Which Models would you wish from RevolutioN Trains?

Stefen1988

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Given that Revolution are not far away from releasing their class 59 in N gauge how about upscaleing it to OO gauge as it would be better than Dapols attempt..... sorry have i already mentioned that elsewhere??????

Serious suggestion then....... Given that Revolution are not far away from releasing their class 59 in N gauge how about doing the ARC/Hanson JHA hopper wagon (in both N & OO gauge), it will go well both with the 59 and the newer HOA hopper and has carried at least 3 different liveries??

• Like 2

On 13/11/2022 at 00:48, GEARJAMMER said:

Given that Revolution are not far away from releasing their class 59 in N gauge how about upscaleing it to OO gauge as it would be better than Dapols attempt..... sorry have i already mentioned that elsewhere??????

Serious suggestion then....... Given that Revolution are not far away from releasing their class 59 in N gauge how about doing the ARC/Hanson JHA hopper wagon (in both N & OO gauge), it will go well both with the 59 and the newer HOA hopper and has carried at least 3 different liveries??

Has the Dapol OO class 59 been retailed yet ? Would Revolution really want to duplicate it and expect to turn a profit ? 

Now the Swindon Cross Country DMU would be an entirely different prospect i am confident

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 14/11/2022 at 11:04, Covkid said:

Has the Dapol OO class 59 been retailed yet ? Would Revolution really want to duplicate it and expect to turn a profit ? 

Now the Swindon Cross Country DMU would be an entirely different prospect i am confident

Why would Dapol want to duplicate the class 59 when Hornby/Lima already make one, simple, they tried to make a better one than Hornby, Revolution could upscale theirs and it would be a better model than Dapols meaning quite simply that i would not buy the Dapol model, i would buy the Revolution model as it is more accurate, there would be no compitition.

4 minutes ago, GEARJAMMER said:

Why would Dapol want to duplicate the class 59 when Hornby/Lima already make one, simple, they tried to make a better one than Hornby, Revolution could upscale theirs and it would be a better model than Dapols meaning quite simply that i would not buy the Dapol model, i would buy the Revolution model as it is more accurate, there would be no compitition.

You highlighted it yourself with the "H" and the "L" brands.  I have bought the odd Lima model I confess, but the only Hornby locos I have are because they are the only game in town.  Castle, Grange, 38xx and Pecketts. Lima would be one of two generations more distant anyway.  I would image a Dapol 59 to be more or less thew same spec as Revolution, and certainly not have second rate sound and fairytale steam coming out of it. 

• RMweb Premium

Judging by the increasing numbers of comments regarding the forthcoming Dapol OO scale Class 59, unless another manufacturer steps up with a new one that is actually accurate (as opposed to Dapol's policy of vaguely near enough/that will do) I would not be surprised to see a lot of detailed Lima/Hornby bodyshells being remounted on Dapol chassis soon.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to see an N Scale GWR County Class 4-6-0, this locomotive is desperately needed to boost the N scale GWR representation.

A modified Hall with a Hawksworth tender would also be a great addition.

Thank you 

Steve

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
On 12/11/2022 at 19:58, peterfgf said:

Politeness in emails.

Or an email update on the N scale class 59 would be nice. I get that crowd funding means a slow process but it's nearly a year since I gave them a wodge of money and it'd be nice if they could at least spare the time to send an update.

Maybe after it arrives in my hands I might be prepared to consider something else.

Edited by AndrueC
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

There have been a few updates on the 59? They had painted samples at TINGS and Warley and have posted and emailed updates of them, most recently the Kernow special editions last month. The order book is still open, so I presume production hasn't yet started. They always offer plenty of warning of order books closing if you don't want the funds tied up.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, AndrueC said:

Or an email update on the N scale class 59 would be nice. I get that crowd funding means a slow process but it's nearly a year since I gave them a wodge of money and it'd be nice if they could at least spare the time to send an update.

Maybe after it arrives in my hands I might be prepared to consider something else.

Hi there,

We send out newsletters when there is something to say, but not every newsletter can feature every project.  If you want to know the latest on any model go to our Projects page, or check the news pages; we tend to update fairly regularly when there is information.  The most recent news was in November when the Kernow exclusives were announced.

In terms of timings, developing a new model locomotive takes about 18 months, plus Covid has continued to impact the factories in China so progress on all projects (and for all manufacturers as far as I can tell) has been subject to delay.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

We’re running a poll for N Gauge D&E models you would like to see produced over on N Gauge News which might provide an indication of popular types modellers would like to see from manufacturers like Revolution in the future.

Head on over and cast your vote here:

https://www.ngaugenews.com/post/the-n-gauge-news-n-gauge-christmas-wish-list-2022-diesel-electric

Poll ends tomorrow so don’t leave it too late! 

Tom. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Knowing the penchant of one of the Revo team - how long before we see a HST in 7mm gauge?

It would finally prompt me to build an 0 gauge line in the garden to go with the real railway that passes my back fence.

Sorry - can't find a HST video but then again, the log carriers scaled up to 7mm would also suffice.

• Like 3

Nah, not in 7mm, no-one wants one of them! However do one in 4mm instead. We need a model to high standards that looks right! 

Also just throwing a completely random curveball in, what about a selection of covered cereal bogie hopper wagons? 

Edited by Wolf27