean I know you are not three blokes down the pub!

But you are not Hornby or Bachmann Europe sized (yet!), and certainly not Kader sized!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, G-BOAF said:

I mean I know you are not three blokes down the pub!

But you are not Hornby or Bachmann Europe sized (yet!), and certainly not Kader sized!

Soon ;)

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Congratulations to Accurscale and Steve, with wishes for many more great models and hopefully for the next generation of Pannier and Saddle tanks in your thoughts.

Bill

(Never underestimate the power of a smart PM)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, SteamingWales said:

Yes it is. I went back and checked the 47 announcement to be sure it was him as I had the same thought

Another good team member added to the roster. Looking forward to seeing him in future videos with new projects 😃

Thanks thought so, don’t have the new Bachmann 37 but do have the 47, nice bit of kit, great addition to the team. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McC said:

There are so many Irish models currently underway and unannounced, you may well regret that soon ;) 

OK, put me down for one of your Listowel & Ballybunion locos please. 

I know it's outside my area, but ....   Is it stretching Rule 1 too far for me to have Boris' Johnson's proposed line from Stranraer not being cancelled but extended to County Kerry and fitted with the Lartigue monorail?

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for all the comments and it's great to feel welcome. I must point out however that the 37 and 47 are not my work, they are attributable to Kevin and the team. I lead on models such as the 90, 158, Crane, 1P, 94xx, 812, V2, Dance hall, warflat, Bulleid coaches and the narrow gauge range amongst many others. 

Edited by Steve Purves
  • Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Steve Purves said:

Thanks for all the comments and it's great to feel welcome. I must point out however that the 37 and 47 are not my work, they are attributable to Kevin and the team. I lead on models such as the 90, 158, Crane, 1P, V2, Dance hall, Bulleid coaches and the narrow gauge range amongst many others. 

Hopefully you've brought some Bachmann wheels and axles to show everyone at Accurascale Towers?!!

Mike.

Yes, back on the hobbyhorse!

• Funny 1

12 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

Congratulations Steve and now Accurascale how about letting the Maestro loose on some narrow gauge. We’d even settle for some County Donegal etc 🤣

It;s Campbelltown & Machrihanish Paul and maybe Sittingbourne & Kemsley !!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, longchap said:

Congratulations to Accurscale and Steve, with wishes for many more great models and hopefully for the next generation of Pannier and Saddle tanks in your thoughts.

Bill

(Never underestimate the power of a smart PM)

Those will be after the Midland 2F and Midland Flatiron !!! 

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Steve Purves said:

Thanks for all the comments and it's great to feel welcome. I must point out however that the 37 and 47 are not my work, they are attributable to Kevin and the team. I lead on models such as the 90, 158, Crane, 1P, 94xx, 812, V2, Dance hall, warflat, Bulleid coaches and the narrow gauge range amongst many others. 

The 90 and 158 (which are the only models I own out of your list) are still excellent models therefore my point still stands, great addition to the accurascale team and I look forward to what’s coming.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1