'???????' YouTube video at noon on 10th October

Paul.Uni

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

What have Hornby got in the ancient tooling cupboard that could be dragged out, the tagline line 'return of an old and much requested favourite'

Battle Space badged as Ukranian special forces?

• Funny 1

9 minutes ago, Watto1990 said:

New email out, promising that we won’t want to miss the “oh” so special train. Could it be a hOt announcement, perhaps?

01D096EA-96FB-4F5B-80DB-14BD57C4EFDE.jpeg

Reviving the films tie-in range with "Oh Mister Porter"? Reliveried Railroad Holden as it looks a biiit like "Gladstone" with the open cab, and have the ancient plastic tunnel with a Skaledale windmill on top?

(To be fair, it's what 8 year old me -only with an Airfix windmill- did to re-enact the film) ;)

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

23 hours ago, Johan DC said:

Maybe some other Company will announce something on tuesday? 😇

Hmmmm.  That other company are mking a takeover bid and are going to run it properly? 🤣

At GETS yesterday, when somebody suggested another product accurascale might consider doing, they did let slip that there would be another announcement before too long ....    😆

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, Paul.Uni said:

This is weirdly unlike Hornby to me. I wonder what they’re up to?

They don’t do mid-year announcements. And what’s the significance of Monday 10th October 2022?

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, jonnyuk said:

according to SK, the P2 steam fitted loco will be with us in Dec which suggests its all done and been packed onto boats unless you are referring to something else

I was just referring to the prototype steam generator that I saw strapped atop a loco in the Hornby tv series a few months ago.  I don’t follow the many statements of Mr Kohler and am not privy to any inside intelligence from Hornby.

Cheers

Darius

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Paul.Uni said:

'Oh' so special, steam... If, and that's a big if, they'll introduce O-gauge, I would think something like a Peckett and assorted wagons. Not too high a price to get into the market, and lot of livery options. And a popular product in their current OO-range.  

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Michael Hodgson said:

At GETS yesterday, when somebody suggested another product accurascale might consider doing, they did let slip that there would be another announcement before too long ....    😆

An SER O-class maybe? 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Downer said:

Of one thing I’m sure - it won’t be the Fowler 2-6-2T I’m longing for.

The Fowler and Stanier 2-6-2 tanks are still massive open goals for the RTR boys, as they're too busy producing niche one-offs 

• Like 3

I hope it really is something really exciting as they are saying "we don't want to miss this special train". So it's not just a locomotive on its own as they describe "train"! I'd feel let down if its just a new fictional livery Class 101 Holden with a few wagons and a break van!  It's only under a day left to go. 

R155-Colmans20201119_1577188_Qty1_1.jpg

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, John M Upton said:

What have Hornby got in the ancient tooling cupboard that could be dragged out, the tagline line 'return of an old and much requested favourite' added and then served up for hundreds of quid that has a new tooling version just or about to be announced by a rival manufacturer?

Perhaps it is the return of the sandpaper sound mechanism or the naff 1970's glowing firebox feature. 

The new models already have firebox glow as do most of the opposition models.

Jason

• Moderators
3 hours ago, MrTea said:

And what’s the significance of Monday 10th October 2022?

You can only get that if you get what it is first. I'm not even sure if the announcement will be at the time given on the YouTube countdown but if it is made I've deduced the tenuous choice of that. I'll explain, if necessary, after the event.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1

I believe that this is going to be a “TTS” version of a steam generator.

So it will consist of a TTS sound chip and a linked smoke generator, using the same smoke generating technique as vaping. If you’ve ever sat behind a Corsa at traffic lights then you’ll know just how much smoke vaping can produce.

They will call it “TTSteam” or something like that.

It will retail for around the £99 price point although knowing Hornby it might be nearer £129.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

You can only get that if you get what it is first. 

So it's a decapod! Finally! 🙃

On a more serious note, this pre-announcement is creating some Buzz already, so it is working. Here's to hoping H also will live up to it!

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, MrTea said:

This is weirdly unlike Hornby to me. I wonder what they’re up to?

They don’t do mid-year announcements. And what’s the significance of Monday 10th October 2022?

It.my birhday!!! 10/10/1946🥂, it will be a Kitson ex LMS saddle tank..........some hope!!, 😢😢.

Mike

• Funny 2